The Force Awakens

Kman101

I feel like they held back on showing Ford, Fisher, and Hamilton because THAT would have sent us geeks into nerdgasm comas right away. They area actually building more excitement by showing us they new people right now, and then later ...... BOOM the veterans.

I lost count now. :D

My theory is that he is a spy for the New Republic keeping tabs on the scattered remnants of the Empire and he's been found out and running from them now trying to get back to the government.

Who? My bet is on Han and Leia's daughter.

I like that theory. I haven't even gotten around to putting that much thought into it, lol. And yes, I think she's Han and Leia's daughter. She sat with Fisher at the reading in the picture released on April 29th (which was my birthday, so that was excellent). She just looks like she fits the role of the new heroine. I have no spoilers so I don't know but that's my assumption as well.

I've lost count too :)

And that's probably exactly why they didn't reveal them yet. Build that anticipation. I think most fans would lose it seeing them. I know I'm going to geek the heck out when I do. And I proudly admit that, LOL

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just saw a story on Good Morning America talking about the trailer. The kept calling the X-Wings X fighters.

picard-facepalm.jpg

sorry for the cross franchise facepalm.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Original Poster
Just saw a story on Good Morning America talking about the trailer. The kept calling the X-Wings X fighters.

picard-facepalm.jpg

sorry for the cross franchise facepalm.

I saw that too, thought I heard it incorrectly until I rewound it to make sure. Obvious they need to watch the original trilogy.

doctornick

My theory is that he is a spy for the New Republic keeping tabs on the scattered remnants of the Empire and he's been found out and running from them now trying to get back to the government.

There's two most likely scenarios (more or less):

1. He's undercover as a Stormtrooper and the scene we see is after the cover is blown
2. He starts the movie as a loyal Stormtrooper and has a conversion to the "good" side and the scene we see is after that and he's now on the run.

Personally, I'd prefer something in the #2 vein, as that's a more compelling storyline. And it's generally something new to Star Wars -- yes, you had Vader become "good" in Ep VI but that was brief. And off-screen in the EU you had Han be an Imperial and convert, but in the main continuity we've never seen anyone go from being a loyal evildoer to fighting for good.

Mouse Trap

The voice in the trailer turns out to be Andy Serkis, it's a shame how underrated he is. His talent is extraordinary.

Crazy to think he has/will be in the Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars, Marvel and Planet of the Apes. Talk about about a childhood dream come true.

Progress.City

... and JJ Abrams said about Star Trek In to Darkness....

that Khan wasn't going to be in it
Right, he also said the Millenium Falcon wasn't going to be in the movie. Unless there's other desert planets our heros have a connection to, I'd say this desert world is Tatooine.

Matt_Black

There's two most likely scenarios (more or less):

1. He's undercover as a Stormtrooper and the scene we see is after the cover is blown
2. He starts the movie as a loyal Stormtrooper and has a conversion to the "good" side and the scene we see is after that and he's now on the run.

Personally, I'd prefer something in the #2 vein, as that's a more compelling storyline. And it's generally something new to Star Wars -- yes, you had Vader become "good" in Ep VI but that was brief. And off-screen in the EU you had Han be an Imperial and convert, but in the main continuity we've never seen anyone go from being a loyal evildoer to fighting for good.

Not full on evil, but we saw Han go from an amoral, self-serving scoundrel (he shot first, remember) to a hero.

StageFrenzy

The voice in the trailer turns out to be Andy Serkis, it's a shame how underrated he is. His talent is extraordinary.

Crazy to think he has/will be in the Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars, Marvel and Planet of the Apes. Talk about about a childhood dream come true.
In my mind he is the King of Mocap, where some early Hollywood pioneers were forgotten. I don't think he will be.

I was hoping it was Hamil considering his large VO career.

Matt_Black

In my mind he is the King of Mocap, where some early Hollywood pioneers were forgotten. I don't think he will be.

I was hoping it was Hamil considering his large VO career.

No, it's not Hamill. I've watched enough cartoons that he's been in, and I can pick out a Hamill voice over in a heartbeat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom