TAFI Town Hall

spacemt354

Chili's
2201519_orig.png

TAFI Newsletter
December 23, 2015

Introduction
Since Friday is Christmas and that really should be a day spent with family and friends and not online, I'm going to post the newsletter a few days in advance! There isn't much to discuss this week anyway, mostly just a few things to look forward to coming up in 2016, so with that we will get right into it!

2016 New Imagineering Events
In talking with a few people on the boards, I think it would be really neat for us to try some new things in 2016. We've gotten off to a great start so far, but I think this is just the beginning of something great.
As I was saying last week, the theme of the year for me is, "if you can dream it, you can do it." We have a nice foundation already set, so let's take it to the next step and really try to make this an engaging community of armchair imagineers.

For 2016 - somethings to definitely look out for starting soon:

Park Builders Unite! - originally designed as a web-based imagineering series where podcasters design a park live-on air, @TheOriginalTiki and @JokersWild will definitely be bringing this concept to a reality. Was just talking to them recently, and much like "Disney Debates" - the concept will alternate in web-based episodes and text-based episodes to broaden the exposure so that everyone who wants to participate can do so.

ICS Weekends - Saturday will be the launch of "Whose Line is it Anyway" as well as an ICS Weekends Hub thread. To keep all of these new threads organized in one central location - the ICS Weekends Hub Thread will be designed to link all of the threads together, provide a one stop shop for descriptions on the games for interested players, and the overall season point standings, keeping track of who has competed over the 2016 Season.

So far we have the following activities:

ICS Weekends: Imagineering Gameshows
ICS Weekends: Disney Debates
ICS Weekends: League of Dreamers
ICS Weekends: Whose Park is it Anyway?
ICS Weekends: Where's Walto? - (coming soon)
ICS Weekends: The Shark Tank - (coming soon)

Overall going into 2016, if we have a good group of threads that we can continue throughout the year and have enough so we can mix it up each week/weekend, we will be in great shape!

Re-Imagining Disney History Concept Threads - while the Imagineer Forum is very much about brainstorming, competitions, activities etc, I was trying to think of a new way to combine all of those things into one to do something different for 2016. I started the Imagineering Vault Series to test it out and I really enjoy researching and discussing Imagineering History...I think that could really be something to explore going into 2016. @Sam4D23 had an Alternate Worlds Thread going at some point last year, where he speculated what would have happened to WDW if Walt had passed away in the 1970s instead. Those kind of threads exploring Disney history and brainstorming/collaborating and designing concepts around the history could be something interesting to keep up throughout the year and beyond. I'm definitely enjoying the Vault thread - I'll keep it going and I'll try to make it as interactive as possible!

Also last two things - there are two continuous threads going on right now if you want to partake in, we could really use your help!

The TAFI Alliance Awards Nomination Thread - nominations are still open for anyone who wishes to submit. All are welcome
The WDWMAGIC Imagineering Forum Logo Competition - submissions will be accepted up until Sunday! 3 have been submitted already, but the more the merrier.

And on that merry note...Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!:happy:
tumblr_inline_my8xlfcDo91svanb2.gif

RMichael21

HELLLLLO WDWMAGIC!!! Before I begin, I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Chirstmas! While I know me being here right now is somewhat hypocritical, I want everyone to stay off of the boards and spend time with their family. And, if you aren't able to go visit family or friends this season, just know that your internet friends on WDWMAGIC will always be there for you. :)

Anyways, now onto The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island.
TheSoleImagineer Season 2- Redemption Island LOGO.jpg

Signups:
Signups will begin at an unannounced time on January 1st, 2016. The official competition thread will appear, and you must post that you're willing to play.

Start Time:
The actual competition start date has moved up to January 4th from January 9th. I was originally going to have a warm-up challenge, but I just decided to squeeze it into Episode 1 as a Reward Challenge. It'll be vital to win this one, as you could avoid a potential sticky situation. ;)

Castaways:
Some of you may know this, but there will be 16 slots available for The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island. No more and no less. This is because the game is specifically designed around the designated amount of people and twists, vote offs and pace of the game may be affected should there be less or more people. However, I'd recommend that you all keep a watchful eye on the forums throughout the day, as I expect slots to fill in about the same amount of time at The Creator Games! did back in April with almost all slots filling in under 24 hours or possibly even faster. Now, I'm very hesitant to say that, but I have seen A LOT of interest of the past few months, so I'm hoping to get a good mixture of returning players and people new to the game.

As many of you know, The Sole Imagineer debuted last year with a full website, showcasing the rules and archives of the season. Well, I'm pleased to introduce the all new and fully redesigned website! Complete with the run-down of how to play, how Redmeption Island will work and an all new Episode Recap blog, this new website will make it easier to understand The Sole Imagineer!

YOU CAN VISIT THE SITE HERE!

Last edited:

DSquared

So, I joined Youtube last night, and have a 'schedule' so to say of podcasts I will hopefully get to in the next few weeks before school.

I'll be live in a half an hour!!!

spacemt354

Chili's
Just two quick announcements to add to the announcement train the last few days! (Of which I'm excited for all of them!);)

First is that with the great start to Whose Park, next weekend will be the first trial run of another new ICS Weekends event that I just put the finishing touches on called:

"Where in the World?"

The premise being that I'll post a picture of a location in a Disney Park or Resort - with a little bit of ambiguity - and the first person to respond correctly with what the location is gets a point! With some pictures, a bonus question based on imagineering will be attached where you can get up to 2 points total! The photos will range from easy - medium - hard, but for the first game they all will be worth the same value, because what's hard for me may be easy for you and vice versa. If from the first run we find that there's an obvious distinction between easy - medium - hard photos, the point values will be adjusted accordingly the next time!

The "winner" will be the person who totals the most amount of correct locations through the weekend. Right now I have a photo bank of around 50 and it's shaping up to be a good time!

Second is the TAFI Brainstorming Series

With the end of the month coming, its time we change up the monthly brainstorming topic from extinct attractions to something else. What do you want to brainstorm in January? Whatever you suggest will be the topic for the month! And if there are multiple suggestions, then we just keep a tally of them and then we have the next few months planned out. But I wanted to ask you all for suggestions!

Thank you all!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom