What did you do?

JillC LI

Nice trophies Tex.

I (stupidly) decided that since the pain in my knee wasn't awful when I did a forward motion only, I'd try to do a short slow run on the treadmill on Saturday. So I sucked up the pain and did so. Afterwards it killed me. Then I did some deep research into exactly how I had injured it and where my pain was, and I'm fairly confident now that I partially tore my MDL ligament on the inside of my right knee - essentially I sprained my knee. And given the severity of the pain and its duration, it was probably a second degree sprain which can take 6-8 weeks to heal. What I should've done is some physical therapy, not jumping back into running. Sigh. Looks like I'm out of commission for awhile. :-(

On a happier note, DS16 did his first duathlon Sunday morning: 1.2 mile run + 11 mile bike + 1.2 mile run, and he came in first place in the high school age group! Pretty exciting for him.

dreamfinder

2.5@2i@8p. Felt really stiff today, need to try to fix that.
Sigh. Looks like I'm out of commission for awhile. :-(

On a happier note, DS16 did his first duathlon Sunday morning: 1.2 mile run + 11 mile bike + 1.2 mile run, and he came in first place in the high school age group! Pretty exciting for him.

: ( Congrats to your DS though, that's awesome.

Texas84

Congrats to him! I would love to do that. Everything in my area is way too extreme for me. Good luck on recovery.

Decided to just rest up until Dark Side. My spine was bothering me after the dog attack and it was hard to sit for too long. A lot better today.

dreamfinder

Sat was approx 5mi, all pushing the jogger, gotta get DS used to it again for races next month. 2.75ish with my DW at her pace ~12:00, our DS was asleep when I dropped her off at home, so I did another 2 and change at 8:00p while he kept sleeping. Sun was 9m@2i@8p. Today was bike.

dreamfinder

Sticking with my recent trend of messing with my workouts on the weekend to off my legs, ended up doing a double workout Sunday. 5.25ish with the jogger in the AM, 3.25 with my DW at her pace, then another 2ish at my pace while our DS was still sleeping. In the afternoon did 7@2i, neg splits on 2,4,6, 6.5m starting at 8:00, with the last 1/2 at 6:58. Today was bike.

First run since the three Dark Side runs. 5K in my points series, finished third in my age group. Missed a PR by 20 seconds.

You seem to be killing it in that series this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom