The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island

Matt7187

Regretably, I will not have a submission for this round. I have had a lot of stuff pop up in my personal life and had no time to devote to this. If this is the end of the road for me in this comp, so be it, it's my fault. But I would like to make it clear that I would be back and better than ever next round, I am not dropping out.

DinoInstitute

Episode...7(? :p) Immunity Challenge
@IDInstitute's Submission- The Seas of Nature Pavilion

Coming soon to Epcot's Future World will be a much needed refurbishment. Removing all references to Nemo will just be a part of it, as she current 'Seas' pavilion will be completely re-imagined to bring back what made the original Living Seas pavilion so magical. With a little nostalgia and a little modern whimsy, I present to you...The Seas of Nature Pavilion!

living_seas1.jpg

it would help if you like kinda mentally insert 'the seas of nature' for where those other words are

This pavilion's mission will be the same as the original iteration- a trip down to the bottom of the sea to see some of the most beautiful and amazing landscapes and animals nature has to offer. However, this time, there's a brand new story. The main attraction will reunite SeaBase Alpha after a long time of being ended, but this time with a new mission. We are speaking a long time into the future here...Hey, it's future world after all though! The evil enemy company is trying to basically destroy this one, natural part of the sea that SeaBase alpha used to observe and be located in. They want to drill for oil here, mine lots of rare and precious rocks, and place all sorts of concrete footers all over the area to construct on top. Your mission? You have to travel deep undersea, down with the animals, and travel to the undersea base of this enemy company and convince them to STOP WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!!...by showing them all the beauty the sea has to offer! (Spoiler alert:) You do it! The animatronic lead company owner guy, Dr. Ben Acaraba, is pretty sentimental deep down it turns out, and instead he invests all of the money from his destroy the sea company into SeaBase alpha to create a new nature center.

This is where you go when you finish the ride and exit. That current big building turns into the Acaraba Institute for Sea Preservation and Research, presented by SeaBase Alpha.
delaney_seas.jpg

You and in an underwater observatory of sorts. Look around at the different aquariums and tanks ("windows into the ocean"), with neat little tidbits of info all around. The current Turtle Talk with Crush area will turn into a 4D show where you get to undergo an intense simulation of an undersea SeaCab trip to the dangerous and unknown, while watching live feed of good ole Dr. Ben on a risky trip! The TTwC tech can be implemented somewhere else in the park, like maybe an Inside Out thing in Imagination/WoL. Lastly, the Coral Reef restaurant will remain unchanged

All in all, changing the Seas with Nemo and Friends to a brand new pavilion actually about the Sea is a great move for Epcot, as it brings back the classic edutainment feel. The Seas of Nature is unique in its own ways, more than simply a rehash of the Living Seas like so many on here simply want- instead, it takes the fine and nostalgic aspects of the LS and brings them back in a fresh and creative way. Again, I know it may be a small and not-so-flashy project, but nevertheless, I hope my ideas and core concept are what stay with you coming away from this to consider me for a win ;) :p Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

RMichael21

Original Poster
Regretably, I will not have a submission for this round. I have had a lot of stuff pop up in my personal life and had no time to devote to this. If this is the end of the road for me in this comp, so be it, it's my fault. But I would like to make it clear that I would be back and better than ever next round, I am not dropping out.
I, unfortunately, most likely will not be able to submit either. It's possible that I'll get something up, but not very likely. As with Matt, I'll still be in the competition, I just can't submit today.
I understand that life gets in the way, but I've noticed in competitions that once someone doesn't submit once, then it snowballs into a whole thing of inactivity. It's for that reason... I'm introducing a new twist, or a consequence, per se... ;) Don't worry you two, it won't affect you this episode, but for the remaining month or so of the game, this will be in effect.

New Rule

In this twist for the rest of the game, if a castaway does not submit, they will be sent to Exile Island. If you are sent to Exile Island, than you will not be eligible for the Project Veto the following episode and may not participate in absolutely any strategy until the next immunity challenge has been posted. (Also, your vote being cast against yourself is still in play here). This means no posting in ANY strategy PMs between the end of the current Immunity Challenge, throughout the vote and following Redemption Duel and to the beginning of the next immunity challenge.

While some may not find this "fair" you can very easily avoid this by just posting anything that's more than 5 sentences. Even just a basic idea is better than nothing, and you avoid this new twist.

And you think that's all? More twists are still to come... ;)

Flippin'Flounder

I understand that life gets in the way, but I've noticed in competitions that once someone doesn't submit once, then it snowballs into a whole thing of inactivity. It's for that reason... I'm introducing a new twist, or a consequence, per se... ;) Don't worry you two, it won't affect you this episode, but for the remaining month or so of the game, this will be in effect.

New Rule

In this twist for the rest of the game, if a castaway does not submit, they will be sent to Exile Island. If you are sent to Exile Island, than you will not be eligible for the Project Veto the following episode and may not participate in absolutely any strategy until the next immunity challenge has been posted. (Also, your vote being cast against yourself is still in play here). This means no posting in ANY strategy PMs between the end of the current Immunity Challenge, throughout the vote and following Redemption Duel and to the beginning of the next immunity challenge.

While some may not find this "fair" you can very easily avoid this by just posting anything that's more than 5 sentences. Even just a basic idea is better than nothing, and you avoid this new twist.

And you think that's all? More twists are still to come... ;)
I think that's actually great. I ended up having way less work than I thought at the time, so I should be able to submit something.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Episode 7 Immunity Challenge: See Ya to the Seas
A Presentation by MonorailRed

The Living Seas Pavillion
lsp220129LARGE.jpg

Resorted to it's original name in 2019, The Seas with Nemo and Friends was closed down in fall 2016 to make way for a new take on EPCOT's classic pavilion: The Living Seas. This Pavillion is meant to spark nostalgia, discovery, dreams, and showcase futuristic technologies to discover the waters of the world.

Gone is the Nemo and friends mural which is now replaced with a futuristic, white mural based on the waters of the deep.

Guests enter the pavilion though a new and inventive way: Glass "bubble" Elevator/Omnimover technology that takes guests up to the roof of the pavilion. The roof is now totally redesigned to look like a platform at sea, a entrance area for guests to tour Seabase Alpha and the depths of the big blue world.
SkyView-02-600x449.jpg

The roof also features the ride track of a brand new Coaster E-Ticket featured at the Living Seas Pavilion titled The Submarine Volcano, which is launched inverted roller coaster hybrid coaster. As of now, it officially topped the the Millennium Force in length, being the #3 coaster in North America.

Guests can travel to Seasbase Alpha by traveling down the now, expanded, totally open, main tank. A underwater space needle has been added to submerges guests under the "great depths of the ocean" - This dramatic entrance into The Living Seas should be the talk guests have about their trip to EPCOT for the next decade.

SpaceSpiral2.jpg

Seabase Alpha consists of several interactive exhibits on futuristic technologies to discover the deep. It also features a brand new Sealife conservation show. Explore the wonders of the ocean in The Blue Depths exhibit.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-04%20at%2012.54.58%20PM_zpsjwgkppkm.png

We hope you enjoyed your time at the new Living Seas Pavilion.

DSquared

Episode 7 Immunity Challenge:

th

Epcot needs a way to draw in more visitors, but still keep it's educational mission (ie. not Frozen). To do this, the park should add a popular IP that can combine both education and the fun of the world created in the movies. Here is Jumba's Sea Lab 7 With Lilo and Stitch:

Drawing(4).png

1. After studying the Hawaiian islands, Jumba decides to study the oceans of the world. As he tries to hide his experiments from galactic agencies, Lilo and Stitch tag along to invite you to see what Jumba's been up to.
Since there is a huge tank in the pavilion, the walls/size of the pavilion cannot be changed too much. Here is a map of the current state of the pavilion just to base off of:

LIVINGSEAS_LOTO.jpg

So, first off let's start with what is now Turtle Talk with Crush. This technology in the attraction allows viewers to talk to the character on the screen. But doing this with Nemo characters appeals too much to younger audiences. So this will be replaced with Stitch Encounter, which is a very popular attraction used in other Disney parks around the world. In this, guests get to talk to Stitch and ask him questions about almost anything, with sections dedicated to oceanography and marine biology

th

Next up, The Coral Reef will retain it's name and menu, but it will be slightly rethemed to have aliens and some of Jumba's experiments littered throughout .

Jumba_in_lio_and_stitch_2.jpg

Finally, the main attraction:

Jumba's Deep Sea Dash will be a retheme of the current main attraction.

The queue will be themed to Jumba's lab. There, Jumba alerts guests that the United Galactic Federation is after them and the research that Jumba is collecting to cross breed new alien species. Guests then climb into Jumba's Escpae pods and attempt to escape the lab. The guests then have to plunge into the ocean to get away from the Federation. On the way, Stitch escapes and the guests must find him while learning about the sea life in the tank. The ride ends when you find Stitch.

So... that's it! Hope you enjoyed!

Flippin'Flounder

The Disney Seas
The Seas with Nemo and Friends will be undergoing a massive refurbishment into The Disney Seas. The major addition The Disney Seas would bring is Captain Nemo's Undersea Journey. This would take the place of the old Seas with Nemo and Friends dark ride. The ride vehicle for Captain Nemo's Undersea Voyage would be similar to the old seacabs, but would now look like mini submarines, and also no longer be an omnimover. The ride would start off as a similar experience to the original Living Seas attraction, narrated by Captain Nemo himself, but halfway through, your subs would be attacked by (surprise) a giant squid! Using evasive maneuvers, you steer your subs away from the squid, and end your journey unscathed.

Replacing Turtle Talk with Crush will be a M&G with Moana and Maui from Disney's new animated film, Moana. This will not be a normal M&G though, instead, it will be similar to Enchanted Tales with Belle, where know kids will be able to take part in acting out the story from the film.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends will be closing in January 2017, and is expected to reopen by Summer 2018.

spacemt354

Chili's
The Ocean Pavilion
Presented by United Technologies

Introduction

Re-opening in 2021 to celebrate Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary, The Ocean Pavilion will be the third itineration of the aquatic pavilion at Epcot that opened its original doors in 1986. Transcending from the thematic inclusion of Nemo and Friends, the new pavilion seeks to merge the sense of discovery and adventure that the original Living Seas possessed, and couple it with a distinct flare. Given the recent release of the Disney film Captain Nemo in the late 2010s, going into the new decade, Jules Verne’s 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea emerged as a popular Disney brand once again. While the original attraction at the Magic Kingdom could not be replicated, the story could continue on in a different direction. Much like Horizons was intended to be a sequel to the Carousel of Progress, The Ocean Pavilion will be a sequel to the 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea attraction, by venturing towards the depths of our world’s oceans to explore the unknown.

The Ocean Pavilion Layout
25361583211_187f2d7f72_k.jpg

The blueprint above outlines the façade of the Ocean Pavilion. Remaining structurally the same as before, only interior elements of the pavilion will be adjusted to fit the new story.

As guests walk through the main entrance they will queue for the omnimover dark ride “Ocean Oasis” – a breathtaking visual attraction as you launch from a sunken ship and voyage down to the lowest points in the known ocean to uncover the mysteries of the deep. Once the attraction concludes, you journey towards the oceanic research facility structured in a futuristic setting to illustrate the advancements in aquatic animal research, deep sea exploration, and the uncharted territories of our oceans.

Guests can also dine in our nautically themed restaurant replacing the Coral Reef entitled The Nautilus, themed and named after Captain Nemo’s submarine. Observe the serenity of fish swimming around in the tank to your side, as you take in the ambiance of this elegant Future World restaurant.

Entrance Mural

Replacing the Finding Nemo themed mural on the side of the pavilion as you queue for Ocean Oasis will be a large scale illustration of one of the famous scenes of the giant squid attacking the Nautilus amid the depths of the ocean. A foreboding sight for what’s to come, but one that also entices the guests to find out more about what lies within…

Ocean Oasis
This slow moving dark ride takes you on a voyage to the depths of our oceans, exploring the mysteries and excitement within

Interactive Queue

As you enter through the Stand-By or Fastpass+ Queue, you are immediately immersed in the story of the pavilion.

Utilizing futuristic technology that allows scientists and adventurers alike to travel to the darkest depths of the ocean, a scientific exploration camp has been built in a sunken ship buried in the Abyssopelagic Zone – roughly 6,000 m below sea level in the Pacific Ocean. The missions have been traveling to the Hadalpelagic Zone and beyond, to discover the unknown of the ocean as well as help preserve the beauty of our underwater treasures.

Walking through the sunken ship you see the stunning visual of the ocean glistening over you. You enter the ship’s algae eroded library and several interactive elements allow guests to be entertained by touching the books, and gazing out at projection fish through the windows. Guests with a sharp eye will notice, hidden in the library, is a novel entitled “The Society of Explorers and Adventurers”

You then travel through the captain’s quarters, and towards the loading area.

Loading Area

You approach the ship’s main lobby where your pods await to venture to the depths of the ocean. On the walls you see murals and illustrations indicating a possible heritage of the sunken ship. The ride vehicles are themed to oceanic rover pods that are capable of withstanding the immense pressure of the ocean floor. Guests approach the walkway towards the vehicles as the lap bar comes down and you leave the ship to explore the ocean.

Your tour through the ocean depths is narrated by Jeremy Irons.

Scene 1 – Light to Dark

Your pods are surrounded by projected screens that mimic a descent to lower levels of the ocean as you see sunlight glistening from above and descend into further darkness.

Narrator: “An ocean of knowledge and discover lies under the tempest crests of waves that sway around the earth. Our watery planet holds vast treasures of discovery and imagination that have intrigued man since the beginning of time.

Existing for four and a half billion years, the oceans have shaped the world, raising and lowering mountains, and creating a sediment below the waves of a geological record of time on earth. As we dive down deeper into the ocean, we hope to find a new alien world, teeming with discovery and opportunity.”

Scene 2 – Coral

On your descent, you level out temporarily to interact with a variety of audio animatronic sea creatures in a coral reef setting.

Narrator: “Amid the ever expansive world under our ocean, we encounter creatures of the deep in their natural habitat, adapting to the pressure changes and alien ecosystem of their environment”

Scene 3 – Angler Fish

As you descend, pressures rise, and the lights dim, revealing the angler fish

Narrator: “In the aphotic zone of the ocean, we are approaching blackness, lost from the known world, and on a voyage into the unknown. Species such as the angler fish have genetically adapted to the dim light with the accessibility of light to guide them around in their exploration.

Scene 4 –Blue Whale

A loud bellow can be heard, almost as if a submarine was approaching, but out of the watery image you can see your pods near a cliff of seaweed and coral as a giant animatronic whale beckons from the distance.

Narrator: “A giant of the sea, the Blue Whale is a symbol of the mighty ocean. These mammals breed our imagination to discover what other immense creatures does the deep dark ocean inhabit?

Scene 5 – Giant Squid

Red tentacles flow out from the dark shadows of the water and it is then reveals to be a giant squid animatronic, similar to the squid in 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.

Narrator: “These mesmerizing yet terrifying creatures, giant squid inhabit the most exotic and alien worlds of the ocean.”

Scene 6 – The Ocean Floor

Your pods enter pitch black and after a brief narration, all is silent as you gaze out on the lunar ocean floor surface

Narrator: Approaching the bottom of the ocean floor, you look out at the landscape. The dark, cold, pressurized land…yet with all of its ailments, there is still life, finding a way and adapting to the pressure and silence of the sea.

Scene 7/8 – The Ocean Oasis

You emerge from the ocean floor and begin to rise to a more light sensitive area and see a colorful array of fish and aquatic plants teeming in the distance

Narrator: “Out of the depths, there are areas that we still need to learn. Need to research and enthrall ourselves with the majesty that lives under the ocean. This is a populous world, and its our job into the future in order to do as much as we can to preserve and protect this beautiful ecosystem.”

Scene 9 – Hydrulators

As you begin to ascend even further, a subtle nod to the original pavilion is performed as bubbles surround your pods and demonstrate the “hydrulator” effect, this time ascending to the Oceanic Laboratory.

Narrator: After exploring the sea, voyaging into the unknown, and coming to terms with the true nature of the ocean, it’s our opportunity to bridge the gap heading into the future, and help protect, our ocean oasis

Your pods proceed to the unload area which is connected to the Oceanic Laboratory.

Oceanic Laboratory

The interactive post show area, formally known as Sea Base Alpha, has been redesigned to resemble a futuristic marine laboratory. As you walk in you see dive tanks taking scuba divers into the large aquarium tank inside the pavilion, and interactive exhibits including a show called “Pacific” which elaborates on the eclectic species that populate our largest ocean.

Exhibits

Most of the animal shelter exhibits will remain relatively the same, because in any sort of realistic refurbishment to the pavilion, the animal habitats wouldn’t be tampered with or removed, rather the thematic elements around them would.

With that said, the Manatee exhibit, the Dolphin show, and the exotic coral reef stations will remain in place, only given an overlay of being a futuristic research laboratory instead of based on Finding Nemo themes.

Pacific Interactive Theater Show

This family friendly interactive show explores the nature of the creatures of the deep Pacific. Follow your guide, Donny Dolphin, a futuristic talking dolphin, as he shows you the ocean and interacts with you in the process. This show creates an atmosphere where guests feel as if they are part of the story and are able to have input into how the attraction plays out. Check your times guide for details.

The Nautilus

The nautically themed restaurant based on Captain Nemo’s submarine The Nautilus, serves lunch and dinner daily in a relaxing, quaint setting, replacing the Coral Reef restaurant and updating the menu to offer a more eclectic sampling of fish including swordfish, oysters, clams, and more!

The Nautilus - Captain's Quarters

For special occasions, dine in the exclusive Captain Quarters, themed to Captain Nemo's dining room on the submarine as seen in the film. Euqipped with a wide variety of props and thematic backdrops that make you feel like you are truly 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, be sure to check this out!

Conclusion
WIth The Land Pavilion next door, and the west side of Future World putting more of an emphasis on exploring and aesthetically beautiful locations, the Ocean Pavilion is the perfect match of Epcot futurism as well as the sense of adventure the current iteration of the pavilion is lacking. It will put the pavilion back on the map in a way never before seen! Thanks for reading and we'll see you soon!​

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

TheOriginalTiki Presents
S.E.A. Base Delta: A Brand New "Living Seas"

SEA.preview.jpg

Oh yea, that's right. Time to go back to the well of a favorite theme of Disney Parks in recent years between @JokersWild and myself...The Society of Explorers and Adventures, better known as "S.E.A."

Future World relies on the concept of exploration and discovery, so this would be a perfect resting point for the Society especially if one of their bases were underwater within the famed "Living Seas" of Epcot. This is where S.E.A. Base Delta comes into play. Last year during The Creator Games I did a similar project where I had the members of S.E.A. meeting up in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion for a new "Science and Technologies" pavilion which would feature rides themed around the likes of Harrison Hightower and the narrating scientist from Adventures Thru Inner Space.

While I'm very proud of that project, I want to phase it out of everyone's heads as what I'm doing with The Living Seas will be very different from the concepts presented there, and instead focus on a new proposal for the society to go into a pavilion that I think they're better suited for in the first place.

Exterior Changes

The tidal wave rock work featured out front of The Living Seas will be largely expanded upon to create an impressive small mountain of tidal rocks with waves crashing through them as you approach the entrance to the pavilion. You can see a glass dome poking out from a research station as you enter, but for the most part this newly expanded rock work serves as vast majority of the new Seas exterior and surrounds visitors from both sides as they get closer and closer to the entrance.

Pre-Show

The Hydrolators will be making a return and will be directly tied into the SEA mythology. The Hyrdolaters will come from the mind of one Jason Chandler, a character created for Big Thunder Mountain who was a famed miner and inventor during the Big Thunder era of the gold rush. After having experienced a cave-in, Chandler was devoted to coming up with conveyor systems to get miners safely down into the shafts.

Captain Nemo and Lord Henry Mystic contacted Chandler for the important job of safely transporting people undersea to their "Delta" sea labs at Epcot. Through that, the Hydrolater system was born! An AA of Chandler will be present in the lobby explaining the function of the Hydrolators and the general safety instructions.

th
Also in the lobby will be statues of Lord Henry Mystic, Harrison Hightower III, Barnibus T Bullion, and Captain Mary Occeaner lining the four corners of the room. Their faces will come to life and interact with Chandler telling a captivating story of how S.E.A. found themselves...ahem...under the sea...

Due to a unique anomaly in the temperatures of The Living Seas and the climate of the surrounding areas, the scientists at S.E.A including renowned explorer and genius Captain Nemo concluded that species of sea life from different climates could all co-exist and be studied here.

This is the main layout of the new S.E.A. Pavilion, and the thesis statement. There will be four main "tanks" and areas that will each house fish from different unique areas of the world. The four areas will be.

-San Francisco Bay
-The Gulf Coast
-The Great Barrier Reef
-The Frozen North​

These four areas will give the attraction a flowing structure to it and beef up the variety of sea creatures you see.
Each area will be hosted by a founding member of S.E.A, and the entirely of the Sea Base Delta complex will be constructed by Captain Nemo and will have nods and easter eggs to his previous adventures, include the time he took his famed Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Guests are let into the Hydrolators and are treated to a 21st century of the famous "decending to the depths of the ocean" effect that's impressive enough to rival the elevators descending down into the bank vaults during Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.

The Omnimover ride will be permanently disbanded in order to make room for the new exhibits, and the overall interior of the Seas will be almost entirely gutted and restructured to fit with the format of the four different seas you'll be exploring.

San Francisco Bay
The main focus here will be a HUGE tank with Sea Lions on a rock floating in about 20 feet of water. They can jump down into the tanks to give guests a close up view! In addition to the sea lion tank there will be smaller tanks showcasing local fish from around the Bay Area.

San_Francisco_11.jpg

Harrison Hightower will play host to this section of the pavilion. Artifacts collected during his multiple expeditions will line the walls and shelves between the massive seal tank. Be sure not to stare too long at a particular Tiki perched on an obscure side wall...

ACF221.jpg

The Great Barrier Reef

This famous section of Australia, home to the characters of Finding Nemo will provide a perfect whimsical side to the pavilion for Lord Henry Mystic and his faithful monkey companion Albert to host...
w765.4a1e4_r16-9_020be6976b976a3a97aa8f3e3840473b.jpg

Sea Turtles, clown fish, and a host of other sea creatures from the classic Pixar film will be present. The only subtle nod to the film is simply in the selection of the fish. There will be no actual references to Nemo or cardboard cut outs of Crush throughout the pavilion. An AA of Albert who is swinging through the halls overhead on ropes can be seen for sharp eyed guests who look up at certain spots.

The Gulf Coast

Mary Occeaner will play host to the Gulf Coast side of the attraction which will be a small transitional area between the San Francisco Bay and the Frozen North (which both feature tanks containing large mamals) Many of the original fish from The Living Seas will play host here as they are native to Florida, which is essentially what this section is themed after.

The Frozen North

Finally we arrive at the arctic side of the seas, hosted by Barnibus T. Bulleon (who retreated from Thunder Mountain to work in colder climates after suffering from a severe heat stroke!)

The largest tank in the entire attraction will be featured here, a massive enclosure that features two polar bears and a flock of penguins. The different animals will be isolated from each other using the same basic strategic natural blockades the Imagineers implemented for Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Guests can gaze up at the polar bears climbing on the rocks, only to see the bears dive into the tank where the're be right up close and personal with the guests, divided only by a very thick layer of glass. The penguins are off to the side and can also dive into the water on their own side of the tank giving guests an up close look at their undersea swimming abilities.

This will be a gigantic tank and will also feature a set of bleachers for guests wishing to observe. It is sure to be an exciting focal point of the new Living Seas!

Nautilus

One of the most popular theme park dining experiences of all time is getting an extreme makeover! The Coral Reef will be transformed into an elegant dining room set aboard Captain Nemo's Nautilus, which is docked just outside of S.E.A. Base Delta. Here guests will get fantastic views from the tanks of the Great Barrier Reef and also a themed dining room that surrounds you with little details and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea history.

8046d1327938840-four-row-nautilus-pipe-organ.jpg

Last edited:

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 7 Immunity Challenge
Critiques

@IDInstitute
Great project IDI! Let's pick your proposal apart! I loved your balance of old and new when it comes to the return of the Sea Base Alpha theme. I find the base idea fantastic, but adding a new backstory keeps things fresh, so well done in that respect. The backstory was great as well, but I feel like the whole "oil driller must be stopped" story has been used to death at this point (not just on these boards, but in general). However, you really didn't have all that much detail in your proposal, so there really isn't that much to grade. I would have liked to see details on the actual attraction, as you never really mentioned it that much. Overall, great base, but the lack of detail could be enough to make you lose this challenge.

@MonorailRed
Fantastic proposal Red! I liked the way of getting into the building, but that may be a slight issue with capacity. In addition, I'm not sure how I feel about having all of those rides on top of the building, especially the coaster. I feel like they would really break the theme. As for the theme, you really didn't have one... I would have liked to see you focus on the story first, as the attractions/experiences would have come naturally after that. It seems as if you were focused on the attractions, and the theme/story kind of got put to the side. Also, I wish you would have done more with the inside of the building, you really only focused on the outside, with only a sentence or two saying what would replace everything on the outside.

@DSquared
Great concept DS! Let's pick apart your proposal. Honestly, I'd say that Lilo and Stitch is by far THE WORST IP you could have chosen. While it makes sense to use an IP to draw crowds, how the heck does Lilo and Stitch fit into Future World? That's right, not at all. I'd say you just looked at the Seas area and decided to replace nemo with another sea centered IP. I mean, just because a quarter of Lilo and Stitch takes place in space, that makes it okay for Future World, right? The entire point of this project was to get rid of Nemo, because it fits so HORRIBLY in Future World. However, to be honest, I'm pretty sure Lilo and Stitch is even worse than Nemo. Now, let me be honest. Lilo and Stitch's themes in this attraction conflict to the point where I'm not sure what this attraction is trying to be. Is it a calm, Hawaiian themed dark ride or is it a futuristic themed attraction? You chose futuristic themed, but to be honest, most people know Lilo and Stitch from it's Hawaiian setting, therefore leaving people disappointed. I know this all sounds harsh, but I feel like it had to be said.

@Flippin'Flounder
Thanks for submitting Flippin! I appreciate you trying your best to hand in a project even though you were busy! Like IDI, I loved all of your ideas, but more detail would have been greatly appreciated. However, why did you use two different IPs? Captain Nemo being used was alright, but why throw in Moana? Horrible choice of IP there, to be honest, how is it futuristic?

@spacemt354
Fantastic proposal space! Let's pick it apart! As usual, great art this week! That's always one of the best parts about your projects. One thing that I wasn't a fan of was the mural on the outside of the pavilion. I would have loved to see you play with more steam punk themes on the facade, instead of just a mural. I feel like you were holding back with this IP, in fear that the steam punk would become to much or overwhelming. However, I feel like a steam punk themed/Captain Nemo/20K Leagues land would be fantastic for future world, while still being unique at the same time. While I appreciate you trying to stick to the sea theme, I would have loved to see you take a risk and go all out with the steam punk and jules verne theming. I mean, it works perfectly at Disney SEA! Had you done that, you would have pertained to the Sea theme, while also taking a risk! However, that's just my opinion. Also, (this is not just you, but more like a note for everyone), I would have loved to see everyone play with the ride system more, instead of keeping it an ominimover! Once again, your artwork is phenomenal, space! I love how much effort and detail you put into it. Moving on, I honestly feel like your ride is disconnected from what you're trying to go for with the pavilion thematically. You hardly use any 20K Leagues references at all! How amazing would a 20K Leagues ride be here! But instead, you chose the more generic sea exploration ride! Then, when you disembark the ride, the futuristic Oceanic lab is completely different from your theme of the pavilion. Also, the show is a little out of place as well. A talking dolphin? However, my favorite part of your proposal by far was the Nautilus! That's one of my favorite concepts from the season, to be honest. Had you stuck with this theme throughout the whole pavilion, I think that my decision on who won would be easy! Honestly, in general, I feel like your pavilion is having a bit of an identity crisis. Is it a Jules Verne/Steampunk/20K Leagues pavilion, is it a generic sea exploration pavilion or is it a futuristic sea lab kind of setting? I feel like you put your hand in to many cookie jars for this challenge. I appreciate your effort to try and cater to everyone's likes and dislikes, but I would have preferred to see you go all out with one of the three concepts above. However, your detail for what you did put down was great as usual and I was thoroughly impressed impressed with how much effort you put in this week!

@TheOriginalTiki
Great concept this week, Tiki! First of all, great idea and using S.E.A. It may be overdone to death, but I found that it fits pretty well in with future world. I loved how you committed to the theme, and included various details that you included that put your project on the next level, especially the easter eggs to various figures of explorers from multiple Disney attractions around the world. So props for that. Also, I LOVED the idea of having four different sections of the tank. It'll allow for some much needed variety of species in the tank and provide a really interesting experience. However, why the San Francisco Bay? I feel like it sticks out like a sore thumb. This is a sea themed pavilion after all. My favorite part of the attraction, was how you incorporated those explorers into the attraction. I found that idea, AMAZING! So, props! I also loved the Nautilus restaurant (pretty much the same thing as space's, but his had a little bit more detail). However, you never mentioned what you'll do with Turtle Talk with Crush or the post-show area of the attraction! Overall, fantastic job this week!​

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 7 Immunity Challenge
Results

This means that @TheOriginalTiki is safe from elimination this episode. In addition, @Matt7187 will not vote and his vote will be cast towards himself, as he did not submit a project. However, @TheOriginalTiki, @spacemt354, @IDInstitute @MonorailRed, @DSquared and @Flippin'Flounder will be voting.

You will have until 9:00 PM EST to vote!

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 7 Imagineer's Council
Results

@DSquared has played a project veto for @IDInstitute, which means that all votes for @IDInstitute will not count...

@IDInstitute - Does Not Count

1 Vote @spacemt354 and 1 Vote @Matt7187

@spacemt354

2 Votes @spacemt354 and 1 Vote @Matt7187

@Matt7187

2 Votes @Matt7187 and 2 Votes @spacemt354

@IDInstitute - Does Not Count

2 Votes @Matt7187 and 2 Votes @spacemt354 ... 1 Vote Left...

#Blindside

@spacemt354, the tribe has spoken... You will be sent to Redemption Island where you will receive your shot at redemption in the next episode...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom