What did you do?

imagination30

yesterday ran the rock N roll st . jude ... , a wet and soggy start , but turned off to be very nice and breezy after the 45 min delay bec of the rain stome and lightning.. , but rocked 2:01 :19 , not bad for being sick with a head cold!

dreamfinder

More switch ups on Sunday. 3@2i@8p, then 6.33 in 24min on bike, then another 3@2i@8p. Partially because I felt like crud, but partially cause the different work outs do seem to be helping. Today was bike.

JillC LI

Got my MRI results back yesterday. Lots of damage to the ligaments and cartilage and a severe bone bruise that will probably take the longest of everything to heal, but no torn meniscus which is good news. Started PT, and I've been given the thumbs up on the stationary bike for short periods of time at reasonable effort. Could be many weeks though before I'm running again because impact on the knee still hurts a lot. At least I'm making progress. All this for a momentary loss of focus and a trip & fall.

Texas84

Got my MRI results back yesterday. Lots of damage to the ligaments and cartilage and a severe bone bruise that will probably take the longest of everything to heal, but no torn meniscus which is good news. Started PT, and I've been given the thumbs up on the stationary bike for short periods of time at reasonable effort. Could be many weeks though before I'm running again because impact on the knee still hurts a lot. At least I'm making progress. All this for a momentary loss of focus and a trip & fall.

Way to stay positive!

dreamfinder

Bike today. Had some minor out-patient work done yesterday, doc said to keep it dry for 24 hrs so a run was out of the question.

@JillC LI glad to hear it sounds like nothing overly prohibitive, just time.

Texas84

thatfeeling.jpg

Animal Rescue 10.2K this morning, 2nd in my age group. BEAUTIFUL day, sunny and 50s. I ran with the Garmin in my pocket. I usually don't pay attention to it during a short race. I just obsess about stats afterwards. :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Had a great 30 minute maintenance run on Thursday in preparation for the Trails & Tails 10k I'm running this morning... loving this cooler weather we're having in North Florida. 50s at night, 70s during the day. Back to the run. Making good time during the first 2-3 miles, average pace around 13'25". Until that tree root jumped out at about the 3 mile marker and I went sprawling on my left side..forgetting to NOT stick out my left arm to catch/brace myself. Yeah. Torn rotator cuff. And all I thought I hurt was my dignity. Will start PT next week. No more trail running for me. Or any exercise that causes movement of my left shoulder for at least a week. No gym, no running. :( Hopefully in a week or two I can at least starting walking around the neighborhood. But the doctor prescribed some awesome pain medication, since I nearly passed out from the pain as they were trying to take x-rays of my shoulder, arm and wrist to make sure nothing was broken.

Being one armed bites.

Texas84

Had a great 30 minute maintenance run on Thursday in preparation for the Trails & Tails 10k I'm running this morning... loving this cooler weather we're having in North Florida. 50s at night, 70s during the day. Back to the run. Making good time during the first 2-3 miles, average pace around 13'25". Until that tree root jumped out at about the 3 mile marker and I went sprawling on my left side..forgetting to NOT stick out my left arm to catch/brace myself. Yeah. Torn rotator cuff. And all I thought I hurt was my dignity. Will start PT next week. No more trail running for me. Or any exercise that causes movement of my left shoulder for at least a week. No gym, no running. :( Hopefully in a week or two I can at least starting walking around the neighborhood. But the doctor prescribed some awesome pain medication, since I nearly passed out from the pain as they were trying to take x-rays of my shoulder, arm and wrist to make sure nothing was broken.

Being one armed bites.

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Good to hear it may just be a few weeks. Good luck.

dreamfinder

Sat was 2.85ish with the jogger at my DW pace, about an 11:30 this time (she's shaved 30 seconds or so off in the last month huzzah!) then another 2.15ish at about a 6:45, no jogger. Sun was nada since it was Mother's Day, wasn't right to take off for a few hours. Today was 2.5@2i@7:18.

Being one armed bites.

Doh. Hope for a speedy recovery for you.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks for all the good wishes. Hopefully my shoulder will be okay by the end of the month...I have a trip to WDW planned then. :)

JillC LI

This was the first Mother's Day in as many years as I can remember that I didn't start my special day with a long run. Oh well. Tried to compensate with a long dog walk, and a walk along the High Line in NYC the day before so at least I could enjoy the outdoors and all the Spring flowers. I actually feel a marked improvement in my knee so I'm hopeful it won't be much longer before I can start running a little again.

Animal Rescue 10.2K this morning, 2nd in my age group. BEAUTIFUL day, sunny and 50s. I ran with the Garmin in my pocket. I usually don't pay attention to it during a short race. I just obsess about stats afterwards. :)

Congrats on the great finish!

...Until that tree root jumped out at about the 3 mile marker and I went sprawling on my left side..forgetting to NOT stick out my left arm to catch/brace myself. Yeah. Torn rotator cuff. And all I thought I hurt was my dignity. Will start PT next week. No more trail running for me. Or any exercise that causes movement of my left shoulder for at least a week. No gym, no running. :( Hopefully in a week or two I can at least starting walking around the neighborhood. But the doctor prescribed some awesome pain medication, since I nearly passed out from the pain as they were trying to take x-rays of my shoulder, arm and wrist to make sure nothing was broken.

I feel your pain. That damn tree root did me in 6 weeks ago as well. I hope your rotator cuff heals more quickly than my knee. I actually did some damage to my palm as well when I caught myself (why oh why didn't I roll into that fall?), and I kind think I might've broken something in there too, but I haven't bothered mentioning that here, and at this point, it's probably too late to do anything about it. Everything feels like it's in the right place - just still sore 6 weeks later. I've been far more focused on the knee all along so I've convinced myself that the palm is just a bad bone bruise.

LAKid53

Premium Member
View attachment 140969

Congrats on the finish! Checking my pace during my race is how I missed that tree root...

LAKid53

Premium Member
I feel your pain. That damn tree root did me in 6 weeks ago as well. I hope your rotator cuff heals more quickly than my knee. I actually did some damage to my palm as well when I caught myself (why oh why didn't I roll into that fall?), and I kind think I might've broken something in there too, but I haven't bothered mentioning that here, and at this point, it's probably too late to do anything about it. Everything feels like it's in the right place - just still sore 6 weeks later. I've been far more focused on the knee all along so I've convinced myself that the palm is just a bad bone bruise.

I had the same thought after I stopped skidding after my fall. "Why did I stick out my left arm to brace myself? That's how you end up breaking your wrist or arm." Yeah, should have rolled into that fall. Hope your knee recovers soon. Can't believe I'd ever say this, but I was sad to not be able to go to the gym this morning. :-(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom