Upcoming/Rumored Projects

doctornick

To my knowledge, Uni hasn't formally announced this yet. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Disney doesn't announce a DinoLand expansion, bulldoze the Chester and Hester crap and make that area the definitive dinosaur themed area in the world until someone builds a real Jurassic Park. That would put a shot across Uni's bow for sure!

I still don't get the fascination with getting rid of Dinoland when DAK needs so much more capacity and attractions. It's stupid to spend money to tear down existing attractions and then replace them with new attractions when they could use the same money to build additional attractions elsewhere in the park and still have the Chester and Hester attractions.

Sure, if they build on the CMM plot (Avatar or whatever) and build in the huge space between Asia and Rafiki's and add on a bunch of new attractions, sure tear down the carnival and put something better there. But for the time beiong, DAK needs plenty of work that shouldn't involve getting rid of some of the few rides it actually has.

PeterAlt

The question is "How many years does it take to build an e-ticket in the Magic Kingdom?"
Well, they were going to build Fire Mountain in Adventureland and Bald Mountian where FLE now is. That was the plan before Eisner left. Somehow those plans didn't survive.

I really want to see Fire Mountain. It's supposed to be an inverted rollercoaster over an erupting volcano. That's exactly what MK needs. It would fit in perfectly in Adventureland at the Seven Seas Lagoon and visually connected to the Polynesian!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Well, they were going to build Fire Mountain in Adventureland and Bald Mountian where FLE now is. That was the plan before Eisner left. Somehow those plans didn't survive.

I really want to see Fire Mountain. It's supposed to be an inverted rollercoaster over an erupting volcano. That's exactly what MK needs. It would fit in perfectly in Adventureland at the Seven Seas Lagoon and visually connected to the Polynesian!
Don't disagree, but I'm under the impression that bird flew the coop a long time ago.

FabulousFigment

Now I am not one who just looks for thrill rides, but this alone would be a reason for me to plan a trip down to Disney.

PeterAlt

Don't disagree, but I'm under the impression that bird flew the coop a long time ago.
Uggggghhhhhh

I have no doubt this would be better than anything Busch Gardens has to offer. The theming would be incredible... Something Busch can't match Disney with even at their best effort.

Oh, I almost forgot. If built, the volcano effects would probably work for about a month.

PeterAlt

By the way, I posted in the "secrets" section some very interesting trivia to check out about WDW. Hard core fans probably know everything I wrote about, but check it out just in case you've missed these things. Newbies need to definitely read it.

FabulousFigment

Maybe we need to let Disney know that we want this ride, like how people let them know they wanted Pirates of the Carribean in the early 70's.
I would love to write Disney about this ride but I am sure they are tired of hearing from me. I am constantly sending them letters about things, and I also forward them letters from guests that stay with us through my business. At this point, they probably see my return address and toss it~!

RSoxNo1

I don't think there is any plans or consideration for a Dinosaur Jungle Cruise (though I too like the idea). There are plans for a Avatar themed cruise which may or may not happen, but I think this is what is being referred to. Basically, a similar concept, but with the AAs animals being the creatures from Avatar as opposed to Dinosaurs.
As far as I know, the nature of the boat ride in Avatar hasn't been put out there. The only information about it is a segment of a track on a blueprint, and that it's a C-ticket.

cheezbat

I remember hearing about both of those proposed attractions and I for once felt like the MK was going to finally become the crown jewel it should be in the world of Disney parks. Instead, it's dropped down the list of Disney parks. Fire Mountain would have been amazing...still could be.

I say build the dang thing and you'll get us fanboys who complain about a lack of a new E ticket to shut up for the next decade. ;)

PeterAlt

I remember hearing about both of those proposed attractions and I for once felt like the MK was going to finally become the crown jewel it should be in the world of Disney parks. Instead, it's dropped down the list of Disney parks. Fire Mountain would have been amazing...still could be.

I say build the dang thing and you'll get us fanboys who complain about a lack of a new E ticket to shut up for the next decade. ;)
Amen!

PeterAlt

I still don't get the fascination with getting rid of Dinoland when DAK needs so much more capacity and attractions. It's stupid to spend money to tear down existing attractions and then replace them with new attractions when they could use the same money to build additional attractions elsewhere in the park and still have the Chester and Hester attractions.

Sure, if they build on the CMM plot (Avatar or whatever) and build in the huge space between Asia and Rafiki's and add on a bunch of new attractions, sure tear down the carnival and put something better there. But for the time beiong, DAK needs plenty of work that shouldn't involve getting rid of some of the few rides it actually has.
Also, DinoLand is supposed to look the way it looks. As a roadside carnival profiting from a nearby dig.

At that, it does a good job!

lazyboy97o

Also, DinoLand is supposed to look the way it looks. As a roadside carnival profiting from a nearby dig.

At that, it does a good job!
That is Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama which is located in part of DinoLand and was only added after park opening to quickly add some rides.

MotherOfBirds

I recall that there was art/talk of a mammoth flume ride in Dinoland on these boards not too long ago. Was that just armchair imagineering or was that actually discussed at one point?

DancingPhoenix

It was an actual thing... I'm not sure when it fell apart. There's concept art in the Field Guide, I believe. I would love it if kids could see "real" dinos in Dinoland without getting the pants scared off of them.

I was recently reading an article someone did about advertising of DAK before it opened, and the Discovery River Boats went by a spot where there was (or was supposed to be?) an AA Iguanodon. Is that what you are referring to? Or like something completely Jungle Cruise but with dinos?
Sadly there was also a cave with a "dragon" in it on that boat ride. Never saw the dragon, but I guess there was fire that came out of the cave when the boat passed by. I have been whining about this forever but seriously why not Beastly Kingdom :mad:

Cosmic Commando

I was recently reading an article someone did about advertising of DAK before it opened, and the Discovery River Boats went by a spot where there was (or was supposed to be?) an AA Iguanodon. Is that what you are referring to? Or like something completely Jungle Cruise but with dinos?
Sadly there was also a cave with a "dragon" in it on that boat ride. Never saw the dragon, but I guess there was fire that came out of the cave when the boat passed by. I have been whining about this forever but seriously why not Beastly Kingdom :mad:
No, I wasn't getting confused with the Discovery River Boats, but I went looking for the concept art in the Field Guide that I thought was there and couldn't find it. I think I may have been "misremembering" and getting confused with this. Maybe because I so badly think this is exactly what Animal Kingdom needs? :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom