News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Hcalvert

Here's a snapshot if someone did not get the AP email.
1633034967695.png

Disstevefan1

From an AP email I just received for an early booking window -

"Active Annual Passholders can be among the first to book and experience Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Take advantage of this opportunity to book during a special pre-sale window 10/7–10/9 for voyages 3/1–5/4. Limited availability."
I wonder if the local YouTube influencers will get a preview event to have a look around and sample the food offerings like is done for any new hotel opening?

nickys

Premium Member
I don't want to stay there, but I'm interested in visiting and eating an expensive meal there, like with Space 220. Hopefully, Disney will open that Crown of Something dining room for a fixed course breakfast to outside guests during the Batuu visit of hotel guests. (Fixed course so that they can get people out of there in time).
I very much doubt they will do that.

Try Space 220 instead. 😊

corran horn

Uh, did we know this?

• After concluding the presentation, the team took questions from participants and spilled some additional details like the “climate simulator” (an open-air space on the ship that will allow guests to step outside whenever they want or need to) and the intriguing concept that this may only be the first story told aboard the Halcyon, with the implication being that the experience’s overall narrative may evolve over time.

So many (silly) questions brought up here answered in one blow! :D

Wendy Pleakley

Who knew that the Fox acquisition would lead to a Home Alone Star Wars crossover.

What does this even mean? Injuring people with paint cans on ropes? Setting First Order officers on fire?

• There will also be “secret spaces” like the engineering room, where guests can “hack in” to the ship’s subsystems and crawl through tunnels into other areas. Later on, active participants may be invited back here for a story scene involving booby-trapping the ship “Home Alone-style.”

corran horn

I'm going to set booby traps for the guests who are coming on board temporarily for a meal while I'm on Batuu.

Then I'm going to drain the pool and enjoy the hilarity when people dive in.
I'd love to be a castmember with random jamokes thinking they're funny asking where the pool is. I'm sure it'll be great the first 500 times.

brettf22

Premium Member
Yesterday, I heard a short story about the Starcruiser on the highest rated DC news radio station.

And I had to chuckle.

The teaser for the story was “Want to stay in the same hotel as Darth Vader? Details ahead.”

Then, in the story itself, they referenced the new WDW “Star Wars hotel” several times. Then they ended the story with an audio cut of Obi-wan’s “Use the Force, Luke!”

So, while the story probably accomplished Disney’s intended result (getting the word out to folks who don’t follow Disney news), it highlighted the challenge Disney will be facing in staying on top of their desired narrative, since the story used the word “hotel” four times, and referenced three characters you won’t actually see there.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
So the early booking for DVC members information states that this is part of the Disney Collection and therefore at least one person must be booked using points. We have to wait until October 7th to find out how many DVC points this will cost. Should be interesting. 🤔

edit: I’m going to guess at 395 points per person.

Last edited:

AmishGuy91

So the early booking for DVC members information states that this is part of the Disney Collection and therefore at least one person must be booked using points. We have to wait until October 7th to find out how many DVC points this will cost. Should be interesting. 🤔

edit: I’m going to guess at 395 points per person.

This is disappointing. I get why they did it for the second Wish cruise which was DVC only. But this is just for a chance to book in advance of general bookings. We should be able to book at cash just like we can book early for general cruises.

doctornick

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom