Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Ranch Dressing

Just some quick notes.

The Disney survey people are out in full force at DHS. While I dont want to reveal what they ask, as I want the people who pay to go to shape the future of the park, one question was Marvel-ous.

Asking multiple CM's and security at DHS all had the same story about the same questions.

There will be a massive Star Wars expansion, from Star Tours towards the front of the park up to the old AIE.

Indy will be eliminated.

The big hat is leaving and one CM said it will be replaced by something from Star Wars.

The Osbourne lights will not be leaving at the very least through 2015-2016 if they even leave at all.

FoozieBear

Just some quick notes.

The Disney survey people are out in full force at DHS. While I dont want to reveal what they ask, as I want the people who pay to go to shape the future of the park, one question was Marvel-ous.

Asking multiple CM's and security at DHS all had the same story about the same questions.

There will be a massive Star Wars expansion, from Star Tours towards the front of the park up to the old AIE.

Indy will be eliminated.

The big hat is leaving and one CM said it will be replaced by something from Star Wars.

The Osbourne lights will not be leaving at the very least through 2015-2016 if they even leave at all.

I doubt they are going to remove that hat for something Star Wars related. I can believe that Star Wars is moving past Indy but to replace the hat with something SW related doesn't make any sense? Why make a SW symbol the icon of the park?

CSUFSteve

WDW1974, a reliable insider, stated yesterday that while Cars is coming to DHS, it won't be DCA's version. Supposedly it'd be a whole new experience.

Please tell me that "whole new experience" won't be carted over from Paris' Toon Studios. I mean, for Paris, that's better than nothing at that park, but the last thing we need is another "Dino-Rama". Semi-related, I also don't get why Disney is so eager to replicate Toy Story Playland at the international parks. Really?? I mean, it's cleverly-themed for what it is, but it's still a Paradise Pier/Dino-Rama in disguise.

Frankly, I'd like to see Studios focus on one thing really, REALLY well: Star Wars. IMO, we CANNOT afford to half-hass this one. Expectations, especially given Universal's success with Harry Potter, are going to be huge. Don't get distracted to fill out DHS. Make "Wars" raise the game like Walt did with Pirates and New Orleans Square. Show them it's not only OLC who's willing to invest in Imagineering's creativity. My view: follow a DCA-like strategy: give guests a lot of up-front WOW (Star Wars), and then fill in the details in a Phase II (Pixar, whatever-else).

And, dear gawd please tell me Star Wars won't be the new centerpiece of DHS. I'm as excited as anyone about the possibility (though, I'm still not sure the Star Wars universe can be adequately contained in a "land"), but I've waited YEARS for Chinese Theatre to return to its rightful place! I'd also like to see the "hidden Mickey" once again reveal itself in the layout of the Park.

RSoxNo1

Please tell me that "whole new experience" won't be carted over from Paris' Toon Studios. I mean, for Paris, that's better than nothing at that park, but the last thing we need is another "Dino-Rama". Semi-related, I also don't get why Disney is so eager to replicate Toy Story Playland at the international parks. Really?? I mean, it's cleverly-themed for what it is, but it's still a Paradise Pier/Dino-Rama in disguise.

Frankly, I'd like to see Studios focus on one thing really, REALLY well: Star Wars. IMO, we CANNOT afford to half-hass this one. Expectations, especially given Universal's success with Harry Potter, are going to be huge. Don't get distracted to fill out DHS. Make "Wars" raise the game like Walt did with Pirates and New Orleans Square. Show them it's not only OLC who's willing to invest in Imagineering's creativity. My view: follow a DCA-like strategy: give guests a lot of up-front WOW (Star Wars), and then fill in the details in a Phase II (Pixar, whatever-else).

And, dear gawd please tell me Star Wars won't be the new centerpiece of DHS. I'm as excited as anyone about the possibility (though, I'm still not sure the Star Wars universe can be adequately contained in a "land"), but I've waited YEARS for Chinese Theatre to return to its rightful place! I'd also like to see the "hidden Mickey" once again reveal itself in the layout of the Park.
The budget for DHS makeover seems to be substantial (over $1 billion) That should leave enough money for a substantial Star Wars land as well as Pixar expansion.

CSUFSteve

The budget for DHS makeover seems to be substantial (over $1 billion) That should leave enough money for a substantial Star Wars land as well as Pixar expansion.

OK, hadn't heard that, thanks. Now THAT'S exciting!! So it basically really is a DCA-caliber makeover, then. I know some like to rip on EPCOT, but I've thought for years that DHS needed help WAY more urgently than EPCOT. Glad to see that happening. Now please just update rather than get rid of Great Movie Ride :)

RSoxNo1

OK, hadn't heard that, thanks. Now THAT'S exciting!! So it basically really is a DCA-caliber makeover, then. I know some like to rip on EPCOT, but I've thought for years that DHS needed help WAY more urgently than EPCOT. Glad to see that happening. Now please just update rather than get rid of Great Movie Ride :)
Epcot is definitely flawed, and probably could also use a substantial investment as well. However work in Epcot can be done more piecemeal. The timing that people are anticipating:
Late 2015/Early 2016: Frozen
Summer 2016: Soarin 2.0
2017: Illuminations 2.0

I still believe that re-doing Imagination and Energy would go a long way to truly revitalizing that park, and I would like to see work on at least one of those begin sooner rather than later.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Epcot is definitely flawed, and probably could also use a substantial investment as well. However work in Epcot can be done more piecemeal. The timing that people are anticipating:
Late 2015/Early 2016: Frozen
Summer 2016: Soarin 2.0
2017: Illuminations 2.0

I still believe that re-doing Imagination and Energy would go a long way to truly revitalizing that park, and I would like to see work on at least one of those begin sooner rather than later.

With regards to Imagination, I would guess that most of the time and money is being spent on removing a couple of the glass triangles and buying a crapload of jet packs since that has been determined to be the only safe way to enter the upper level of ImageWorks.

RSoxNo1

With regards to Imagination, I would guess that most of the time and money is being spent on removing a couple of the glass triangles and buying a crapload of jet packs since that has been determined to be the only safe way to enter the upper level of ImageWorks.
Or ya know... walk up the stairs.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Or ya know... walk up the stairs.

Too dangerous. When the place bursts into flames and we are all jostling for position on the stairs and the non-functional, incredibly dangerous elevator sits in a stationary position between floors, you'll realize jet pack is the only way to go. First, the motivation provided by a jet pack that is about to explode will hasten the mass exodus making everyone safer. Second, jet packs meet the fire code with minimal updating required on TDOs part. Third, jet packs provide a much needed burst of excitement to EPCOT so that when you google "EPCOT is...." lame and boring will be replaced with super exciting and awesome!

Kman101

While not major issues in the grand scheme of things, they really do need to do something about Universe of Energy and Imagination. Re-dos of those really would go a very long way.

NelsonRD

Ok, I am prepared to open myself up to all the attacks and ask, what is so wrong with the current imagination pavilion? And please, do not include the words, 'too short', or ‘not as good as the original', as the defense.

As a child from the 80s, I can tell you I remember the original imagination vividly, and also remember how frightening the literature room scenes were to me, and it breaking down on us all the time. As an adult now with 2 small children, we enjoy the imagination ride.

I also remember the image works. While it is missed, it is not a 'vacation ruined!' moment. There are other areas of Epcot that should be address well before Imagination in my opinion. Who else agrees?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ok, I am prepared to open myself up to all the attacks and ask, what is so wrong with the current imagination pavilion? And please, do not include the words, 'too short', or ‘not as good as the original', as the defense.

As a child from the 80s, I can tell you I remember the original imagination vividly, and also remember how frightening the literature room scenes were to me, and it breaking down on us all the time. As an adult now with 2 small children, we enjoy the imagination ride.

I also remember the image works. While it is missed, it is not a 'vacation ruined!' moment. There are other areas of Epcot that should be address well before Imagination in my opinion. Who else agrees?

I could probably name a 1000 individual things that if removed would not be a 'vacation ruined' moment, but if you start removing too many of these things you start loosing what makes Disney great.

NelsonRD

I could probably name a 1000 individual things that if removed would not be a 'vacation ruined' moment, but if you start removing too many of these things you start loosing what makes Disney great.

So are you suggesting that the ride isn't as terrible as some on this forum claim, and that all discussions about the Imagination Pavilion should focus on restoring the missing Image Works? I would have an interest in seeing the Image Works return, but I still defend the current ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom