What did you do?

JillC LI

Yikes, hope you're OK!

Thanks. I don't think this one's gonna be a quick healer. My knee is still really sore to walk on. It wasn't just a bang to the knee; I clearly pulled something too based on where it is hurting on my inner knee when I step on it. Argggh.

I have taken some spills while running. After I get up I always imagine people in their livings rooms who saw me through their front windows laughing at me.

Yeah, it's crazy how the first pain is always the sting of embarrassment. As I was checking out my injuries by the side of the road, I made sure to act like I felt better than I did so no one would stop to ask if I was OK. I didn't want anyone to see my bloody palms because I felt like such a clutz.

Texas84

3-5-3 finished for the week, AM temps in the 40s! After this morning's run went for a pedicure to clean up my mangled toenails. If you're a half-serious runner you should do this. The massage makes your feet and legs feel brand new.

This Saturday running a 5K then a 10K right after.

dreamfinder

Bike today.

After this morning's run went for a pedicure to clean up my mangled toenails. If you're a half-serious runner you should do this. The massage makes your feet and legs feel brand new.

My DW let me wear flip flops at our wedding. With the requirement that I get a pedicure to clean up my feet first. Massage was nice, but they didn't do anything for my nails I didn't do normally do, and having them take layers off my calluses just felt weird. They did leave some so I wasn't totally starting from scratch again, but the process didn't leave me with any desire to do it regularly. To each their own I guess.

Texas84

Challenge complete. The charity was for Alzheimer's. 5K went off at 0800 and I had a few minutes to get ready for the 10K at 0830. Finished the 10K in time for the 5K awards and got second in my age group. Finished age group third in the 10K. Ran out of gas at mile 5 but had a decent finish after a short walk break.

On the drive home I passed a mud run. I'm not into mud but the course through the woods looked like a lot of fun. I'd like to do it without the mud. It starts later so I was able to see some of the runners. They were struggling. :)
ALZ2016.jpg

Greenlawler

Been getting ready for my busy work season, so I have not been able to train properly for the Dark Side....

Just got back from taking a volunteer group to Give Kids The World Village so I did not run last week.

Got home and figured I should put in at least one 10 miler before the race, did that yesterday.

Did not set any records ran it in about 90 minutes. Should be good to go on the 17th

Mad Stitch

With 1 1/2 weeks before the Dark Side race, I think my outside training is done. It's snowing here and snow is predicted through the next week. Even the Cleveland Indians home opener was canceled due to the snow. I will have to make due on the treadmill.

dreamfinder

2.75@2i, 1.5@7:30. 1.25@7:03. 5k season is almost here so I need to get back down under 7min pace. Ideally get all the way back to 6:30. but not sure if that is realistic right now.

Texas84

Did a practice Dark Side, 3 Friday, 5 Saturday, 11.4 Sunday. Unusually cold spring this year (for us), 40F at start with gusts.

About mile 10 two mid-size dogs started following me and suddenly one of them ran at me and took my legs out from under me. Instinct took me into a barrel roll and I got by with just a bit of road rash on my right leg. So I'm sitting in the middle of the street trying to gather myself and one of the dogs sits in my lap. It wouldn't budge until finally a car came and we had to get out of the street. They followed me for a while but kept their distance. I was able to run the final 1.5 home, no problem.

imagination30

sorry ive been mia , now that the long hours at work have kinda died down , bc of inventory. i can fianally get back to training ... so 2 weeks till rock N roll st. jude Nashville ,-- so today nice weather so ... after 58. hours last week i decided to run 11.68 today and got a little sun .. but it felt good! ... so sorta amping up miles for dec..... bringing me to 77 miles and its not even summer yet! ..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom