What WDW resort would you never stay at and why?

DisneyDaver

Everything is is available to everyone. They are not exclusive to people staying at the resort.

Absolutely, but a resort's restaurants are obviously more convenient to those staying at that resort. My trips to WDW are always limited (for work reasons) to 4 or 5 nights so saving a bit of travel time between resorts/parks/dining has a ton of value. I suspect others who are also there on tight timeframes might feel similarly. If someone is able to stay a week at a time or longer, I would think the deluxes might have less value.

BOOMitsGeorgia

I would stay at any resort that my budget allows. I've stayed at POR and AOA and both were incredible! I don't really like the all stars or Pop but if my budget is tight then i'll stay at them! One day I would like to stay at a deluxe but its too expensive when coming from the UK.

Spikerdink

I'm a bit spoiled, I guess.

My first trip as an 'adult' I had booked CBR, but Disney called and offered to upgrade me to Beach Club for an extra $10 a night. Did it without hesitation.

My next trip was at Dixie Landings...ah, the memories of that forgotten name. Had a great time there and would go back anytime.

After that, I was introduced to DVC by a friend. She rented me a room - a 1BR at OKW for a week and asked for $500. When I got there I knew I found a home. Bought into DVC as soon as I could. Loved OKW, AKL, BWV, BCV and tolerate SSR (just eh to me even though it is my DVC homebase.)

While I can't think of any resort I wouldn't stay in, the All Star resorts hold the least amount of interest for me. If I had the money, I would try to stay for a bit in every Disney hotel and then rank them by different categories. That I think is my Disney dream.

Schneewittchen

We always camp in our motorhome at Fort Wilderness. If we were going to do the hotel thing, I'm not too keen on the value resorts - All-Star Movies, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Pop Century and the Art of Animation. They seem too motel-like to me, even if they are well-themed.

I want table service restaurants, fancy pools and more than just bus transportation.

StarWarsGirl

I love Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I don't see the point in paying upwards of $300 a night for a hotel room that I literally only slept in for maybe 7 hours while spending the rest of my day out and about. Sure, deluxe resorts have perks, like proximity, amenities, etc. but I don't think that they are worth an extra $200-$300.
They're not if you're only there to sleep. If you're using the resort more, such as the pools, on in the case of AKL, the viewing areas, then they can be worth it. All depends. :)

Roakor

of the ones I have stayed at, for the price the contemporary. It impressed me the least. Ya its cool with the monorail running through it. but once the novelty wore off there just wasn't much else there. just not worth the extra cost to me.

However my least favorite is the ALL STARS. Good for the value but if you have the funds to go some place else, do so. not so much because of the hotels themselves but because the the clientele that you get there. your better off at the art of animation or even pop century (though pop is only marginally better). Being the cheapest they get all the tour & youth groups, who like to be out at 2am yelling and screaming. Or so it seems every time I have stayed at one thats the case..

Magenta Panther

All-Star resorts if I can avoid it. The decor is just too flashy for my taste.

Yeah, I have to agree. I once stayed at All-Star Movies, and the decor started to get to me after a little while. Just...tacky as heck. It was like staying at a Nickelodeon resort. Which I did once. What a nightmare...

For some reason, though, Pop Century doesn't bother me nearly as much. I'm not sure why. I think it's the most decent of all the value resorts.

daisyduckie

Yeah, I have to agree. I once stayed at All-Star Movies, and the decor started to get to me after a little while. Just...tacky as heck. It was like staying at a Nickelodeon resort. Which I did once. What a nightmare...

That is what up until this point has kept me away from AoA. I get that they are themed for families, but did they have to go sooooo over the top with them? I can't help but think, if I get sick, that is the last place I would want to be. The decor is just too loud!!!

G00fyDad

The Boardwalk resort. Went there once to visit the boardwalk and we got some serious looks down people's noses. We were all dressed rather well and we were more than well behaved. I guess the group of old bittys that kept looking down at us knew we were not staying there somehow. I have only ever felt "unwanted" at two places on Disney property. This one and the next one (below).

The Grand Floridian. Too many snooty people. Not all, but still too many. This on top of the fact that as a guest to the resort I was forced to park on the other side of a busy road next to the maintenance sheds and jog across the road on that insanely short crosswalk light.

We'll stick with The All Stars/Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, or Wilderness Lodge.

DisneyPrincess5

We would likely not stay at AKL again.

Absolutely beautiful resort with a great QS spot, great TS, great store, nice grounds, spacious studio we stayed in. and more. But we prefer to be closer to MK or Epcot and I can't stand that it's a deluxe with no special transportation.

KaliSplash

There is NO Disney resort I wouldn't stay in. It's AT WDW! Having said that, there are those I would chose if I had another choice. Not a fan of the Boardwalk theme, nor Coronado Springs. Not a fan of the location for Port Orleans or the hotels at Disney Springs. But would stay at any of these in a heartbeat to get to WDW.

EvilQueen-T

It would have to be Fort Wilderness, I just don't camp. We've stayed at all the values (including AoA), all the mods except the cabins, and 7 deluxe/dvc resorts. I'd also have to say my least favorite stay was at Boardwalk. We had room issues (no my family of 2 adults and 2 teens doesn't want to share a king bed while paying to stay club level), add on sharing the mk bus with swan, dolphin, yacht, and beach and the super slow boat or walking to/from dhs...not feeling very deluxe for us. I love how everyone has a different feeling tho. One person didn't like WL because it didn't feel like FL. For those of us who live here in FL love it for exactly for that reason lol. I guess disney was smart to make sure there's a variety.

Unomas

For some reason, though, Pop Century doesn't bother me nearly as much. I'm not sure why. I think it's the most decent of all the value resorts.

I've stayed at Pop a few times. The period piece decor is pretty cool. I can definitely stay there if it meant Disney or not. Now that we're DVC members, I don't see us having to make that choice again. But if I had to pick a value, Pop would be it for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom