Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Soarin' Over Pgh

Question.... what is Universal's park(s) capacity compared to Disney's parks and their capacity? Is there a breakdown of what each park can actually handle, in terms of people flow?

Just a little theory I'm working on... any input would be nice. :)

cba

"Rumors" and "additions" like these is what makes me go on and think how cool Disney could be and what they do instead.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Question.... what is Universal's park(s) capacity compared to Disney's parks and their capacity? Is there a breakdown of what each park can actually handle, in terms of people flow?

Just a little theory I'm working on... any input would be nice. :)
Capacity numbers are kept secret so it would be hard to know if you are dealing with accurate numbers. For instance, you can find people claiming that the capacity of MK is anywhere from 60k-120k. Since the numbers are kept under lock and key there is no way to verify which, if any of those estimates are correct. You are left with splitting the difference between 2 extremes and even that is more than likely wrong.

To make matters worse the actual capacity varies based on what is or is not open. The capacity of MK with everything open will be higher than what it is when TomorrowLand Terrace or even the Main St bakery is closed.

lebeau

Capacity numbers are kept secret so it would be hard to know if you are dealing with accurate numbers. For instance, you can find people claiming that the capacity of MK is anywhere from 60k-120k. Since the numbers are kept under lock and key there is no way to verify which, if any of those estimates are correct. You are left with splitting the difference between 2 extremes and even that is more than likely wrong.

To make matters worse the actual capacity varies based on what is or is not open. The capacity of MK with everything open will be higher than what it is when TomorrowLand Terrace or even the Main St bakery is closed.

The answer is 42. It's figuring out the question that's the hard part.

TP2000

Scary. Mostly what used to be called routine upgrades and nice little additions.

Thanks Steve.

And the two biggest projects here, one vaguely announced by Bob Iger back in 2011 and one simply rumored by Al Lutz in late 2012, are nowhere near the construction phase. Avatarland and Cars Land (two words, Easterners, two words) are like unicorns in their elusiveness.

It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Although I do think the Al Lutz information on Cars Land has a better chance of seeing the light of day than the big Avatarland news from Bob Iger back in 2011.

Funny that a famous Disneyland blogger has more street cred than the company CEO, but there it is.

jt04

And the two biggest projects here, one vaguely announced by Bob Iger back in 2011 and one simply rumored by Al Lutz in late 2012, are nowhere near the construction phase. Avatarland and Cars Land (two words, Easterners, two words) are like unicorns in their elusiveness.

It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Although I do think the Al Lutz information on Cars Land has a better chance of seeing the light of day than the big Avatarland news from Bob Iger back in 2011.

Funny that a famous Disneyland blogger has more street cred than the company CEO, but there it is.

Perhaps Al has not heard that construction fencing has gone up on the CMM expansion pad. And the FOTLK move is now well underway. Or perhaps he has and this would explain his recent silence on the subject.

I am sure many secret e-mails are being dispatched to Mr. Yee to try to get up to speed though.

Perhaps Al has not heard that construction fencing has gone up on the CMM expansion pad. And the FOTLK move is now well underway. Or perhaps he has and this would explain his recent silence on the subject.

I am sure many secret e-mails are being dispatched to Mr. Yee to try to get up to speed though.

I fully agree.

Lutz and Yee have absolutely NO credibility whatsoever.

jt04

Agreed. Lutz can be right, but that's very, VERY rarely.

He likes to campaign for DL while taking shots at WDW. In a sense I do not blame him. It is clear now that the DL community is always campaigning for their little resort and see any investment dollars going to WDW as a lost opportunity for the DLR.

However it is clear, the momentum is heading back towards Florida as is necessary. And there ain't no stopping it. :cool:

ThemeParks4Life

He likes to campaign for DL while taking shots at WDW. In a sense I do not blame him. It is clear now that the DL community is always campaigning for their little resort and see any investment dollars going to WDW as a lost opportunity for the DLR.

However it is clear, the momentum is heading back towards Florida as is necessary. And there ain't no stopping it. :cool:

That's the one thing that annoys me about alot of Disneyland locals. Recently when the Ratatouille ride was announced for Paris on the DPB, someone commented, "Paris and Florida get everythng! Why can't Disneyland get this and Be Our Guest?" Seeing how you just got a 1.2 billion dollar DCA makeover and Fantasy Faire, I'd shut up if I were you.

Californian Elitist

Where is that laughing smiley when you need it? This is one of the most ridiculous statements that's ever come from you and that smiley would be great right now.

Nemo14

Where is that laughing smiley when you need it? This is one of the most ridiculous statements that's ever come from you and that smiley would be great right now.

laugh2.gif
and
yelrotflmao.gif

lazyboy97o

Construction prep also started for the Fantasyland meet and greets you loved so much.

Agreed. Lutz can be right, but that's very, VERY rarely.
I think, like most people, you're confusing being wrong with things changing, something that happens a lot inside The Walt Disney Company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom