The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 10 Immunity Challenge
Critiques

@Flippin'Flounder

Good project Flippin'! But... How in your right mind did you think that Tangled fits in Adventureland. Honestly, the theme just doesn't work AT ALL! While I agree that the park needs some good, high capacity Fantasyland-style dark rides, you just went about it in all the wrong ways. As for the ride... Very lazy. It's basically a re-telling of Tangled. Which I think could lend itself well to a dark ride that has more than 4 scenes. How do you think that 4 scenes (including one very short one) would be enough to tell the whole story of Tangled. Especially without the space constraints that rides like Peter Pan face, being landlocked and sandwiched inside a shared show building with 2 other attractions. Plus, what would happen to the current tangled bathrooms? I'd say this would be a great addition near those bathrooms, but not in Adventureland and not in the way that you did it.

@DSquared

Great project DSquared! Honestly, you tapped into the under-utilitized Pirate market very well. With all of the catering to Princessess, the would be a VERY welcome addition to Magic Kingdom. However, I feel like your ride was a little too similar to Pirates of the Caribbean. Plus, I feel with a Pirate themed mini land and Pirates of the Caribbean right next door, the themes would conflict just a little to much. Plus, I feel like you could have gone into TONS of more detail. I'd say this is your biggest weakness. Working on diving into your projects. The ideas are there, but your execution always falls short because of the lack of detail. Overall, good work!

@TheOriginalTiki

Ratatouille is probably one of the worst IPs possible for Adventureland. :p But, I'm not really going to blame you for that, as it wasn't up to you. But, I like the idea of a rat colony. But: the whole "shared universe idea" makes me cringe to be honest. I honestly believe that it only works for some cased (i.e. Marvel). Sometimes, the IPs just conflict to much in both artistic styles and storytelling to be in the same universe. Maybe Disney Princesses can share a universe, but not ALL of Disney. But, I feel that you tried to incorporate Ratatouille to the least event as possible. Yes, you had the restaurant and the ride, but I feel like the land itself was an attempt to detach itself from Ratatouille. I think you played it safe. I would have liked to see you take a risk and just go with the Rat vacation area as a theme and branch the story/world of Ratatouille from there. Also, I really didn't understand the whole connection to Zootopia. Anyways, good project!

@Matt7187

Great project Matt! Now... I'd say you made a good choice in using Tarazan. It's one of Adventureland's most under-utilitized IPs, while fitting perfectly with the theme of Adventureland. My one concern: space. It seems you based the location of the "green area" on the park map. That can be EXTREMELY deceiving, however. Most times, this area that is supposed to be full of trees is actually essential backstage area and the space is much smaller than it seems. For example, the maps often show simply facades (i.e. the Crystal Palace on your map). However, the Crystal Palace show building actually extends far back. In addition, the Jungle Cruise boat storage building takes up a large piece of land as well. In the end, the piece of open land with nothing on it currently is actually only about a fifth of the size that you circled on the map. Plus, more detail would have been preferred.

@IDInstitute

Overall, fantastic project IDI! And wow! I'd say your presentation style was OUTSTANDING! The way you described the land informed me as to what it would include, but also kept me interested. It truly was a VERY unique way to present your land. My one concern is the name. Volcano Cove is VERY similar to Universal's new water park Volcano Bay. There was even one time in your presentation where you called your land Volcano Bay. :p Plus, while it was a Pirates themed land, there was PLENTY of things that made this land different than POTC's theme.​

RMichael21

Original Poster

RMichael21

Original Poster

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 11
Down to the Wire

Welcome to the second to last episode of The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island!

disneyland-railroad-06.jpg

For this episode, our four remaining castaways will be battling for a shot to appear at the Final Imagineer's Council in the last episode of this landmark season of The Sole Imagineer.

This episode with consist of:
- The Final Reward Challenge
- The Final Immunity Challenge
- Imagineer's Council​

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 11 Reward Challenge
Redemption for Rides

Welcome to the final Reward Challenge of The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island...

ktpbk_1956_n33b.jpg

In the spirit of this season's redemption theme, out castaways are not the only ones receiving a shot at redemption!

For this reward challenge, @IDInstitute, @TheOriginalTiki, @DSquared and @Flippin'Flounder will be tasked with reviving an old attraction at Disneyland. You must pick 1 ride to give redemption and place it somewhere in the park. It can be anywhere. The only requirement is that your chosen attraction must have closed before April 3rd, 2006, meaning it must have been closed for ten or more years.

Episode 11 Reward Challenge is due Wednesday, April 6th at 7:00 PM EST. You may use no more than 15 images and must have at least 15 sentences. The winner of this challenge will receive an advantage in the final immunity challenge.

Imagineers Ready? GO!

DinoInstitute

Are we allowed to change the ride a bit, or is it an exact revival?
Going off of this, I'm wondering (just to get a better sense of what we are tasked to do), is this challenge more about which attraction we choose and how we implement it(like the realism and decision making stuff), or is it about what we do to the attraction (like upgrades)?

RMichael21

Original Poster
Are we allowed to change the ride a bit, or is it an exact revival?
Yes, you may and should make changes to the As long as the basic story and theme are retained, then that's two thumbs up from me. I want you too keep the spirit of the attraction, however, if that makes any sense.
Going off of this, I'm wondering (just to get a better sense of what we are tasked to do), is this challenge more about which attraction we choose and how we implement it(like the realism and decision making stuff), or is it about what we do to the attraction (like upgrades)?
Both. I want the attraction that you pick to make sense and fit in with where you put it, and I want your changes to be realistic as well.

Flippin'Flounder

The Skyway
This week we were tasked to bring back a lost attraction from Disneyland Park. I chose the beloved Skyway, but this new edition will be much more than transportation, and will have show scenes like the Peoplemover and Disneyland Railroad. It will also have different show scenes depending on the direction you go, so it's worth it to go twice. The new Skyway will use the original round buckets from 1956, as well as the same track.

skywayfant_nelson1959b.jpg

Skyway to Tomorrowland
The Skyway Station in Fantasyland will be designed like the dwarfs cottage, from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The queue will be outside, with only load and the show scenes on the interior. There are a total of three show scenes on the skyway, one at each station, and one inside the Matterhorn. The one in the Fantasyland station will be of Snow White, singing Someday My Prince Will Come to the seven dwarfs. Inside the Matterhorn would be the scene from Frozen where Anna, Kristoff, and Sven first meet Olaf. "Hi everyone, I'm Olaf, and I like warm hugs" "Olaf, that's right, Olaf!" would play on loop in this scene. The final scene inside the Skyway Station in Tomorrowland would be themed to Buzz Lightyear. In it, Buzz Lightyear and Zurg would be shooting at each other, with Buzz saying things like, "You aren't going to get away with this Zurg!" or "Surender now!". That will be the end of your journey on the Skyway, as you enter Tomorrowland.

1184136_1361628309987_full.jpg

Skyway to Fantasyland
This direction on the skyway will appeal to older audiences, that don't want Disney characters thrown in their faces. The station will be a futuristic looking building, similar to Space Mountain in architecture. The first show scene will be a party hosted by Sonny Eclipse from Cosmic Rays. To your left you see Sonny, and on your right is a multitude of aliens, being projected as holograms. The scene inside the Matterhorn will have the Abominable Snowman, reaching to take out your car, like the Yeti on Expedition Everest. The final scene is themed to Cinderella, where she sings A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes. After that your journey on the Skyway ends, and you arrive in Fantasyland.

Disneyland-Abominable-Snowman-Matterhorn-Bobsleds.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom