The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island

spacemt354

Chili's
Thanks! :D

That's why I'm not all that fond with the whole murder mystery thing in SYWTBAI 13. It seems to focus more on the killing than the actual Imagineering.. I prefer straight up comps, nothing is more fair than "may the best Imagineer win".
I agree too!

I was sipping a glass of wine from dinner waiting for the results and I told myself I'm either going to continue to sip this wine in relief or chug it in aggravation.

Thankfully it was the former.:hilarious:

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 8 Twist
Extra Hours For The Extraordinary

Big_Ben_in_Peter_Pan.jpg

Now, Project Veto Challenges have often been brushed away by many competitors... Now the castaways who have submitted Project Vetoes at any point throughout this season will be receiving a little reward... That's why you should always pay attention to the smallest of details, as the smallest things can come back to bite you... ;)

@IDInstitute, @DSquared and @MonorailRed are the only people in the competition remaining who have submitted a concept in a Project Veto Challenge. @IDInstitute submitted 3 times, @MonorailRed has submitted 2 times and @DSquared has submitted once. Therefore, they will each get 3, 2 and 1 extra day(s) respectively to complete their projects... This means:

@IDInstitute will receive his project on Monday, March 7th, giving him four days to complete his project.
@MonorailRed will receive her project on Tuesday, March 8th, giving her three days to complete her project.
@DSquared will receive his project on Wednesday, March 9th, giving him two days to complete his project.
@TheOriginalTiki, @Matt7187 and @Flippin'Flounder will be given their projects Thursday, March 10th, giving them 1 day (24 hours) to complete their projects.

@IDInstitute, @MonorailRed and @DSquared will receive their projects in a private PM and will not be allowed to share the topic of the challenge. Then, the challenge will be posted in this thread on Thursday...

Imagineers Ready? GO! It's sure to be a twisty ride to the finish line... ;)

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 8 Project Veto Challenge
New Shows For Nala And Nemo

Welcome to the next Project Veto Challenge!

finding-nemo-the-musical-gallery00.jpg

For this challenge, our castaways are tasked with replacing either Finding Nemo: The Musical or Festival of the Lion King at Disney's Animal Kingdom! That's it, the rest is up to you! Be creative!

Episode 8 Project Veto Challenge is due Wednesday, March 9th at 9:30 PM EST! You may use no more than 10 sentences and 2 images. You will turn your concepts in to your designated Project Veto PM.

Imagineers Ready? GO!

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 8 Immunity Challenge
Rafiki's Deconstruction Watch

Conservation%20Station%2001.jpg

For this challenge, our castaways will be tasked with creating a replacement for Rafiki's Planet Watch! The only aspect of the current area that you must keep is the train transporting guests between Africa and the Planet Watch. You have to try and theme it well around what you add to the area. That's it! The rest is up to you!

Episode 8 Immunity Challenge is due Friday, March 11th at 7:00 PM EST. You may use no more than 15 images and must have at least 5 sentences.

Imagineers Ready? GO!

RMichael21

Original Poster
@RMichael21 I haven't really had any good opportunities to work on anything, so just to let you know, I likely won't be submitting. My apologies, maybe I'll get something out but if not I'll gladly take the penalties.
Alright, this means that you will not vote this round and cannot strategize until the next immunity challenge. But, if you even submit 5 sentences, this rule won't apply.

Matt7187

Rafiki's Deconstruction Watch

Conservation%20Station%2001.jpg

For this challenge, our castaways will be tasked with creating a replacement for Rafiki's Planet Watch! The only aspect of the current area that you must keep is the train transporting guests between Africa and the Planet Watch. You have to try and theme it well around what you add to the area. That's it! The rest is up to you!

Episode 8 Immunity Challenge is due Friday, March 11th at 7:00 PM EST. You may use no more than 15 images and must have at least 5 sentences.

Imagineers Ready? GO!
Can the train vehicle be changed to something else, or does it have to strictly be the same trains?

TheOriginalTiki

TheOriginalTiki Presents:
The Vanishing Prairie: An All New "Conservation Station"

Vanishing-Prairie.jpg

One area of Disney history I feel doesn't get covered nearly enough as it should are the original True Life Adventures documentary series. These films paved the way for grander and more elaborate documentaries in the future and crossed a major threshold in terms of giving the documentary genre at large an opening into mainstream popular culture.

Since the True Life Adventures were all mainly focused on animals and the habitats they inhabit, it makes complete sense to celebrate this series within the context of Animal Kingdom park. A problem area of Animal Kingdom from day one has been the Conservation Station...Simply put, I'm not entirely sure what the Imagineers wanted to do with the place, and as a result the theme comes off as a giant mish-mash.

cdadhball114.jpg

To replace Conservation Station I've decided to give a park the park a "natural habitat" it's not yet had before and something that could potentially change the entire landscape of the park. I've set my self on "The Vanishing Prairie", an iconic True Life Adventures that chronicles the dramatic existence of prairie animals where life as they know it is slowly eroding due to droughts.

The documentary was one of the most stirring and politically charged of the True Life Adventures, and would make for a perfect replacement for the conservation themes of the old Planet Watch attraction.

Of course the dramatic new change this brings to the park is an addition of an entirely new climate and region in the form of the prairies and deserts of the south west. Great care will be taken to ensure this is not a direct lift of any astetics from Frontierland. There will be no old west town, no runaway mine trains or srpawling rivers. This land will focus exclsuively on the themes and concepts related to nature.

The Wildlife Express will be expanded to provide a longer and somewhat more exciting ride including a trip through a canyon tunnel. The Grand Canyon will be a key reference point in the design of this new land, but it will by no means be any sort of recreation. Instead the titular "Vanishing Prarie" will be mostly within the valley of a canyon but will have a much more fantastical nature ot it to make it obvious that this isn't mean to just be "Grand Canyon: The Land".

The main attraction of The Vanishing Prairie will be the most widespread and elaborate animal walk through attraction in all of Animal Kingdom. The titular "Vanishing Prairie" walk through takes guests on a series of naturalistic trails up and down the canyon, through caves, past a small river, and more, along the way experiencing the sites of a large variety of desert animals including rattlesnakes, water buffalo, elks, rams, and cougars.

b41fa91284

A slow moving gondola ride will give guests a grand view over the entire "Vanishing Prarie" area and walkthrough. The "Prairie Air Expeditions" will board on the south most side of the "island" (which is technically still an island but entirely reconstructed to give the illusion of it being connected to parts of the main land...) The boarding area will be an old style winter lodge at the bottom of a snow covered mountain peak simulating the climatic winter segment of the documentary.

Guests will board gonolas and travel directly over the sprawling walkthrough attraction getting a perfect view of the largest on-foot animal area in the park. Everything from within the Vanishing Prarie will be realistically simulated to be of the climate represented in the area. It will essentially go from a dry desert like area into the snowy peaks on the southern side.

The Vanishing Prairie promises a completely unique experience coming to Animal Kingdom. By focusing on wild life regions from within the United States a brand new world of adventure and education will open up once this project is completed.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Episode 8 Immunity Challenge: Rafiki's Deconstruction Watch
Presented by MonorailRed

"Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn."

— Michael Eisner, Disney's Animal Kingdom Opening Day, April 22, 1998.

With this quote in mind, over the past two decades, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme park has centered around the idea of learning and discovering amazing creatures of the world and applying that knowledge towards animal conservation. With that in mind, I'd like to announce that in 2018, on the parks 20th Anniversary, a new land replaces Rafiki's Planet Watch to apply these key ideas of Conservation and learning from Animals all over the world.

latest

The Land of Zootopia can reached by train in between Africa and Asia at a new Train Station. With the abandoned train station in Africa, this gives Africa new space for shops, exhibits, shows, ect. whatever the Africa needs in the next years to keep entertaining guests. Being the only way to reach Zootopia, this train is an attraction within itself, with several added show scenes, scenery, and interactive elements to the track.

zootopia-districts.jpg

The Train travels up the track to the right side of track in the Animal Kingdom map, following the map from the movie, semi-similar to the journey of Judy Hopps from the movie. Guests first stumble upon the burrows show scene before entering into Downtown Zootopia. When guests leave Downtown, they reach show scenes showing The Rainforest District, Thundratown, and Sahara Square. These scenes are very similar to the Disneyland Railroad in the sense of themeing and design, with all contemporary Seven-Dwarf style Audio-Animetronics, to really bring these scenes to life.

Screen-Shot-2016-02-02-at-9.15.45-AM.png

After the burrows, guests arrive to a Grand Station in Downtown Zootopia. This is where guest's enter to either join the Zootopia Police Department, try amazing dining options from around the world, dance in the Streets to Gazelle, or discover Zootopia Bus Tours.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-10%20at%201.59.45%20PM_zpsrjuthjjx.png

Zootopia Police Department
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-10%20at%208.34.04%20PM_zpsyoiyqmmc.png

As you enter the Zootopia Police Department, you first see an Audio-animetronic version of Clawhauser the Cheetah. Using similar technology to Destini, Officer Clawhauser interacts with guests live.

Zootopia Police Academy

Join the Zootopia Police Academy! This Academy's in Downtown focuses on learning about different animals species and climates from around the world, and how you can use it as an honorary member of the Zootopia Police force. This show is also heavy of conservation and bringing different ideas on conservation back home after your Disney vacation. At the End, you may even get a special visit from Officer Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde!

Officer Hopps' Parking Lot Spin

Join Officer Judy Hopps as she is completing her parking lot duties! Drive in one of 15 different Zootopia Police carts, with 5 Different songs by Gazelle (These are custom made music compositions, which were collaborated with Shakira), Each cart and 18 different paths, making it a different ride experience each time!

The Parking Lot

This is an indoor area accessed through the police station. This area features several rides and attractions that could be a disturbance to animals nearby in Kilimanjaro Safaris and other animal areas, It features 2 attractions and one meet and greet. This also provides another much needed indoor area at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps Meet and Greet
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ZootopiaFI-800x400.jpg

A Wilde Police Chase

dsc05202.jpg

Join Nick Wilde and Officer Hopps as they search for missing citizens of Zootopia! Travel with them through Sahara Square, Thundratown, Downtown Zootopia, and The Rainforest. This is a Kuka arm-like simulated attraction and is definitely another family ride addition to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Downtown Zootopia
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-10%20at%209.21.22%20PM_zpsnttbqent.png

Map2_zpswketaaa2.png

latest

Discover the wonder of Downtown Zootopia! There's always something cool to discover, since there's such a variety of animal species. Explore the shops, selling souvenirs, attraction pictures, and customized magicbands based on Zootopia and Disney's Animal Kingdom.

tumblr_o3etrhZvbU1uqtl61o1_500.gif

Go dance to some of the latest hits Zoo100 is playing in the center of the town and dance with some of Zootopia's residents!

After that, be sure to go to The Big Donut - A great pastry shop that any Zootopia resident, big or small, goes to.

image_1e602a0c.png

Though, if your looking for something more substantial, Head on over to the Try Everything! QS location. This location is very large, and it extremely similar to the Landscape of Flavors at Disney's Art of Animation in terms of customization and setup. However, this QS features unique foods from around the world, such as: Italian pasta, Australian BBQ, and South American based vegetarian options.

Join the Search for Judy Hopps with the Zootopia Police Adventure!

zootopia-sloth-680x400.jpg

Similar to it's sister adventure games in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, the Zootopia Police Adventure brings these adventures to a whole new level, adding interactive audio-animetronics, video screens, effects, and different indoor locations to explore Zootopia and learn about it's residents while your search for the currently missing Officer Judy Hopps. Since there are so many different versions of an adventure, there's no telling what you may get yourself into!

Zootopia Bus Tours
Zootopiatour_zps2assgzwj.jpg

Travel Zootopia as the size of a mouse in Zootopia Bus tours! This simulated tour shows guests the spectacular areas of The Rainforest and Downtown Zootopia, and even may end up in some trouble as mayhem insues in the city!

In Conclusion....
Due to it's setting of a Animalistic Utopia of different species from across the world, it's raving reviews, and the storie's message - Zootopia makes sense to come to Disney's Animal Kingdom. The Land of Zootopia's move to Animal Kingdom also means that the film has come full circle, since the original research for the movie being made at Disney's Animal Kingdom years ago. We hope you've enjoyed this presentation and make your next travel to Zootopia soon!​

DSquared

Immunity Challenge:

The Hidden Jungle
flexhero_thejunglebook2016_v2_c5f90f7c.jpeg

The Jungle Book weather or not it is that good of a movie will be one of the most amazing feats in all of cinema with the use of motion capture and CGI in ways never seen before. And with technologies constantly being improves in theme parks, wouldn't a new land with the new film be a perfect companion to Pandora to cap off the new Animal Kingdom expansion.

The Ghost Train will be what takes you into the Hidden Jungle, where legendary animals of the works of Rudyard Kipling live in order of The Law of the Jungle.

Once you arrive, guests walk through the Paths of Enchantment, which will serve as the new Meet and Greet trail that was closed with Camp Mickey-Minnie.

Then, you arrive at the hub of the jungle, where one major attraction and two restaurants await you.

First, the two new restaurants.
Hin_Tok_River_Camp_Hell_Fire_Pass_Hotel_Jungle_Setting_Restaurant23.jpg

First off would be The Treetop will be a new table service restaurant serving Asian and American cuisine in a restaurant built between 2 trees.

4004.jpg

King Louie's Court wpuld be a buffet style restaurant with Jungle Book character dinning similar incomparison to the Crystal Palace.

And the main attraction...

th

The Legend of the Jungle Book would be a groundbreaking new way to experience what is called the most advanced movie of all time in a new attraction blending the power of VR and trackless EMV vehicles in a new way..

The queue would be themed to a village in India. As guests cross the famous stepping stones into the jungle, they enter a cave which brings them to Kaa, who delivers a speech.

tdfn-the-jungle-book-trailer-kaa-mowgli-.png

"Hello guessstsss.
Welcome to the jungle. I'm am just ssssso glad you have decided to join usssss.
Thissss jungle is a most magnificent place, and I ask of you to continue on to see the ssssshights and help get rid of Shere Khan.
The darn tiger seems wants my sssskin as a prize.
Ssssso continue on to meet with Man-Cub.
Unless you want to ssstay with me of course?"

A cave rock then opens up to reveal ride vehicles each carved to represent one of the characters (Baloo, Bagheera, Louie, Hathii). Guests get into the ride vehicles and put on VR goggles.

The ride then takes off going through the incredible journey of ManCub Mowgli as he ventures through the jungle to defeat Shere Khan and return home to the Man Village. A majority of the ride would be free flowing without 'scenes'. This could be compared to Universal attractions like Shrek, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and Spiderman.

Hope you enjoyed!

DinoInstitute

@IDInstitute's Proposal: "For the Sake of Five Sentences!" :p

This next challenge offers a lot that can be done creatively, as Rafiki's Planet Watch, while a fun stop during the day especially for young families, is one of the least fleshed out and complete lands Disney has ever built. Replacing this land will be a brand new Arctic themed environment, simply called "Antarctica" like other continent lands. After taking a rustic train into the old research retreat set up in Antarctica, there are several attractions for guests to explore. "Frozen World Wonders" will be an omnimover darkride that shows guests the natural beauty of the animals and landscapes of the Arctic, with an underlying message of unity in the environment between animals, including humans. "Arctic Rush" will be DAK's first launch coaster through the arctic tundra which will be sure to immerse and excite riders. Overall, this new land will help fully flesh out DAK as a full day park with lots to do, and with both tame and exciting attractions in a unique environment, there's no way to go wrong! :D :p

Matt7187

The Jungle

Rafikis-Planet-Watch.jpg

Rafiki's Planet Watch is one of the least visited areas of any Disney theme park in the world, and is in dire need of a replacement. With large sums of money going into new lands dedicated to Avatar, Star Wars, and Toy Story, there isn't too much more budget to be spent. Therefore, to keep this realistic, there would almost have to be an IP involved (although they do not belong in AK) and it would have to be on enough of a budget that it would not take too long to build and would bring in immediate profit.

After some deliberation (but not too much, I only had 24 hours), I determined that there is no single IP that was strong enough to carry a whole land in that space. Then I thought about how there is very minimal children's areas in the park after the closing of Camp Minnie Mickey, and that is how The Jungle came to be.

The train has been slightly altered, adding a fresh coat of paint and some new logos on the side that read "Jungle Transportation". The train will be a bright red, fitting in with the cartoon colored jungle atmosphere. There will be a video on the train for guests to watch, a new Timon and Pumbaa cartoon explaining what you can do when you get to The Jungle.

maxresdefault.jpg

Speaking of that jungle atmosphere, it all looks very similar to the Jungle from The Lion King, very bright and vibrant.

latest

There are two attractions in this land, B and D tickets, respectively. The B ticket is a flat ride titled Hakuna Matata, and it is very similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. There are three sections that you whip to, each with a special AA in the center singing the classic song that the attraction is named after. The three AA's will be Timon, Pumbaa, and a young Simba.

The second attraction will be a dark ride through the cartoon version of The Jungle Book, called The Bare Necessities. The film will receive new attention when the live action remake comes out later this year, so it will definitely bring in guests to experience this ride. It will go through the story of the film, and be a fun addition for the whole family!

Mowgli-Baloo-mowgli-and-baloo-32471483-1024-768.jpg

There will be a large M&G building, where you can meet The Fab 5 in their jungle attire, and characters from The Lion King, The Jungle Book, and Tarzan.

maxresdefault.jpg

There will be a quick service eatery themed to Turk and the gorillas from Tarzan, and a special confectionary themed to Timon and Pumbaa where there are many different candy and real bugs to enjoy!

candy4_1563555i.jpg

We can't forget about gift shops, which are the heart and soul of all new Disney experiences. There will be two gift shops selling various Disney themed merchandise.

nqmghf7q15me5tdq-mkdfcot4czwlfyh-cntywctuse.jpg

Thank you for reading, and I hope to see you in The Jungle in Fall 2017.

latest

Flippin'Flounder

Disney Africa
This new miniland in Africa allows Disney films to be used in Animal Kingdom, without hurting the beauty of Harambe. Two new attractions will be located in Disney Africa, based on The Lion King and Tarzan. The Lion King will receive a new trackless dark ride Simba's Journey, which will take you through the story of The Lion King, where you get to see memorable scenes, such as the opening, Hakuna Matata, and when Simba beats Scar. Tarzan will recieve a new indoor coaster, Swingin' through the Jungle, where you can swing to the beat of Strangers Like Me. Disney Africa is expected to open in 2018.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom