What Disney character do you wish to meet but aren't seen at all?

AdventureHasAName

I didn't even like meet and greets when I was a kid, but for the life of me, I don't understand why these characters aren't available for photos at all times:

Indiana Jones
Darth Vader
Dreamfinder and Figment
The Lone Ranger
WALL-E
The Rocketeer
Herbie
Davy Crockett

wdrive

I didn't even like meet and greets when I was a kid, but for the life of me, I don't understand why these characters aren't available for photos at all times:

Indiana Jones
Darth Vader
Dreamfinder and Figment
The Lone Ranger
WALL-E
The Rocketeer
Herbie
Davy Crockett

Because Mickey and Cinderella are more popular and make more money. A lot of guests would have no clue who Davy Crockett, The Rocketeer, Lone Ranger, Dreamfinder and Figment and probably Herbie are. I'm almost sure that a Darth Vader meet and greet will be at the new Launch Bay at DHS.

AdventureHasAName

Because Mickey and Cinderella are more popular and make more money. A lot of guests would have no clue who Davy Crockett, The Rocketeer, Lone Ranger, Dreamfinder and Figment and probably Herbie are. I'm almost sure that a Darth Vader meet and greet will be at the new Launch Bay at DHS.

Mickey and Cinderella may be more popular, but are the stepsisters from Cinderella more popular? Or Marie from the Aristocats? Or the Main Street citizens?

wdrive

Mickey and Cinderella may be more popular, but are the stepsisters from Cinderella more popular? Or Marie from the Aristocats? Or the Main Street citizens?

Than the Rocketeer and Lone Ranger? Yes.

The Main Street citizens are more atmosphere than meet and greet. If you set up lines to meet them they wouldn't be long.

AdventureHasAName

The Main Street citizens are more atmosphere than meet and greet. If you set up lines to meet them they wouldn't be long.

Then why not have Davy Crockett and the Lone Ranger walking around Frontierland as "atmosphere"? Why not have Indiana Jones walking around Adventureland?

This is kind of a rhetorical question because the point is that if Disney did that, the characters would get mobbed for photos and it would be difficult to manage (unlike the assembly line M&G process they have in place).

wdrive

Then why not have Davy Crockett and the Lone Ranger walking around Frontierland as "atmosphere"? Why not have Indiana Jones walking around Adventureland?

This is kind of a rhetorical question because the point is that if Disney did that, the characters would get mobbed for photos and it would be difficult to manage (unlike the assembly line M&G process they have in place).

They had Flynn Rider wandering Fantasyland a few weeks ago for a few days.

AdventureHasAName

They had Flynn Rider wandering Fantasyland a few weeks ago for a few days.

That's great news. When I was a kid (1980s) the characters were all walk-around and set up meet & greets were very, very unusual (and only for Mickey Mouse). IMHO, it was a far better system and made meeting/seeing a character spontaneous. It also took away Disney's ability to treat it as though it was an "attraction" in and of itself. Disneyland still uses a lot of walk-around characters and it's a better experience.

ItlngrlBella

Ok, I'm a little late answering this, and I'm sorry if it's already been said...

I'd love to see Bing Bong.

I saw "Inside Out" for the first time today with our girls (I know, I'm late).

This movie wrecked me. School starts Tuesday and my youngest is off to Kindergarten and our 9 year old is transitioning into a pre-teen. With both girls now in school all day, I'm beginning to look for opportunities in the "full time working mom world" while sadly coming to the realization that this is my last summer home with our little girls - So, going into the movie I was already a borderline emotional mess. :(

Then it happened - between Joy remembering little details Riley's childhood and it fading away then Bing Bong's "take her to her to the moon for me, okay?" I was a slobbering mess. :cry:

Therefore...

I'd feel better if Bing Bong found a home at WDW.

Seriously Disney corporate folks... If you watch these boards... You need to do this. Plus, he's made up of many Disney characters of the past that aren't in the parks and may be forgotten by some. I think a Bing Bong M&G would see lines on the level of Elsa/Anna. It needs to happen. :)

Last edited:

Kat326

kida-vinny.jpg

Vinny
Oh gosh, I wish I could've liked this post more than once. I would love ANY of the Atlantis cast to come back.

Also, Huey, Dewey, & Louie/Scrooge/Any of the other ducks.

brb1006

Original Poster
That's great news. When I was a kid (1980s) the characters were all walk-around and set up meet & greets were very, very unusual (and only for Mickey Mouse). IMHO, it was a far better system and made meeting/seeing a character spontaneous. It also took away Disney's ability to treat it as though it was an "attraction" in and of itself. Disneyland still uses a lot of walk-around characters and it's a better experience.
I remember seeing videos of the "Dancing With Disney Stars" dance party in DCA back in 2012 - 2014 where guests danced with rarely seen Disney characters such as Clarice,Marie, and Clara Cluck. This was also the only time people who visited Disneyland ever saw Marie and hasn't been seen in the resort ever since. Clarice did show up during the one Disneyland's 57th or 56th Anniversary and was also seen during the "Disneyland Street Party Parade" a few times between 2009 and 2010. Since Disneyland still has walk-around characters. I wish Disneyland would bring out more of their rarely seen Disney characters to meet guests and interact with other characters such as the Mad Hatter or Peter Pan.

brb1006

Original Poster
Oh gosh, I wish I could've liked this post more than once. I would love ANY of the Atlantis cast to come back.

Also, Huey, Dewey, & Louie/Scrooge/Any of the other ducks.
Hopefully once the new DuckTales series debuted sometime in 2017. They might return to doing meet and greets since they haven't been seen since the early 90's during the original run of Ducktales in WDW and Disneyland. Huey,Dewey, & Louie are very common in Disneyland Paris though.

brb1006

Original Poster
Scrooge you can actually see at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
Didn't Webby from Ducktales show up at the parks during the 90's during the original run of DuckTales and the Disney Afternoon? I remember seeing old photos of her along with Scrooge and Huey,Dewey,Louie and the Beagle Boys at Disneyland.

BasiltheBatLord

Foulfellow. I've looked for him at both WDW and DLR everytime i've gone over the past 10 years and have never seen him. I go to City Hall and ask each time also and they always just tell me he's not out.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Foulfellow. I've looked for him at both WDW and DLR everytime i've gone over the past 10 years and have never seen him. I go to City Hall and ask each time also and they always just tell me he's not out.
The more foxes the better! Disney happens to have a lot of cool characters who are foxes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom