The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition- Discussion Thread

Sam Magic

That pretty much sums up my Italy (only Rome though) experience so far. We'll be going to Positano, Venice and Paris for a few days each and Pompeii for a few hours.

Adding onto your points, there's definitely some differences from the U.S. And here. This big one was the room key to turn on the lights. When we got to our hotel, I was trying to figure out how to turn on the lights like I always do. When I found these button things on the bedside table and the lights didn't turn on, I was pretty confused.:p

And you can probably relate to this Sam, but I find that a vendor is selling selfie sticks on every block, corner and sidewalk. :D;)
OH MY GOSH yes to that last bit! "Selfie Stick, five euro!" It is the absoulute worst. I never want to see another selfie stick again in my life.
There arent beggars and street vendors everywhere here in Europe though. For example in my country, the Netherlands, you won't find them very easily, but in other countries( for example france, spain, italy, but even belgium) they have a lot of problems with the migrants from the middle east and Africa.
Especially Italy and Greece. They are smart too, they go to the big tourist city's and those cities centers and just sell. I pray they are not bad in Germany. There should be some serious regulations about it.

Sam Magic

Well I visit Germany often, but usually there arent a lot of migrants even in the big cities. Enjoy your trip!
Well with the new EU plan I hope that doesn't change.

So RM21, what have you done thusfar in Rome?

When you are in Vinece I recommend eating veggie pizza at a little cafe on St. Marks Square near Caffe Florian. It's the cafe closest to the tower on the left hand side of the square facing the Basilica. It's a little pricey with regards to service and don't buy a coke, but amazingly fresh and good.

For pasta though, my favorite place was near the Vatican in a resturant called Da Marcella A Cappalone get their Alfredo Pasta. It's at the corner of Via del Mascherino and Borgio Pio.

RMichael21

Well with the new EU plan I hope that doesn't change.

So RM21, what have you done thusfar in Rome?

When you are in Vinece I recommend eating veggie pizza at a little cafe on St. Marks Square near Caffe Florian. It's the cafe closest to the tower on the left hand side of the square facing the Basilica. It's a little pricey with regards to service and don't buy a coke, but amazingly fresh and good.

For pasta though, my favorite place was near the Vatican in a resturant called Da Marcella A Cappalone get their Alfredo Pasta. It's at the corner of Via del Mascherino and Borgio Pio.
We've done the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, a bunch of the Piazzas and the Trevi Fountain (even though it's being worked on) and just walked around. Tomorrow, we plan on touring the Vatican and we plan on taking a tour of the Colosseum and forum on Wednesday.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to try it!

Matt7187

OH MY GOSH yes to that last bit! "Selfie Stick, five euro!" It is the absoulute worst. I never want to see another selfie stick again in my life.

Especially Italy and Greece. They are smart too, they go to the big tourist city's and those cities centers and just sell. I pray they are not bad in Germany. There should be some serious regulations about it.
I saw a lot of people in Greece and Italy begging, but there was also a good amount in Spain too

Disney Dad 3000

Boo! I'm back!

You leave for ten days and you see a new UI, Gay Marriage leagalized, and Confederate flag all but banned. Maybe I should leave the counntry more...it seems like more happens. so a little update on me!

I leave for Paris later today and will begin my Western Europe leg of our trip. The past ten days in Italy have been amazing!

On June 19th I landed in Rome, the Rome airport is probably the worst I have ever seen, very dirty and unorganized. After landing we got on the shuttles with our group and headed into the city. The first site I visited were the Steps De Spagna. It was all very beautiful and much fun to walk down the street...until after no where it started storming. My family and I rushed under a store front to stay warm. After the rain had cleared out we walked to the Pantheon and Pizza Navona. All of it was really cool and amazing. The next day after chior rehearsal we performed in the Pantheon and went on a walking tour of Ancient Rome. We visited the forum and amazing Colluseum. The next day was Vatican day...which was interesting to say the least and I'll go into more in the next podcast I'm in. On the last full day of Rome we performed in St. Peters Basilica for mass and the Sistine Chapel which was to say the least...amazing. The day we left Rome we went to the Papal Audience and I was close enough to touch Pope Francis. We then left for Asisi which was great and ended our day in Florence. Florence was really great, but the school had lined up tours and our tour guide was like an energetic fool that knew somethings but got everything wrong...DisneyPrincess will feel my pain. I would recomend watching and reading up on the history of different places you go and memorizing/laying out some walks in these cities before you go and skip the tour guides.

After Florence we went to Vinice. Coming from New Orleans I can say that Vinece from what I experienced is a nicer and more crowded version of the city. If I ever go to Italy again I will NOT go to Vinece. We ended the Italy leg of our trip in Milan. Milan was very nice, but we didn't get to do much which made me a little sad. If I ever go I will spend maybe three days in Rome, one in Asisi, three in Florence, and three in Milan. For those of you going for your first time I would recomend doing the cities that have always interested you and plan like you will return.

In general Italy was a beautiful country. Unfortunately it will be another ten days until I can compare it with other European countries, but overall it was very nice. In many ways I found it was a comfortable transition into the differences between Europe and the US which are much more dramatic than say car size and electrical outlets. When you go out to eat you always get one large glass of water at your table and its about four to eight dollars for soda. You need to watch out for 'fizzy' water too. The water bottles are really cool too, and to turn on power in your room you need to put your room key in a slot which is something I never experienced in the states. It is a way to save power.

In Europe I found there are many more beggars and street vendors than here in the states. Now for me I can respect street vendors that are selling products that range from art to hell even books, but most of the vendors I saw were selling stupid and cheap products that I would never buy. Not to mention the tons of fake leather shops that try to sell you a $250 fake leather bag. So if you go be careful of that. Bathrooms also cost money, Vinece was the worst with this. There were some cool things too like smaller more efficient cars, adequate public transportation, and walking space.

I will check in more frequently now that I have wifi and will give further updates and a more detailed trip report soon. So how are things here?

Sounds like you are having a good time. Too bad you can't stop in Switzerland for a few on your way to Paris? It. Is. Amazing.
I loved Florence the 1 day I had there, wish there was more time. Vatican is hard to explain the scale as you noted. Rome was impressive, but for my tastes was just too much. I was exhausted and cranky after my visit there many moons ago.m
Enjoy Paris. been twice and never gets old, especially when you can gorge on crepes and pastries!

jdmdisney99

7000 likes!
roYpBBt.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom