What WDW resort would you never stay at and why?

HauntedMansionFLA

The value resorts look like they would be a bit loud with large families. We have stayed at AKL every time but the wife wants a change over to the monorail resorts. I was thinking Poly but now maybe Bay Lake Tower. You can walk to and from the MK which is nice plus the views would be very magical.

JusticeDisney

Grand Floridian. First, it is stuffy beyond belief, which is the exact opposite of what I am looking for in Disney World. And second, the rates are absolutely laughable, especially when considering that the quality of the GF is not one bit better than places like YC/BC or AKL.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't stay at the Value Resorts. I like a little bigger room (can't yet afford Deluxe) and a quieter resort.

Spike-in-Berlin

I will never ever stay again at the Poly. I actually loved it when I stayed there, I adored especially the lobby which even topped the Wilderness Lodges cavernous lobby (stayed there as well) as the best lobby in a Disney resort...and they destroyed it. The present lobby is an insult to all the guests who experienced the Poly in its original incarnation which made it Tiki central, I neither will forgive them that they destroyed a real classic nor will I pay hundreds of bucks for the increasingly insane prices to stay there.
And I will never return to the AKL. One night was enough, in a room which would have fitted perfectly into the Haunted Mansion, including thick cobwebs on the lamps and dusty curtains which looked like they came directly from the HM ballroom.
Finally I am neither interested in staying in the Grand Floridian and Boardwalk because I just don't like the theming.

sheriffwoody

No desire to stay at any of the all stars. I'll also never stay at POP again. I'd give Art of Animation a try though! And all the others are definitely appealing in their own ways.

Huglife

I can't bring myself to book anything above a value (I stayed at the Wilderness Cabins with 5 adults once). I booked six nights in a preferred room at POP with upgraded dining plan and it's still at least $500 less than anything else. Though I'm at a time in my life where it's affordable to me it just doesn't seem worth it for the small amount of time I spend at my resort. I look almost everyday but can't bring myself to change my reservation. I'd rather spend my money in the parks on souvenirs and fancy alcoholic beverages.

OliveMcFly

I am curious to hear.

I have stayed at Caribbean Beach, The Contemporary and the Polynesian. One that I would never stay at is FW. Not into camping lol.
Same here. There are a handful I haven't stayed at and I want to stay at every resort but camping isn't happening.

TXDisney

I have a desire to stay at pretty much all of them. Some more than others. I've stayed at 7 different resorts. And my least desired one that I haven't stayed at is poo century.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Grand Floridian. First, it is stuffy beyond belief, which is the exact opposite of what I am looking for in Disney World. And second, the rates are absolutely laughable, especially when considering that the quality of the GF is not one bit better than places like YC/BC or AKL.

Go back to ASM, poor-o.

I have a desire to stay at pretty much all of them. Some more than others. I've stayed at 7 different resorts. And my least desired one that I haven't stayed at is poo century.

Poo Century indeed. Those poors take sidewalk dumps. Just like the Chinese.

ryguy

I have zero interest in the Boardwalk Inn. Pop Century had the smallest room I have ever stayed in other than a cruise ship.

Weather_Lady

I'd never stay at Saratoga Springs, simply because of the theme. We live in upstate New York and when on vacation, we like to go places that are themed to somewhere other than home!

Ditto Old Key West, although not because it feels like home -- I know that some folks love it and that the rooms are particularly spacious, but it just looks too much like a tacky, dated version of "The Golden Girls" sets to me.

The Deluxes are cost-prohibitive for us, but I'd never say "never." If I become fabulously, spontaneously wealthy and am able to go deluxe at rack rate some day, I wouldn't want you all to call me a hypocrite... ;)

Punky

Thus far I've only stayed at Value Resorts ( although AOA is about the same amount as a moderate) they're convenient for the most part (except waiting for the buses when the park closes) because we literally only shower and sleep at the hotel. We may do the pool once per trip for about 30 mins tops. My daughter is 6 so she doesn't care where we stay as long as she can "go to Disney World" when she wakes up. I think once she gets older we'll upgrade to deluxe. I would love to stay at Poly or AKL. No other resort appeals to me

BigRedDad

Nothing wrong with preferring to not stay in a deluxe, but they do offer more than just a bed to sleep in for 8 hours. Each of them is more conveniently located to at least 1 park than the non-deluxes. And the restaurant options are typically better at the deluxes too.
Proximity I can agree on. Everything is is available to everyone. They are not exclusive to people staying at the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom