The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition- Discussion Thread

jdmdisney99

Aw, thanks RMichael! I love drawing characters better than architecture (which is why I am reluctant with using art in concept pieces...mostly because I have no idea where to begin). Right now, I like to draw a lot of Ariel and Louise from Bob's Burgers.
Excited-Louise-Bobs-Burgers.gif

TheOriginalTiki

Does it have spoilers? I'm on Episode 10

We do a section called "The Brail Trail" towards the end of the podcast where we talk about bits and pieces of foreshadowing that will be paid off later. Other than that we try to keep it as spoiler free as possible, and especially for right now were probably not going to be spoiling anything past episode 10 anyways, so you should be safe :)

Flippin'Flounder

We do a section called "The Brail Trail" towards the end of the podcast where we talk about bits and pieces of foreshadowing that will be paid off later. Other than that we try to keep it as spoiler free as possible, and especially for right now were probably not going to be spoiling anything past episode 10 anyways, so you should be safe :)
Lol, I finished anyway, I'll watch it now.

TheOriginalTiki

Off topic rant: Why do people have to be so fickle? It's been almost two years since I've "hung out" with anyone in person. Every time I try to make plans, they all just back out without so much as a phone call explaining why they're backing out. I know all of you like me, but in the real world I swear I must be one of the most UNLIKABLE people. It makes me feel completely alone :(

Sorry, just getting over YET ANOTHER case of being blown off.

Daveeeeed

If it makes you feel any better, I go through the same things. There's been dozens of times where I make plans for them to fall through, even with my best friend. Although I try to be flexible with the plans (just to not be stressed), they still bum me out. I *had* one friend (we ended our friendship) where I had to constantly make plans to see them, even though I would do anything and everything for them.

Sometimes it's hard to find the right friend; I'm going through a similar process. Most people aren't that nice and, sorry to be a tad bit pessimistic, they are pretty selfish when it comes in turn for relationships. So, in reality, there's something wrong with them and not you. They're just too selfish and immature to keep plans with you and you honestly seem like a great, creative person who is quite witty in his podcasts. :D
I 100% agree. True friends will actually pick up the phone and give a call.

TheOriginalTiki

It's hard to think positively of myself when this keeps happening. I literally don't have ANY friends. They've all either moved out of state or just stopped talking to me. They think I've gone crazy since I was diagnosed with Autism, and maybe I have. It's crushing to think that I'll NEVER lead a normal life. I'm never going to drive, I'm probably never going to hold down a normal job. All because of a bad mix of chemistry in my brain. It's a heartbreaking experience to go through when you're in your twenties and you're trying to find your identity. The diagnosis was tough enough...the fact that everyone has turned their backs on me has made it all but unbearable. And it's really tough of me not to think of myself as the problem and not the other way around. People just don't want the baggage of someone with a severe mental condition.

spacemt354

Chili's
It's hard to think positively of myself when this keeps happening. I literally don't have ANY friends. They've all either moved out of state or just stopped talking to me. They think I've gone crazy since I was diagnosed with Autism, and maybe I have. It's crushing to think that I'll NEVER lead a normal life. I'm never going to drive, I'm probably never going to hold down a normal job. All because of a bad mix of chemistry in my brain. It's a heartbreaking experience to go through when you're in your twenties and you're trying to find your identity. The diagnosis was tough enough...the fact that everyone has turned their backs on me has made it all but unbearable. And it's really tough of me not to think of myself as the problem and not the other way around. People just don't want the baggage of someone with a severe mental condition.

I would keep your chin up Tiki. Don't think down about yourself, because you aren't the problem.

Normal is only defined by the eye of the beholder. And even if there is a set definition of a 'normal' life, it's much better to be different than to simply blend into a crowd. It's their loss that they don't pull through. I know it might be hard to see the truth in that, but it is true.

It's usually the people that stand out or are away from the crowd that end up going places far beyond the norm, in a good way. Most artistic, imaginative thinkers like yourself should keep doing what you're doing and don't worry about anyone else.

It's not "bad chemistry." You just gotta stay positive and keep using your uniqueness to your advantage because...

Satoshi Tajiri - the creator of Pokémon - has autism.

People with an imagination and creative mind like yourself are who change the world. Not the normal people. All it takes is one simple idea (yes, inception reference;)) or a really intriguing podcast that gets recognized by someone, and who knows what could happen! Then all those people who ditched you will all of a sudden want to talk to you. But you won't have to waste your time with them.

The future is bright if you just believe in yourself and what you hope to accomplish:)

Daveeeeed

I would keep your chin up Tiki. Don't think down about yourself, because you aren't the problem.

Normal is only defined by the eye of the beholder. And even if there is a set definition of a 'normal' life, it's much better to be different than to simply blend into a crowd. It's their loss that they don't pull through. I know it might be hard to see the truth in that, but it is true.

It's usually the people that stand out or are away from the crowd that end up going places far beyond the norm, in a good way. Most artistic, imaginative thinkers like yourself should keep doing what you're doing and don't worry about anyone else.

It's not "bad chemistry." You just gotta stay positive and keep using your uniqueness to your advantage because...

People with an imagination and creative mind like yourself are who change the world. Not the normal people. All it takes is one simple idea (yes, inception reference;)) or a really intriguing podcast that gets recognized by someone, and who knows what could happen! Then all those people who ditched you will all of a sudden want to talk to you. But you won't have to waste your time with them.

The future is bright if you just believe in yourself and what you hope to accomplish:)
Amen

Voxel

President of Progress City
That's sad, one of my best friends in College was autistic and its not like your infected with the zombie virus going to kill us all..

Voxel

President of Progress City

When I read this I was like I thought he had Asperger, then I remember that the Institute that defines these "condition" was pushing to get rid of the Asperger diagnosis and label them all autism in their latest rev of diagnosis. (There is a proper word for their documents but I can't remember it)

spacemt354

Chili's
When I read this I was like I thought he had Asperger, then I remember that the Institute that defines these "condition" was pushing to get rid of the Asperger diagnosis and label them all autism in their latest rev of diagnosis. (There is a proper word for their documents but I can't remember it)
Aspergers is now under the umbrella of autistic spectrum disorder according to the DSM 5 I believe.

TheOriginalTiki

My little brother and I both have Autism. I'm more on the Aspergers side of things and he's more severe (he's non-verbal). I wasn't properly diagnosed until I was in my twenties (went through my teens with a false diagnosis of bi-polar) whereas my brother was diagnosed when he was only a few years old.

The ironic part of this whole thing? The person in question who I thought stood me up actually got a hold of me a bit later on in the day. That just goes to show you how severe my mood swings can get. I take a lot of things way more personally than I should, and I should probably blame that a bit more on my lack of social contacts and not so much accuse other people of "abandoning" me. It's really a two way street, and to be honest when I react as harshly as I do when plans don't fall through I can kind of see why people are apprehensive. It can definitely be like walking a tight rope when it comes to my emotions and what may or may not offend me.

Big thanks to you all for the kind words though. I'm glad that I've established a respectable identity for myself online, even if it doesn't quiet fill the void of not having much of a social life.

spacemt354

Chili's
My little brother and I both have Autism. I'm more on the Aspergers side of things and he's more severe (he's non-verbal). I wasn't properly diagnosed until I was in my twenties (went through my teens with a false diagnosis of bi-polar) whereas my brother was diagnosed when he was only a few years old.

The ironic part of this whole thing? The person in question who I thought stood me up actually got a hold of me a bit later on in the day. That just goes to show you how severe my mood swings can get. I take a lot of things way more personally than I should, and I should probably blame that a bit more on my lack of social contacts and not so much accuse other people of "abandoning" me. It's really a two way street, and to be honest when I react as harshly as I do when plans don't fall through I can kind of see why people are apprehensive. It can definitely be like walking a tight rope when it comes to my emotions and what may or may not offend me.

Big thanks to you all for the kind words though. I'm glad that I've established a respectable identity for myself online, even if it doesn't quiet fill the void of not having much of a social life.
Hey, Jurassic World comes out tonight! That should keep your spirits high. :D

TheOriginalTiki

Speaking of Jurassic Park, for the experts I have a question. I have seen the original, but never the second or third. Do I need to see those before I see Jurassic World?

I'm sure there will be a few Easter eggs here and there, but in general JW is being looked at as a direct sequel to the first film due to the fact that it's back in a theme park setting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom