The Force Awakens

FoozieBear

George Lucas Special Edition Trailer!

Geor

Haha, this is great! Those special edition releases get me so frustrated. Until recently I discovered that I've been watching a fake version of Return of the Jedi all these years (I'm referring to the Anakin Ghost swap, although there's a lot more horrible edits to go around).

Speaking of, Disney should re-release the original versions of the films on Blu-Ray. I would buy THAT.

The Disney version of The Force Awakens

This is brilliant! Loving this one especially.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Article on the cultural impact the teaser has had in the past week -

It’s telling that—at least in the realm of entertainment—Star Wars easily dominated all conversation during a week that included major revelations about the new 007 film, Spectre, a trailer reveal for the new Terminator Genisys, and word that Jared Leto, Will Smith, and Margot Robbie will headline a DC villains Suicide Squad movie.

The Star Wars news left all of them, much like the planet Alderaan, in the dust.

“We have access to more data than any other YouTube partner, and with almost 72 millions views, this Star Wars: Episode VII trailer is the fastest-growing trailer that we’ve ever seen,”

“It will likely become the most watched movie trailer ever,” he added. “And what’s even more interesting is how the fans are running with it—it’s multiplying the impact. Already we have seen more than 90 million views of fan-uploaded content around the new Star Wars movie, including reviews, parodies and reaction videos. We see the official views and the entire culture of Star Wars coming to life on YouTube in a very big way.”

Lot's more in the article.....http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/05/star-wars-force-awakens-by-the-numbers/

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
JJ Abrams reveals "trading cards" - http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens-character-names/

BB-8.jpg

Poe-Dameron.jpg

Kylo-Ren.jpg

Rey.jpg

Finn.jpg

Stormtroopers.jpg

X-Wings.jpg

Millennium-Falcon.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I thought this was exciting news - Droid Ball aka BB-8 is real! It's not CG, it is a working prop controlled by remote -

BB-8, aka “the ball droid,” is real. Many assumed the soccer-ball shaped robot from The Force Awakens trailer was a computer-generated effect, but it turns out J.J. Abrams actually built the character we now know as BB-8. Mark Hamill told Yahoo Movies he actually drove the remote-controlled little guy. “When they were demonstrating how they did this thing, live on set—because it’s not CGI, that’s a live prop—I was just amazed,” he told writer Gwynne Watkins. “They let me play around with it. [Laughs] I was running it all around at the creature shop up in Pinewood. I’m telling you, it’s an absolute delight.”

erasure fan1

I thought this was exciting news - Droid Ball aka BB-8 is real! It's not CG, it is a working prop controlled by remote -

BB-8, aka “the ball droid,” is real. Many assumed the soccer-ball shaped robot from The Force Awakens trailer was a computer-generated effect, but it turns out J.J. Abrams actually built the character we now know as BB-8. Mark Hamill told Yahoo Movies he actually drove the remote-controlled little guy. “When they were demonstrating how they did this thing, live on set—because it’s not CGI, that’s a live prop—I was just amazed,” he told writer Gwynne Watkins. “They let me play around with it. [Laughs] I was running it all around at the creature shop up in Pinewood. I’m telling you, it’s an absolute delight.”
That is very cool, I sure as heck thought it was CG. I think that this is one of the things that gets me the most excited about the new movies, JJ going with more practical effects.

Matt_Black

That is very cool, I sure as heck thought it was CG. I think that this is one of the things that gets me the most excited about the new movies, JJ going with more practical effects.

That's why people prefer the original trilogy to the prequel trilogy. There's a weight and presence to everything we're seeing- it's a future that looks like it can be lived in and more importantly looks like it HAS been lived in. The prequels were too clean, too antiseptic. Now, granted, one can argue that that makes a bit of sense, aesthetically, as those take place before the Empire takes over and everything goes to pot, but still.

erasure fan1

That's why people prefer the original trilogy to the prequel trilogy. There's a weight and presence to everything we're seeing- it's a future that looks like it can be lived in and more importantly looks like it HAS been lived in. The prequels were too clean, too antiseptic. Now, granted, one can argue that that makes a bit of sense, aesthetically, as those take place before the Empire takes over and everything goes to pot, but still.
That is what Lucas has said about why the prequels look how they do. I still think they could have accomplished the same thing using more practical effects. I don't mind CG in my movies when used when practical won't work but what Lucas did in the prequels just seemed lazy to me. You need to strike a balance between the 2 and Abrams should be the guy who can do it.

Arthur Wellesley

Did anyone see the concept artwork for Kylo Ren's mask/helmet that was released last week? Whether a Sith or whatever he ends up being, the character looks kickas$. Kinda a cross between Vader and Maul. It'll be interesting to learn his story.

doctornick

So, it is extremely likely that Disney will have the biggest box office movie of 2015 -- the question is, which movie will it be? The Force Awakens or Avengers: Age of Ultron?

G00fyDad

So, it is extremely likely that Disney will have the biggest box office movie of 2015 -- the question is, which movie will it be? The Force Awakens or Avengers: Age of Ultron?

I read somewhere yesterday that the anticipation for the new SW movie is greater than that of the new Avengers 2. They said that based on the polls and predictions they did that the SW movie will greatly outsell the Avengers 2 movie.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The Disney Blog has a post with their box office predictions for each Disney movie next year. There estimate is $595 million domestic for Avengers and $765 million domestics for Star Wars. I also think Star Wars will be the bigger of the two.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2015/01/05/2015-disney-movie-slate-predictions/

Another question is, will either of these beat Avatar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom