What did you do?

a2grafix

Post sore back run No. 3 since my half marathon. While some of North America is feeling Old Man Winter make his early return, I ran 3 miles out and back along Riverside Drive and the Mighty Mississippi in 72 and sunny skies. Massive southerly headwind but did a body good.

Unfortunately this will be the last time I see the 70s for at least the next week or so. Early word has it Memphis might see snow by Friday or Saturday. Snow is rare in Memphis.

LindsayLoves

Have logged my first two runs since the marathon, 5 miles on Saturday just under 9/mi with the last two at 8:30/mi, ham strings were pretty sore so I decided that an extra day or two of rest would be in order.

6 miles today at a very easy 10:40/mi, I ran with my brother and let him set the pace. We ran over the Triboro bridge twice which is definitely not something he is used to but my legs felt back to normal and ready for some miles and faster paces.

JillC LI

Planned to run 4 on the TM this morning, but it was such lovely running weather when I took the dog out for a walk this morning, that I decided to change my plans and run outdoors. I even threw in an extra mile to boot so it was 5 miles at 10:13 pace. This week is actually really hectic and stressful for me with my daughter's Bat Mitzvah coming up on Saturday, and I was making myself crazy trying to figure out where I was going to squeeze in all my runs, so I finally decided to cut myself some slack and not worry about getting all my miles in this week.

bethram

4.2 miles this morning and 9.6 on Saturday morning. If I did the math correctly at 5am after my run this morning, I need to run an average of 19 miles a week to hit my goal mileage for the year which seems pretty do-able to me. Back in early October when I had more than 200 to go I was really concerned about making it. I feel much better about it now :)

Mr mom

looking at another couple of months before I can return to work. I am able to walk quite fast now and do a few Ks a day now but still no running and I cannot bend the knee under weight without extreme pain. But I am getting there. Hopefully I won't have to change occupations but I should be able to run soon, because the knee need not bend a ton for that.

JillC LI

looking at another couple of months before I can return to work. I am able to walk quite fast now and do a few Ks a day now but still no running and I cannot bend the knee under weight without extreme pain. But I am getting there. Hopefully I won't have to change occupations but I should be able to run soon, because the knee need not bend a ton for that.

Boy, you really got hit hard with this injury. Sorry to hear it. Hope you continue to improve quickly.

bethram

4.5 miles this morning with a couple hills thrown in. I'm planning on running again tomorrow for an unusual third day in a row so I don't have to run Friday morning when it's 28ish. Tomorrow morning will be around 40 and I know my long run on Saturday will most likely be in the 20s.

atrus79

After a few days fighting back a cold after the half, I finally got back running today ... 4.31 miles at a 10:26 p/mile pace. Given there is the potential for snow tonight ... wanted to get the run out of the way nice and early :)

Texas84

Progress

bethram

4.2 miles this morning in windy conditions. The cold wasn't bad until I got blasted by the mist coming from the sprinklers in the front of my neighborhood. I'm still not sure why they are still on in mid-November with the polar vortex headed our way.

a2grafix

For months my 2013 St. Jude Memphis Marathon weekend merchandise and finishers medal had been untouched in bags in the corner of my apartment. The 2013 race was cancelled at the last second by Mother Nature's icy wrath - ice storm the day before, freezing temps and 19 at run time. Everything was set up, volunteers out and ready and the race was cancelled due to safety issues. In the weeks to come I received my finishers medal. Some donated theirs back to St. Jude and the kids. The number of medal donations majorly outnumbered the patients.

Fast forward to Nov. 14, three weeks out from the 2014 weekend. The time was now. I needed to do it. I needed to run the course. And I did. Under late afternoon partly cloudy, no wind and 46 degrees I ran 13.75 miles in a little under 3 hours. Felt good to run the course, except for a big park at nightfall. It was really dark.

Good thing I got the long run in. It will be rainy Sunday and possibly with a rain-snow mix.

10470705_10152806384512708_3020186992584684934_o.jpg

241033_10152806384422708_9080039076116247466_o.jpg

LindsayLoves

First "long run" of the reverse taper with 8 miles at a very easy 9:25/mi pace. The temps are now down into the 30s so I had to get the tights out of the bottom of the drawer for the first time in many months.
I had a fantastic progression run late last week going from 9:09/mi down to 8:11/mi, which made me realize I need to get more speed sessions on the calendar to keep me interested/happy through Dopey. I figured after a tough marathon training program all I would want to do is nice slow runs, nope I am ready to push it a little bit.

atrus79

After a long weekend of yard work ... my legs were already tired this morning when I went to go run (and surprisingly a little sore)! Pushed out 4.23 miles at a 10:32 p/mile pace ... starting Wednesday, I plan on ramping up the speed a bit to get back to my sub 10 minute mile pace again. Excited and nervous for next week ... the first 'Mock Dopey' runs :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom