Upcoming/Rumored Projects

TXDisney

Ya I love the magic band. But at disney you need a week to do everything you want. But it's a blast that whole week. Universal you can do in a day.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Okay I know we have been around the issue a few times on what everyone wants to see, but is there any reason to believe cars land will FOR SURE not come to DHS.

I for one believe this is a real possibility (along with Star Wars) but I keep having people respond by saying Disney has expressly stated Carsland will not come to FL. Anyone know who or where they are getting this? I have an unaware of any statement either way, but I don't follow DL as closely

Magenta Panther

Okay I know we have been around the issue a few times on what everyone wants to see, but is there any reason to believe cars land will FOR SURE not come to DHS.

I for one believe this is a real possibility (along with Star Wars) but I keep having people respond by saying Disney has expressly stated Carsland will not come to FL. Anyone know who or where they are getting this? I have an unaware of any statement either way, but I don't follow DL as closely

WDW1974, a reliable insider, stated yesterday that while Cars is coming to DHS, it won't be DCA's version. Supposedly it'd be a whole new experience.

Me, I'd rather have Monsters.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
WDW1974, a reliable insider, stated yesterday that while Cars is coming to DHS, it won't be DCA's version. Supposedly it'd be a whole new experience.

Me, I'd rather have Monsters.
Thanks, and that is kind of what I expected. Like others have stated I believe it will be more of a Pixar experience that will include cars as part of that

MotherOfBirds

Not to diverge too much from the current topic, but whatever happened to the Frontierland expansion? The boards were pretty hot a couple years back with talk of TSI getting bulldozed.

LaunchPadMcQuack

For what it's worth...
We had a very talkative bus driver yesterday while heading to Animal Kingdom who stated the following rumours:

• Lights, Motor, Action being removed. This area with the backlot tour will become the Cars ride from Disneyland.
• Monsters themed Rollercoaster and Pixar Expansion coming to Hollywood Studios.
• Indiana Jones & Muppets being removed for new Star Wars attractions.
• Recently painted grey Disney transportation test buses going back to white.

Once again, the driver said these are rumours and not facts.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For what it's worth...
We had a very talkative bus driver yesterday while heading to Animal Kingdom who stated the following rumours:

• Lights, Motor, Action being removed. This area with the backlot tour will become the Cars ride from Disneyland.
• Monsters themed Rollercoaster and Pixar Expansion coming to Hollywood Studios.
• Indiana Jones & Muppets being removed for new Star Wars attractions.
• Recently painted grey Disney transportation test buses going back to white.

Once again, the driver said these are rumours and not facts.

Bus drivers are one of the most un-reliable sources of rumors.

disneygeek90

A Monsters themed rollercoaster and Pixar section would be amazing. I'm ready for LMA to go. It's nice to see once or twice but I probably haven't seen it in at least 2 years and I don't care to anytime soon.

Progress.City

Not to diverge too much from the current topic, but whatever happened to the Frontierland expansion? The boards were pretty hot a couple years back with talk of TSI getting bulldozed.
Circa 2006, Fire Mountain was planned for Adventureland. I think it was planned to be outside the berm, on the Seven Seas Lagoon, in sight of the Polynesian Resort. It would have required a partial relocation of Jungle Cruise, giving that ride new indoor scene elements. Additionally, there would have been new indoor elements of the WDW Railroad, as it passed by Adventureland.

The ride itself would have been an inverted rollercoaster inside and outside an erupting volcano!

I really love the concept and hoped that they would actually build it. I don't know why the project was cancelled but Bob Iger became the new CEO at around that time, so that might have something to do with it. Fire Mountain was a pet project of Michael Eisner, enthusiastically funding every phase of its development, while he was CEO.

dstrawn9889

I saw the new White version of the new busses today. It looks soooo much better.
the grey wasn't so bad during the day, but all the reflective paint at night made them really stand out
disneyworldbusnewpaintd.png
disneyworldbusnewpaintn.png

lazyboy97o

Can't they still use the reflective paint with the white bus and get the same night time effect.
Yes. There is a white variant of the pictured gray bus that debuted shortly after the gray buses. It's just white where the others are gray. It is not the old scheme with the angled Disney Transport logo.

dstrawn9889

what i donr have is the back of that grey bus, the ENTIRE BACK is orange reflective, where the white one is at the same bodyline as the rest ofthe orange on the side

RadiatorSpringsRacer

From the pictures I've seen (and not to trash the silver scheme; it's definitely grown on me), I have to agree about the white bus looking better. It seems a bit...cleaner for some reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom