TAFI Town Hall

spacemt354

Chili's
hatlogo_zpscwxatvx7.png

TAFI Newsletter
January 3, 2016

Introduction
Greetings everyone and Happy New Year! 2016 is set to be the biggest year in this forum's history -- with so many new members and interest, we are set up for amazing events this coming year. To bridge the gap a little between last year and this year, here's the first Newsletter of 2016 showcasing all that's happened and will happen on the Imagineering forum!

Imagineering Competitions and Events
ICS Tournament II
1433432_orig.png

Congratulations to both tcool123 and TheOriginalTiki for making it to the finals. Judged by 2014 Elite Eight winner MonorailRed, the title was passed down to this year's winner. In a hard fought competition - tcool123 was determined the Elite Eight winner for 2015! He had a fantastic year and look for great things from him in 2016 and beyond.

A Final Festivus: Imagineering for the Rest of Us

Festivus_zpsr61qdyye.jpg

In the coming days I will post the S.S. Disney project - I've been trying to balance a lot of things over the last few days, but it should be up soon! Check the Final Festivus thread for updates on our S.S. Disneyland park!

The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island
thesoleimagineer-season-2-redemption-island-logo-copy-jpg.124848

The 16 person cast has been set for The Sole Imagineer. Check out the thread later today for the tribes! Below is a list of all the castaways:

IAmNotAHufflepuff
IDInstitute
DSquared
Flippin'Flounder
spacemt354
Matt7187
tcool123
TheOriginalTiki
Perry2x2
JokersWild
DisneyPrincess1993
Sam4D23
MonorailRed
Simon Sulk
Ranky64
Brer Panther

League of Dreamers: A New Beginning

latest

The Disney Villains land - The Arcane Forest - has been posted by the League of Dreamers team. Check out the thread for more details!

Individual Spotlights
@TRF has designed an amazing attraction called the Library of London. If you're a fan of Imagineering...please do yourself a favor and go check this thread out. While only a few days into 2016...this might have just locked up the TAFI Award for best innovative concept. It is amazing!

Link here

Conclusion
Once again, we have come to the conclusion of another edition of the TAFI Newsletter. The first of many in 2016. Tune in next week and for now have a great time imagineering! :)

RMichael21

Yes that would be good!

I'm assuming you can change the title of the 2015 Imagineering Appendix thread to "2016" and then just edit the first post to include 2016?
Well, I think how we did it last year was make threads for each year and have every post below the first be previous years. So, it might make more sense to just make a new thread and change the sticky.

DinoInstitute

Yes that would be good!

I'm assuming you can change the title of the 2015 Imagineering Appendix thread to "2016" and then just edit the first post to include 2016?
The only problem with that is that posts have a limit on how many characters can be used, and there wouldn't be enough room for it all. It would have to be a new thread that we ask the mods to unsticky/sticky

spacemt354

Chili's
The only problem with that is that posts have a limit on how many characters can be used, and there wouldn't be enough room for it all. It would have to be a new thread that we ask the mods to unsticky/sticky
Gotcha!

While we are on that...if we are asking to change that sticky...could we also change the ICS Information sticky? Some of the info isn't accurate anymore and @jdmdisney99 hasn't been around...so for the new year and any new imagineers that come on I was thinking it would be better to have that be an updated sticky. Maybe with the FAQ portion that we were talking about back in the summer

RMichael21

Gotcha!

While we are on that...if we are asking to change that sticky...could we also change the ICS Information sticky? Some of the info isn't accurate anymore and @jdmdisney99 hasn't been around...so for the new year and any new imagineers that come on I was thinking it would be better to have that be an updated sticky. Maybe with the FAQ portion that we were talking about back in the summer
I guess I could make the new version of the ICS info thread with all of the updated information.

spacemt354

Chili's
I guess I could make the new version of the ICS info thread with all of the updated information.
Well maybe we could draft it in Town Hall because I'd like to include a "hub" center for all of these ICS Weekends threads to link them all. It was recommended by some other members and I really like the idea so I think that, plus a updated general overview of the ICS could be good.

RMichael21

Well maybe we could draft it in Town Hall because I'd like to include a "hub" center for all of these ICS Weekends threads to link them all. It was recommended by some other members and I really like the idea so I think that, plus a updated general overview of the ICS could be good.
Alright, since I'm busy writing up the first challenge of TSI (;)), expect it (hopefully) later today or sometime tomorrow.

spacemt354

Chili's
I've been slipping on the newsletter the last few weeks...and I feel really bad about it. I haven't forgotten...I've just been and will be busy while dedicating most of my free time to TSI.

I wanted to offer up the option to anyone and everyone if you would like to write the newsletters for a week? Much like the Sunday paper...I think Sunday is a good day to write them for this year. Everyone is off from school/work and it will be nice to look forward to on the weekends.

So starting tomorrow...if anyone would like to try writing one and sign up, feel free!

I'll still be able to write them each week if nobody is interested, but they might not be as elaborate as I want them to be, and it never hurts hear new writing styles and keep stuff going, so I just wanted to offer it up!

Here are the next upcoming dates:
January 17th
January 24th
January 31st
February 7th

Thanks everyone!

tcool123

hatlogo_zpscwxatvx7.png

TAFI Newsletter
January 17, 2016

Introduction
Greetings everyone to this ever exciting newsletter! As you can notice it's not the usual space edition, but rather a tcool entry! However just because it's a new writer it doesn't mean we'll differ from purpose. So get ready imagineers here comes your newsletter!

The Sole Imagineer Season 2 : Redemption Island

Last time we tuned in to the Sole Imagineer we found out the official cast. From there the official teams were announced of Lassetoki and Blairoznah. During Episode 1 : A Toatally New Tower we were treated by many new, exciting and creating proposals. However the one that took the cake was Goosebumps: A Rush at De Rodeo Hotel by @MonorailRed . This proposal shined above the others allowing @MonorailRed to snatch first place.

Following Episode 1 Part One @Simon Sulk quit which in turn had @Brer Panther be the first person to be voted off from The Sole Imagineer. This was quickly followed by @englanddg joining the competition, and playing for Team Blairoznah. The second person to be voted off from The Sole Imagineer was @DSquared . He along with @Brer Panther await on Redemption Island for a chance of well redemption.

Episode 1 : A Fortunate Phase 3 recap starts now. Following a tribe swap tribes were tasked as a group to develop a Phase Three for Hollywood Studios. The Lassetoki Tribe introduced viewers to their expansions of Halloweentown, San Fransokyo, and Knowhere. While the Blairoznah Tribe introduced viewers to Fantasia Springs a combination of Duckburg and Fantasia Gardens. The winners were the Lassetoki Tribe, but although they won they lost a teammate as @DisneyPrincess1993 quit the competition. So many twists such an exciting competition. What'll happen next? Only time will tell. So stay tuned to The Sole Imagineer Season 2 and Episode 2 : Downtown Dreams were tribes are tasked with redesigning Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort.

League of Dreamers : A New Beginning

latest

Contestants were tasked with building Fantasyland this time around. However trouble ensues as the land was due yesterday at midnight. Now why did they just forget their due date? Well let's take an inside look into the Brainstorming thread. After some quick looking around it seems like just that. They had forgotten the due date. Let's stay tuned to this event, and see what happens next in the League of Dreamers : A New Beginning.

The Road Trip

1752175_600.jpg

While this competition hasn't started yet we still have things to report. It has been made an ICS competition by @IAmNotAHufflepuff . There has also been talk about the signup date being possibly moved up as early as March. So folks keep an eye out for this competition as it could be something fun and exciting for everyone.

ICS Weekends : Where in the World

Where-in-the-world-generic-banner.jpg

The current ICS Weekend game for this weekend is of course Where in the World. It'll make you mad. It'll make you sad. It'll make you proud of getting an answer right where your only clue was a statue of Ariel. So join in on the fun folks, and find out where in the world something happens to be.

Individual Spotlight

@orlando678- his Walt Disney Resort Project is great. In this past week alone he has posted many different aspects from this project. First was Tomorrowland with my personal favorite concept being Tron: Clue's Revenge. Then he proceeded by posting Worlds of Disney Day Parade, Disney's Pageant of Fantasy, Disney's Ignite Your Dreams Night Parade. Here is an interview on the Walt Disney Resort Project with @orlando678- .

How do you come up with these ideas for your parks?

I come up with ideas for the parks everywhere I go. I get inspired by the smallest things, but I usually want to combine the things that exist, with the unbuilt, the ideas of us imagineers and my own input. Some ideas like backstories or extra rides come up during the process of writing.

Can you reveal any information on your nighttime spectacular for Walt Disneyland Park?

The show will be a celebration of music, colour and characters and will be similar to Wishes from the Next Generation show, but it will have some new surprises. I want to tell a bit about Walt Disney himself in a way similar to the shows in Disneyland (World of Color and Disneyland Forever), but also create an immersive animated adventure (Once Upon A Time, Celebrate the Magic, Disney Dreams).

What's next for you after you complete Walt Disneyland Park?

After Walt Disneyland Park I will probably start writing about Disney's Kingdom of Stories, but this will depend on what people want to see, because I have seen the interest in Disney's Wild Kingdom too. Both are large parks with Wild Kingdom including 13 themed areas and Kingdom of Stories, 9 themed areas.

Can you reveal any information on the next parks for the Walt Disney Resort Project?

The other parks will be 4 amazing theme parks with experiences for people of all ages. Many franchises will come up, Pixar, Henson, Lucas, Marvel, James Cameron and more. You will probably see attractions we know from the other resorts, but slightly or extremely changed, you will see unbuilt rides and some other great rides. The parks will support the 4 main areas of the original Disneyland, Kingdom of Stories represents Fantasyland, Wild Kingdom represents Adventureland, Movie Studios will represent all of them and Project L.U. will represent Tomorrowland. Some upcoming rides I'd like to share the names of are Shadow Peak, Frozen Sleigh Journey and War of the Worlds for Kingdom of Stories, The Flying Dutchman, It's A Small World and Rage of the Pyramid for Project Living Universe, Meltdown Mountain, Matamba Mine and Pocahontas' Colors of the Wind for Wild Kingdom and Toy Story: The Further Adventures, Steamboat Wharf and Quest for The Happily Ever After for Movie Studios. Stay tuned on the Walt Disney Resort Project thread to find out all about it.

Mark Your Calendars

This is just me trying something new I would love to hear feedback on this section. This also has nothing to do with Imagineering just fun stuff.:D

Monday - Martin Luther King Day
Tuesday - Popcorn Day
Wednesday - Penguin Awareness Day
Thursday - National Hugging Day
Friday - Celebration of Life Day
Saturday - National Pie Day
Sunday - Talk Like A Grizzled Prospector Day

Conclusion

I hope everyone had a fun time reading along. See you all next week where I hope to write the newsletter. So until then stay imagineery everyone! :D

Flippin'Flounder

Mark Your Calendars

This is just me trying something new I would love to hear feedback on this section. This also has nothing to do with Imagineering just fun stuff.:D

Tuesday - Popcorn Day
Awesome! You did great with the newsletter this week!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
hatlogo_zpscwxatvx7.png

TAFI Newsletter
January 17, 2016

Introduction
Greetings everyone to this ever exciting newsletter! As you can notice it's not the usual space edition, but rather a tcool entry! However just because it's a new writer it doesn't mean we'll differ from purpose. So get ready imagineers here comes your newsletter!

Last time we tuned in to the Sole Imagineer we found out the official cast. From there the official teams were announced of Lassetoki and Blairoznah. During Episode 1 : A Toatally New Tower we were treated by many new, exciting and creating proposals. However the one that took the cake was Goosebumps: A Rush at De Rodeo Hotel by @MonorailRed . This proposal shined above the others allowing @MonorailRed to snatch first place.

Following Episode 1 Part One @Simon Sulk quit which in turn had @Brer Panther be the first person to be voted off from The Sole Imagineer. This was quickly followed by @englanddg joining the competition, and playing for Team Blairoznah. The second person to be voted off from The Sole Imagineer was @DSquared . He along with @Brer Panther await on Redemption Island for a chance of well redemption.

Episode 1 : A Fortunate Phase 3 recap starts now. Following a tribe swap tribes were tasked as a group to develop a Phase Three for Hollywood Studios. The Lassetoki Tribe introduced viewers to their expansions of Halloweentown, San Fransokyo, and Knowhere. While the Blairoznah Tribe introduced viewers to Fantasia Springs a combination of Duckburg and Fantasia Gardens. The winners were the Lassetoki Tribe, but although they won they lost a teammate as @DisneyPrincess1993 quit the competition. So many twists such an exciting competition. What'll happen next? Only time will tell. So stay tuned to The Sole Imagineer Season 2 and Episode 2 : Downtown Dreams were tribes are tasked with redesigning Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort.

League of Dreamers : A New Beginning

latest

Contestants were tasked with building Fantasyland this time around. However trouble ensues as the land was due yesterday at midnight. Now why did they just forget their due date? Well let's take an inside look into the Brainstorming thread. After some quick looking around it seems like just that. They had forgotten the due date. Let's stay tuned to this event, and see what happens next in the League of Dreamers : A New Beginning.

The Road Trip

1752175_600.jpg

While this competition hasn't started yet we still have things to report. It has been made an ICS competition by @IAmNotAHufflepuff . There has also been talk about the signup date being possibly moved up as early as March. So folks keep an eye out for this competition as it could be something fun and exciting for everyone.

ICS Weekends : Where in the World

Where-in-the-world-generic-banner.jpg

The current ICS Weekend game for this weekend is of course Where in the World. It'll make you mad. It'll make you sad. It'll make you proud of getting an answer right where your only clue was a statue of Ariel. So join in on the fun folks, and find out where in the world something happens to be.

Individual Spotlight

@orlando678- his Walt Disney Resort Project is great. In this past week alone he has posted many different aspects from this project. First was Tomorrowland with my personal favorite concept being Tron: Clue's Revenge. Then he proceeded by posting Worlds of Disney Day Parade, Disney's Pageant of Fantasy, Disney's Ignite Your Dreams Night Parade. Here is an interview on the Walt Disney Resort Project with @orlando678- .

How do you come up with these ideas for your parks?

I come up with ideas for the parks everywhere I go. I get inspired by the smallest things, but I usually want to combine the things that exist, with the unbuilt, the ideas of us imagineers and my own input. Some ideas like backstories or extra rides come up during the process of writing.

Can you reveal any information on your nighttime spectacular for Walt Disneyland Park?

The show will be a celebration of music, colour and characters and will be similar to Wishes from the Next Generation show, but it will have some new surprises. I want to tell a bit about Walt Disney himself in a way similar to the shows in Disneyland (World of Color and Disneyland Forever), but also create an immersive animated adventure (Once Upon A Time, Celebrate the Magic, Disney Dreams).

What's next for you after you complete Walt Disneyland Park?

After Walt Disneyland Park I will probably start writing about Disney's Kingdom of Stories, but this will depend on what people want to see, because I have seen the interest in Disney's Wild Kingdom too. Both are large parks with Wild Kingdom including 13 themed areas and Kingdom of Stories, 9 themed areas.

Can you reveal any information on the next parks for the Walt Disney Resort Project?

The other parks will be 4 amazing theme parks with experiences for people of all ages. Many franchises will come up, Pixar, Henson, Lucas, Marvel, James Cameron and more. You will probably see attractions we know from the other resorts, but slightly or extremely changed, you will see unbuilt rides and some other great rides. The parks will support the 4 main areas of the original Disneyland, Kingdom of Stories represents Fantasyland, Wild Kingdom represents Adventureland, Movie Studios will represent all of them and Project L.U. will represent Tomorrowland. Some upcoming rides I'd like to share the names of are Shadow Peak, Frozen Sleigh Journey and War of the Worlds for Kingdom of Stories, The Flying Dutchman, It's A Small World and Rage of the Pyramid for Project Living Universe, Meltdown Mountain, Matamba Mine and Pocahontas' Colors of the Wind for Wild Kingdom and Toy Story: The Further Adventures, Steamboat Wharf and Quest for The Happily Ever After for Movie Studios. Stay tuned on the Walt Disney Resort Project thread to find out all about it.

Mark Your Calendars

Tuesday - Popcorn Day

Conclusion

I hope everyone had a fun time reading along. See you all next week where I hope to write the newsletter. So until then stay imagineery everyone! :D
Great job tcool! Can't wait for next weeks update!

tcool123

hatlogo_zpscwxatvx7.png

TAFI Newsletter
January 17, 2016

Introduction
Greetings everyone to this ever exciting newsletter! This week has been rather exciting if I do say so my self. This week we saw it all. From a nonDisney park being renovated to a classic attraction being reimagined. So without further ado the newsletter!

Last time we tuned in to the Sole Imagineer we found out the theme for Episode 2. Tribes were tasked with rebuilding Disneyland's Downtown Disney. The Lassetoki Tribe debuted Disney Commons. The host @RMichael21 praised the tribe's Theater District and the name Disney Commons. However he wasn't as fond to the other districts. Calling Disney Avenue "a place where you'd put all the stuff that didn't fit anywhere else". The Blairozah Tribe debuted Disney's Boom Town an old western town with a modern twist. The host @RMichael21 praised the original theming of Sacramento, and 'the other town'. He also gave praise for the backstory and map. However the team dropped the ball with the stores chosen, and general lack of expansion of Downtown Disney. The winning tribe was Lassetoki. The next person that was voted off the Sole Imagineer was @englanddg . Lastly it has been revealed that Episode Three will heavily focus on the backstories of Shanghai Disneyland. Stay tuned to the Sole Imagineer to find out more information.

Park Builders Unite!

latest

A concept started by @TheOriginalTiki here members of the forums pitch proposals based on the current discussion. From there a team of imagineers will go via podcast to fine tune the proposals. The first theme is the fabled mythical third Disneyland Resort. They have nailed down the park's theme to be literature. Some attractions that have been thrown around include an attraction based on Around the World in 80 Days, another attraction based off The Great Gatsby, and more recently the standout attraction so far being a C-Ticket based on the Roald Dahl novel; Maltida. This attraction was pitched and made by @MA Screamin' . Here's a quick excerpt from his ride -

With this, the desks arrange themselves in typical Mad Tea Party fashion, and guests can proceed to spin them in whatever direction they fancy. The tinted windows now dance with different colors filling the dull panels. The items on the desks dance as well: the books fill back and forth, the pencils stand on their own and march around the desk, and paper airplanes even form, and appear to fly across the gazebo (by the power of projection technology), some hitting Miss Trunchbull’s hair and poking her eyes. The same go for the items surrounding the rim of the gazebo: posters swing back and forth, globes spin rapidly, and blinds even fall from the roof, that read things like “Away with Miss Trunchbull!” and “Boo hoo, Miss Trunchbull won’t do!” This is all while the children is dying of laughter, while Miss Trunchbull is scared out of her wits, saying things like “Matilda, make it stop!” and “I’ve got to get away for here, forever!” Lavender and Matilda are happy with a job well done, as the ride begins to slow down, and Miss Honey joins the class once more. The Miss Trunchbull animatronic sinks back down, still astonished and very frightened.

So stay tuned to Park Builders Unite! for more great ideas.

The Road Trip

1752175_600.jpg

While this competition hasn't started yet we still have things to report. The official sign-up date for this contest has been posted. The date sign-ups open is March 7th.

ICS Weekends

j78v.png

Welcome to the official ICS Weekends section of the Newsletter! This week we saw talks of a Who's Park Is It Anyways? returning. Lookout for its potential return next weekend. There was also talk of another round of Disney Debates happening, but this time via YouTube. However this did not come fruition. Lastly Where in the World continues to go strong now entering it's fourth weekend of activity. Here's a complete roster of ICS Weekend Events that have happened so far.
- Disney Jeopardy
- Disney The Price is Right
- Disney Family Feud
- Whose Park is it Anyways?
- Where in the World
- Disney Debates

Individual Spotlight

@IAmNotAHufflepuff and his Busch Gardens Tampa: A Complete Renovation is great. In this project he plans to rework Busch Gardens Tampa, and make a wonderful themed experience based off the large continent of Africa. He is tackling the lack of family friendly attractions, unused space & closed attractions, and the park's disjointed themes and aesthetics. One of his most notable changes is an addition of a large 180 ft volcano. So far my favorite thing seen from this concept has to be Rhino Rally. I mean who dosen't love a good safari that's fun for the whole family? Here is an interview with @IAmNotAHufflepuff on his vision Busch Gardens Africa.

20aqjrc.png

What inspired you to work on Busch Gardens Africa?
Busch Gardens Tampa/Africa is my home park, only twenty-five minutes or so from where I live. I figured it would be sensible to start my series of renovation plans at my local park.

Can you reveal any information on what's hiding inside the volcano?
All I will reveal is that it will be the headliner in the volcano will be an E-ticket dark ride. Other than that, I prefer to remain tight-lipped on the subject until the right time.

Can you reveal any information on the upcoming lands?
Some of the new features coming to some of the lands include a full-retheme for Jungala, a new family-friendly attraction for Egypt, and a mini-land on the former spot of the Tidal Wave or Stanley Falls Flume.

What are your plans after your renovation for Busch Gardens Tampa? Do you have plans on expanding the Busch Gardens brand and/or renovating the other Busch Gardens locations?
To be frank, I'm not all that sure. I might do Busch Gardens Willamsburg, but it's doubtful. Sea World Orlando is probably the next one to plate but I have ideas for a custom SeaWorld park and a Busch Gardens China park that I really want to share. So in short, only time will tell...

Brain Power!

1f37b4_17bef3bf2dd645099db78ce11cbb0073.jpg

I'm introducing this new section in which Brainstorms will be featured with brief descriptions. Love to hear what you guys think of it.:D

Improving the Great Movie Ride by @DisneyManOne
Known for his Whole New World series, @DisneyManOne has recently started an open brainstorm on the Great Movie Ride. Some of the ideas seen so far include a scene with the parting of the ocean from the Ten Commandments, a visit into Charle's Manor from Citizen Kane, and a scene in which riders escape from Atlanta in a blaze from Gone with the Wind just to name a few.
TAFI Brainstorming Series : Nintendo in Universal by @spacemt354
Known for competing in various competitions, and for being a judge in the ICS competition The Creator Games @spacemt354 has created a Brainstorming thread that theme changes what seems to be monthly. Right now the theme is incorporating Nintendo IPs into Universal parks. This week we saw the idea of an attraction by Kid Icarus : Uprising thrown into the mix by @Twilight_Roxas .

Now remeber anyone and everyone can contribute to Brainstorming threads there are no right or wrongs.

Mark Your Calendars

Monday - Opposite Day
Tuesday - National Peanut Brittle Day
Wednesday - Chocolate Cake Day
Thursday - National Kazoo Day & TAFI Throwback
Friday - National Puzzle Day
Saturday - National Croissant Day
Sunday - Inspire Your Heart with Art Day

Conclusion

I hope everyone had a fun time reading along. See you all next week where we bid January 2016 a gentle goodbye. So until then stay imagineery everyone! :D

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom