What WDW resort would you never stay at and why?

Ariel4711

I'll start out by saying that I would rather stay at any WDW resort than not be in WDW at all, but OKW and SSR aren't appealing to me. They have a vibe that isn't what I'm looking for while in WDW, plus I would prefer to be closer to the parks than Disney Springs.

I'm also not big on camping, so FW isn't my cup of tea. It looks like it has some really fun activities, but I don't do well with bugs.

ScarletBegonias

Unless the room was completely free, I would not stay at Contemporary. It's so white, and medicinal inside. It just does not appeal to me in the least.

I've only stayed in one Deluxe, and that was AKL. I adored it and would go back in a heart beat. We had a room that looked at the pool, and I really enjoyed it. It was a pretty cramped room, but we aren't in the room but to sleep and shower, so I'm not too bothered by it.

thomas998

Never again will we stay at an All-star or any "value" resort... Sorry but for that price I can get much better outside Disney, to me they are nothing but a Motel 6 with a few Disney character thrown in.... not worth it. Will also never stay at Animal Kingdom, did that one one time and was very disappointed, their brochures showed animals all over the place but the truth was quite different apparently in the summer the animals run to a cool place out of view from the people in the hotel and don't return until the evening when they are chased back into their barns for the evening.... Well for the price they charge I can't justify it for having easy access because its way out in the middle of nowhere so the only thing it supposedly has going for it is the animals.... So unless they hire someone to use a cattle prod and chase the animals up near the resort during the day I have no use for it.

thomas998

Unless the room was completely free, I would not stay at Contemporary. It's so white, and medicinal inside. It just does not appeal to me in the least.

I've only stayed in one Deluxe, and that was AKL. I adored it and would go back in a heart beat. We had a room that looked at the pool, and I really enjoyed it. It was a pretty cramped room, but we aren't in the room but to sleep and shower, so I'm not too bothered by it.
The outside of the Contemporary may look sterile but the rooms are probably the largest you'll find at Disney and very well done inside, very much like the room you find in the Disneyland Resort in California complete with the cool headboards.

thomas998

I don't know about never, but I'd be hesitant to stay at a moderate. The whole internal bus system stresses me out. A whole separate commute before your commute to the park. A whole separate commute to get coffee in the morning. No thanks. We like values right now because we have small kids and everything is a 5 minute or less walk away. If we win the lottery some day, I'd consider a deluxe because being able to walk to a park seems like it would be beneficial. Right now, we use our hotel to sleep, shower maybe take a dip in the pool, etc. Convenience is key right now and the moderates seem too big and spread out to accommodate that.
Don't stay in a deluxe if you want to walk to the park because the only one where you can walk to the Magic Kingdom is the Contemporary and the walk is longer than you think.

If you have small kids you might consider the cabins as a moderate, yes you have to ride a bus to get to the parks but the walk from any cabin to a bus stop is very short and when you have kids they extra room they provide is very nice.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I'll start out by saying that I would rather stay at any WDW resort than not be in WDW at all, but OKW and SSR aren't appealing to me. They have a vibe that isn't what I'm looking for while in WDW, plus I would prefer to be closer to the parks than Disney Springs.
OKW is awesome. Just so you know.

JohnD

Don't have any. At my price range a value suits me just fine. Let's be honest: I'm in the parks most of the day or dining at a resort or in Disney Springs. I just need a place to put my head each night, Am I really going to look at the theming all that much?

I wouldn't say never to any of them, but at the bottom of my list are the All-Stars because of the distance from MK, Coronado because of the size, location, and style. Also Caribbean because I've heard numerous stories about the bad maid service.

PrincessRachelT

There are a few I wouldn't stay at just because the theme doesnt appeal to me: Boardwalk (although I do like to visit), Carribean Beach, and The Contemporary.
I also won't stay at values aside from AoA anymore. I've never been a huge fan, but now that I'm married and have a LO, I'd rather have a little more room and bigger beds.

JusticeDisney

Yeah, well, my dad could beat up your dad.
That was actually pretty funny. I tip my cap to you for that.

In all seriousness, though, your original response to my post in this thread re the GF made you seem like a total dbag. I'm sure you're not, but that's how you came across.

begood524

I love Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I don't see the point in paying upwards of $300 a night for a hotel room that I literally only slept in for maybe 7 hours while spending the rest of my day out and about. Sure, deluxe resorts have perks, like proximity, amenities, etc. but I don't think that they are worth an extra $200-$300.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom