Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Voxel

President of Progress City
Tell that to Universal! I'm not buying the argument. We are the only family I know that still goes to Disney...... everyone else loves universal.
I'm a bit of a ride wimp....Dinasaur is as scary as I do so universal wouldn't be for me. Son & hubby would love it so I don't want them to find out lol :p
It should be noted that Comcast ( owners of universal), as of 2013, was worth 160 billion in total assets where Disney is around 80 billion. It should be noted that Disney pulls in a net income of 9 billions where Comcast pull in around 14. Comcast is an extremely profitable company and always has been (have you seen their cable and Internet prices.). Comcast has a lot of money floating around. While Disney has spent 12 billion in the last 10 years in acquisitions, Comcast offered to spend over 50 billion to Aquire Disney.
I'm not saying Disney can't afford to expand and upgrade, but they do not have the pure Capita like Comcast to through around like dollars in a strip club. :p

Jason1980

I've been a UK fan of the Disney Parks for many years and have travelled to Florida from the UK every year for the last 12 years. I've been reading these boards for most of that time and very rarely choose to post/comment. I've also been to 4 of the 5 disney resorts worldwide and I have to say that I'm now getting bored and tired of waiting for WDW to make the changes it desperately needs.

I've been to WDW twice this year and on both occasions I didn't bother buying Disney park tickets as they didn't seem worth the money as there is not enough being added to justify the cost. For people who have not been before I feel the parks represent good value but for repeat visitors - no way! I did however go to Universal in September and this was the only reason for the trip - Universals Diagon Alley/ Transformers/Simpsons.

I'm looking forward to the new additions which are rumoured to be coming to WDW however I still have no plans to return to WDW for at least 2years, instead it'll probably be Disneyland California in June and if I do return to Florida in September next year it'll be for Universals HHN and maybe a few water parks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Tell that to Universal! I'm not buying the argument. We are the only family I know that still goes to Disney...... everyone else loves universal.
I'm a bit of a ride wimp....Dinasaur is as scary as I do so universal wouldn't be for me. Son & hubby would love it so I don't want them to find out lol :p

I won't ride a roller coaster more intense then Big Thunder and will not do Tower of Terror, yet I can easily spend 3 days in Universal.

TXDisney

When I'm staying at a WDW resort I don't do Universal Studios. But when I stay offsite, I normally do a day or 2 at Universal Studios. The thing is you can spend 5 days at WDW and still not do everything you want bc of how many rides and fun stuff their is to do. At Universal you can do everything you want in a day. I love roller coasters. So we ride everything just about. 2yrs ago we did a 9 day trip to Orlando. Me and my wife went by ourselves 2 days earlier then my parents. They have a timeshare in Orlando, so we decided to stay at a Universal hotel the 2 nights before my parents arrived. We stayed at the Royal Pacific. With your stay there, your room key is your "fast pass" that they charge I believe $60 inside the park. It allows you to "skip" every line except Harry Potter rides. Honestly this "fast pass" was too convenient. We arrived at Universal after our flight at about 10am. We rode every ride by 4pm bc we didn't have to wait on lines. By the 2nd day we've rode every rude like 3-4 times and it was getting boring. At Disney you never get bored. The mixture of the Magic of Disney and the amount if stuff to do makes Disney 100 times better IMO. Universal is fun, but just for 1 day.

Turtle

Got to Universal (which I loved) at 7 am. Finished every ride and show by noon. In the middle of the Summer. It still needs more.

misterID

Yeah, I can finish DHS in 4 hours. AK in 3. I can spend the day at EPCOT (and return and do it again!) but I have to devote 2 days to MK because of the crowds. Trying to do it in one day is too miserable. The whole vibe of MK is too chaotic and stressful... It's by far my least favorite park. I will love the day AK is a full day park. Once Avatarland is open, though, they'll still need more expansion... like UNI kind of expansion.

The only thing UNI needs is more variety in dark rides, which really irritates me the Lorax dark ride was canceled. If you're a Disneyphile UNI is never going to satisfy you. A good vacation for me is doing both resorts. What I appreciate about UNI is that its two resorts are worth the money for the dual park tickets. Disney is NOT. AK and DHS, as of right now, are half day parks (at best) charging full day prices... and no, I do not accept AK as being a scenic park... It's a theme park, and they're charging theme park prices... and theme parks have rides.

DHS probably has me the most excited. PIXAR and Star Wars sounds great. I still don't understand why they don't add INDY, but oh well...

Kman101

As a solo person, I too can easily run through the parks (without actually 'running through the parks') so I can see how Uni can be done quickly. When I last stayed onsite, for more than a day (which has been years at this point), I was at Epcot when the park opened, done by 1 or 2 and back in the room, enjoying every minute of it. It's all in how you make use of your time. And also, "seeing a park" doesn't mean doing everything.

I do love how quick those are to defend Uni. It's OK to criticize, even if you love the brand. I don't understand why the rule is you can't criticize something if you are a 'true fan' of it.

Amy Brewer

Why is there so much building work going on at Disney all at once? I'm from the UK and visit every year to find something has been taken down or changed.

I remember Magic Kingdom before the expansion of fantasyland and looking at it now they have done a brilliant job. I thought that would be it at Magic Kingdom for a bit but now the hub expansion.

Epcot has lost Malestrom now but doesn't seem to have any major major works going on ( from other feeds it seems to be the place of the next major build)

Animal kingdom obviously has a whole new land of Avatar and the construction walls all around the tree of life to prepare for the future night show.

Hollywood studios is slowly turning into a big building site with a lot of things closing down.

And not to forget Downtown Disney into Disney springs.

I understand that Disney has the money to do all these projects but they must have been given an extra raise or something for all this building work to be going on.

I thought they would at least do bits at a time, so not only are you stepping into a different world and leaving reality behind but also into a construction site.

But I love Disney too much to really complain, it's more of a case that I can't work out why all the sudden work at once.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Why is there so much building work going on at Disney all at once? I'm from the UK and visit every year to find something has been taken down or changed.

I remember Magic Kingdom before the expansion of fantasyland and looking at it now they have done a brilliant job. I thought that would be it at Magic Kingdom for a bit but now the hub expansion.

Epcot has lost Malestrom now but doesn't seem to have any major major works going on ( from other feeds it seems to be the place of the next major build)

Animal kingdom obviously has a whole new land of Avatar and the construction walls all around the tree of life to prepare for the future night show.

Hollywood studios is slowly turning into a big building site with a lot of things closing down.

And not to forget Downtown Disney into Disney springs.

I understand that Disney has the money to do all these projects but they must have been given an extra raise or something for all this building work to be going on.

I thought they would at least do bits at a time, so not only are you stepping into a different world and leaving reality behind but also into a construction site.

But I love Disney too much to really complain, it's more of a case that I can't work out why all the sudden work at once.

Because they haven't added much new in years to all the other parks.

JWG

MK's 50th is 2021. That sounds like forever from now but it's really only 7 years if you suggest the celebration doesn't start until October. There's a lot of work to be done if they want the place cleaned up by then. Most of the work we see now won't be done until into 2017 (3 of those 7 years). That leaves time to finish up whatever else is needed and give MK a real final refresh before the celebration.

Or, maybe TDO got an ultimatum to finally take care of the place as it really needed it.

JWG

Looks like the 1st post could be updated a bit.

- Hat removal confirmed (2015)
- Major Yacht Club refurb (2014 - 2016)

Has location of the Starbucks at DHS been confirmed? I really hope it's not Starring Rolls.

LeRaposa

Looks like the 1st post could be updated a bit.

- Hat removal confirmed (2015)
- Major Yacht Club refurb (2014 - 2016)

Has location of the Starbucks at DHS been confirmed? I really hope it's not Starring Rolls.

It will replace the LA prop merchandise location at the corner of Sunset and Hollywood Boulevards. Source: Disney Parks Blog and here's another link from well actually this very site.

Bairstow

We stayed at the Royal Pacific. With your stay there, your room key is your "fast pass" that they charge I believe $60 inside the park. It allows you to "skip" every line except Harry Potter rides.

Not anymore.
We did the Lowes/Express pass last week and you now have to have a separate Express pass printed by a different machine in addition to your room key.
It's on really flimsy paper, and is totally a pain in the butt since you have to juggle it and your park ticket every time you switch parks via the trains. Wouldn't be a big deal if they weren't so fragile.

It actually made me miss my Magic Band.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom