What WDW resort would you never stay at and why?

glvsav37

I guess I can't say "Never" but I'm not a fan of the Caribbean Beach. Nothing wrong with it, I'm just not a fan of the overly pastel colors and theme. However, if it was the last room on property.....

DManRightHere

I was not a fan of Boardwalk. No late food around, theming is ehh, and the bus service was horrible. I mean waiting 30-40 minites on average and there were so many stops for other resorts. I' w been told the buses are done different from when we went but I still have a bad taste when I think about it.

I did like the boardwalk lit up at night, Boardwalk bakery was awesome, and I enjoyed taking the boats into Epcot and HS.

Maybe I would consider it again for the location when SWL opens...

BigRedDad

For me, it would be almost all Deluxe resorts. Simply because it is not worth the price to me. We use the room for the 3 S's mainly. There is too much we want to do around the world than sit in the room. I can do that at home if I wanted. Paying $300 a night for a bed to sleep in for 8 hours is not my cup of tea. I am perfectly fine at $100 - $150 a night at Values, Moderates, or DVC rentals.

LAM378

I won't stay at WL again. I was wowed as I drove up and as I walked into the lobby, but after a day the resort wore on me. I didn't feel like I was in Florida, which is important to me when I go to WDW (but I didn't realize that until it was too late).

Cast was phenomenal in every way, and we had no problems there except the ones in my own head :joyfull:.

I think I would love WL if it was anywhere else, especially for a fall/winter vacation. But in FL, I want palm trees and lots of light and a beachy vibe. I definitely wouldn't stay at FW for this reason, and I'm not sure I'd like POR or POFQ for the same.

CaptainAmerica

I think people are missing out by dismissing the Fort Wilderness cabins off hand. They're not really "cabins" and they're a great way to get villa-esque accommodations at a great value.

For me, I'll never stay at the Grand. I love the deluxe resorts but the Grand feels overly formal and over-the-top expensive. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, it'll be at the Polynesian. For now we're very comfortable in the moderates or "lower end" deluxes (AKL, WL, OKW, SSR).

slappy magoo

If the choice is going but staying at a resort I don't dig or not going, I'll choose the former.

Having said (er, written) that...not fond of the Values in general (standard rooms are way too small), but I especially don't like the looks of most of the All Stars. They look like someone designed a room for a child without asking them any personal questions. You like soccer? Sure you do. Look! Soccer stuff! I'd opt for AoA (especially if I could get a suite) or Pop first.

Of the moderates, Caribbean floats my boat the least, I'd probably go first for Coronado, then either of the Port Orleans resorts.

I can do a cabin without crying. And I'm down with any of the Deluxes or DVC resorts, though OKW would probably be my last choice unless I wanted more quiet and privacy.

jlsHouston

Probably Key West. I went on property to eat at Olivia's last summer ( great food ) and got lost in the resort leaving the parking lot, LOL. I hate to stay somewhere I couldn't easily find my way out of.

MKCP 1985

I would say "never again" to the All Stars. I've stayed there a few times back when the rate was $70 per night and endured the tiny cramped quarters, the lack of any closet space or comfortable chair in the room to sit in while waiting for everyone to get ready. I've endured the walk in the rain to the food court to get a morning cup of coffee.

but never again.

There are so many wonderful hotel franchises just outside the gates that provide a much more comfortable experience with amenities you don't get at the All Stars. And the rates today at the Disney value resorts are ridiculous. I'll pay the extra for a rental car and the parking fees at the park and be much happier.

SW_matt

Probably the contemporary- seems a bit too busy for my liking whenever i have been through. I would be reluctant to go back to old key west- it was pretty miserable walking right to the back of the resort all the time :(

DisneyDreamer08

I don't know about never, but I'd be hesitant to stay at a moderate. The whole internal bus system stresses me out. A whole separate commute before your commute to the park. A whole separate commute to get coffee in the morning. No thanks. We like values right now because we have small kids and everything is a 5 minute or less walk away. If we win the lottery some day, I'd consider a deluxe because being able to walk to a park seems like it would be beneficial. Right now, we use our hotel to sleep, shower maybe take a dip in the pool, etc. Convenience is key right now and the moderates seem too big and spread out to accommodate that.

Lucky

I don't know about never, but I'd be hesitant to stay at a moderate. The whole internal bus system stresses me out. A whole separate commute before your commute to the park. A whole separate commute to get coffee in the morning. No thanks. We like values right now because we have small kids and everything is a 5 minute or less walk away. If we win the lottery some day, I'd consider a deluxe because being able to walk to a park seems like it would be beneficial. Right now, we use our hotel to sleep, shower maybe take a dip in the pool, etc. Convenience is key right now and the moderates seem too big and spread out to accommodate that.
POFQ is smaller than Pop.

DisneyFans4Life

I would never pay to stay at the Grand unless money didn't matter. When I go to Disney, I want to stay somewhere that is nicely themed and to me, the Grand just doesn't do it.

Now if the room was free or I was super rich and money didn't matter...then sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom