TAFI Town Hall

Sam Magic

Coming, at some point between tonight and tomorrow will be the official TAFI Awards nomination thread! There you will nominate your picks for some of the best work of the year, after the nomination period has been complete, we will vote on the final nominees, then move to a final vote on the best out of those final nominees. The winners will be revealed January 1st. Any questions are to be directed to Sam4D23 through Personal Message.

Zweiland

When exactly will the E8 start? Tomorrow evening?
at-the-stroke-of-12-the-spell-will-be-broken.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
2201519_orig.png

TAFI Newsletter
December 5, 2015

Introduction
Greetings everyone! Sorry again it's a day late this week, but it is here again nonetheless, and I'm excited to talk about all the new things that popped up on the forums this week. It was a jam-packed schedule this week, so let's dive right into it!

Imagineering Competitions and Events
ICS Tournament II
1433432_orig.png

The Choice has finished, the seeding is set...and the epic year-end battle has begun! Hosted by @Zweiland, this year-end competition will be sure to end the year with a bang!

Challenge 1 for the competitors involves the implementation of MyMagic+ into the Disneyland Resort. This is a unique challenge that forces the contestants to think about the more technical side of Disney parks, so look out for this project Monday night at 5pm EST.

#1 - RMichael21 vs. #8 - Sam4D23
#2 - IDInstitute vs. #7 - JokersWild
#3 - tcool123 vs. #6 - DSquared
#4 - Matt7187 vs. #5 - TheOriginalTiki

A Final Festivus: Imagineering for the Rest of Us

Festivus_zpsr61qdyye.jpg

In celebration of all the new and interested members on the forums, and for those who didn't make it into the Elite Eight, @MonorailRed and myself started "A Final Festivus: Imagineering for the Rest of Us" which is a competition that parallels the Elite Eight and allows more people to be involved in competitive imagineering this holiday season.

It was very exciting to see 14 members sign up to be a part of A Final Festivus! The first challenge was released last Tuesday, and involves designing an airport and entrance plaza based on the original WDW plans from the late 1960s! Be sure to check out the results next Wednesday December 9th at 8PM EST!

League of Dreamers: A New Beginning
4018227924_7150f80101_b.jpg

The first challenge for League of Dreamers was posted by the team of 11 imagineers Saturday night, and DisneyManOne gave it a positive review! Now we are onto the second land...Adventureland, which will be due tonight at 12am PST. Look out tomorrow for results and the new challenge!

Future Competition Schedule
ICS Tournament II - December 1st - December 31st
The Final Festivus - December 1st - December 31st
League of Dreamers - continuous
The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island - January 2016

The Great Disney Race - 2016

Individual Spotlights
@MANEATINGWREATH has a spectacular Nintendo Brainstorming thread going on right now. For any fans of Nintendo you should definitely go over there and check it out. Some great ideas being thrown around!

@DlpPhantom has an "Improving Disneyland Paris" thread open, which articulates a lot of solid ideas to help the park into the future.

The TAFI Alliance Award Nomination period has begun! With a few submissions already in, be sure to nominate your favorite projects of the year on the thread! Nomination period ends December 10th. Below is the link and list of nomination categories.
TAFI Alliance Awards

The Nomination Categories are:
Best Park
Best Resort
Best Hotel
Best Attraction
Best Land
Best General Concept
Best Group Presentation
Best Individual Presentation
Best Art
Best Team
Best Imagineer All-Around
Best Artist
Most Innovative Concept
Best Judge or Host
Best Video
Best Imagineering Thread

Social Media

The SoYouWantToBeAnImagineer YouTube channel - the official wdwmagic hub for all imagineering competition recap podcasts. It's a truly fantastic channel and tons of contributions from people all around the forums. Below you can check out our Elite Eight predictions Tiki and I made last Sunday!

On The Horizons

ICS Weekends - with 2 of the 4 scheduled ICS Weekends ideas off the ground and running (Disney Debates and League of Dreamers), if anyone else has any other game-type events, or small competition ideas they wish to start, by all means post it to Town Hall! The more the merrier as the goal is to have more activities to choose from and more to do on the forums as a whole, together!

TAFI Brainstorming Series - the first edition of TAFI Brainstorming has begun! This month's topic will revolve around Extinct Attractions and how to update them to fit the present day theme parks. What would a current day Horizons refurb look like? How would you update attractions like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? And where would these attractions fit in the theme park landscape? If you all have any feedback on it I'd be glad to hear it. And if you like it, what other topics would you like to see in the coming months?

Imagineering Forum Logo 2016 - as we are coming down to the end of the year, it might be time to decide on our logo for the new year. Last year, we had some very nice logo designs, with ultimately Sam4D23's logo becoming the winner (the logo at the top of the newsletter):

If anyone has any ideas about next year's logo, or if you just want to update this logo above, feel free to comment below and discuss!

For reference this was last year's logo competition

Conclusion
Once again, we have come to the conclusion of another edition of the TAFI Newsletter. Tune in next week and for now have a great time imagineering! :)

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Just a few things I forgot to mention in the newsletter yesterday that I wanted to see everyone's opinion on...

I enjoy the nuanced style of Disney Debates and I think the trial run went really well a few weeks ago. I think it brings a different spin to some of the things we do.

Would anyone like to contribute to an Imagineering "gameshow" type thread on here for ICS Weekends? The topics and questions we come up with can also be relevant to past Imagineering competitions here as well! If we adopted a jeopardy style show for instance, one of the categories could be "The Sole Imagineer" or "The Creator Games"...where we would have to remember who did what in the competition. We can also have broader Disney categories as well. We can also change up the style of the show based on what people want to see or how they want questions asked. Just something I was thinking of for the future!

Also, after the busy holiday season, and more towards the summer, @Voxel had proposed an idea that I really liked called Imagineer Brawl.

Basically, it would be much like an MLB All-Star Game or something of that nature, where we could vote in the contestants we want to see compete, and then they face each other in crazy, out of the box challenges. It would be an opportunity to see matchups that you might not see any other time, and act as a fun, mid-summer Elite Eight type game. This sounds very promising to me, and could probably work into ICS Weekends too. If everyone likes it then this would be a great idea to hold onto till the summer.

Lastly, I believe the imagineer forum logo competition was held this past February, I was thinking maybe we bump it up to January? Or after Christmas, that way more people will be available to submit logos and we can have it be the logo for the full year. @DSquared has us off to a great start! If anyone has any thoughts on that...I'd be interested to hear it.

That's about it! :)

DinoInstitute

Would anyone like to contribute to an Imagineering "gameshow" type thread on here for ICS Weekends? The topics and questions we come up with can also be relevant to past Imagineering competitions here as well! If we adopted a jeopardy style show for instance, one of the categories could be "The Sole Imagineer" or "The Creator Games"...where we would have to remember who did what in the competition. We can also have broader Disney categories as well. We can also change up the style of the show based on what people want to see or how they want questions asked. Just something I was thinking of for the future!
Sure! PM me for more info! :)

tcool123

Just a few things I forgot to mention in the newsletter yesterday that I wanted to see everyone's opinion on...

I enjoy the nuanced style of Disney Debates and I think the trial run went really well a few weeks ago. I think it brings a different spin to some of the things we do.

Also, after the busy holiday season, and more towards the summer, @Voxel had proposed an idea that I really liked called Imagineer Brawl.

Basically, it would be much like an MLB All-Star Game or something of that nature, where we could vote in the contestants we want to see compete, and then they face each other in crazy, out of the box challenges. It would be an opportunity to see matchups that you might not see any other time, and act as a fun, mid-summer Elite Eight type game. This sounds very promising to me, and could probably work into ICS Weekends too. If everyone likes it then this would be a great idea to hold onto till the summer.

Lastly, I believe the imagineer forum logo competition was held this past February, I was thinking maybe we bump it up to January? Or after Christmas, that way more people will be available to submit logos and we can have it be the logo for the full year. @DSquared has us off to a great start! If anyone has any thoughts on that...I'd be interested to hear it.

That's about it! :)
The Disney Debates was fun, and my thoughts on what I remember in that video is that I think Toy Story 3 is the better Toy Story film, and that Baymax would be cool in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as a balloon since he basically already is.

The game show sounds like a lot of fun, and that I wouldn't mind competing in that. Along with the concept by Vox.

I agree about moving up the logo comp.

spacemt354

Chili's
The Disney Debates was fun, and my thoughts on what I remember in that video is that I think Toy Story 3 is the better Toy Story film, and that Baymax would be cool in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as a balloon since he basically already is.

The game show sounds like a lot of fun, and that I wouldn't mind competing in that. Along with the concept by Vox.

I agree about moving up the logo comp.
Cool thanks! :D

@TheOriginalTiki or @DSquared if you're up for doing another one of those debates in a few weeks I'd be game.

IDI and I have a quiz bank already started with a bunch of Jeopardy type questions, so look for him to make an announcement on the specifics for the imagineering gameshow sometime this week. Our goal is to test it out this coming weekend!

DSquared

Cool thanks! :D

@TheOriginalTiki or @DSquared if you're up for doing another one of those debates in a few weeks I'd be game.

IDI and I have a quiz bank already started with a bunch of Jeopardy type questions, so look for him to make an announcement on the specifics for the imagineering gameshow sometime this week. Our goal is to test it out this coming weekend!
I may be able to join in. I've been messing with my old laptop and may be able to get on Hangouts with a decent mic.

Just maybe though.

spacemt354

Chili's
2201519_orig.png

TAFI Newsletter
December 11, 2015

Introduction
Greetings everyone, and happy early Friday! While a busy week in the real world for all on the forums, we do have some things to talk about and certain new announcements to look forward to this weekend as well!

Imagineering Competitions and Events
ICS Tournament II
1433432_orig.png

Challenge 1 for the competitors involves the implementation of MyMagic+ into the Disneyland Resort and the results came in this past Monday night! With 7 great projects, it was a tough decision for guest judge sshindel, but the winners moved on to the Final Four.

#1 - RMichael21 vs. #5 - TheOriginalTiki
#2 - IDInstitute vs. #3 - tcool123

The Final Four are now tasked with designing a new nighttime parade for Shanghai Disneyland Resort! Check back Monday night for the results of this international event!

A Final Festivus: Imagineering for the Rest of Us

Festivus_zpsr61qdyye.jpg

In celebration of all the new and interested members on the forums, and for those who didn't make it into the Elite Eight, @MonorailRed and myself started "A Final Festivus: Imagineering for the Rest of Us" which is a competition that parallels the Elite Eight and allows more people to be involved in competitive imagineering this holiday season.

This week, we have had 4 new additions to the teams, Matt7187, DSquared, ctxak98, and David2319. The project due date has also been extended to Saturday at 8PM EST so tune in this weekend for that!

League of Dreamers: A New Beginning
Frontierland,_Disneyland_Paris,_France.jpg

The second challenge was posted by the team of 11 imagineers last Saturday night, and DisneyManOne gave it another positive review! Now we are onto the third land..Frontierland, which will be due tonight at 12am PST. Look out tomorrow for results and the new challenge!

Future Competition Schedule
ICS Tournament II - December 1st - December 31st
The Final Festivus - December 1st - December 31st
League of Dreamers - continuous
The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island - January 2016

The Great Disney Race - 2016

Individual Spotlights
with a smile and a song... - @The90skid will soon return with the next edition of his long-running thread of projects, so tune in sometime this weekend for the next idea!

The TAFI Alliance Award Nomination period has begun! With a few submissions already in, be sure to nominate your favorite projects of the year on the thread! It will be fun to see who ends up being nominated. Nomination period ends December 15th. Below is the link and list of nomination categories.
TAFI Alliance Awards

The Nomination Categories are:
Best Park
Best Resort
Best Hotel
Best Attraction
Best Land
Best General Concept
Best Group Presentation
Best Individual Presentation
Best Art
Best Team
Best Imagineer All-Around
Best Artist
Most Innovative Concept
Best Judge or Host
Best Video
Best Imagineering Thread

Social Media

The SoYouWantToBeAnImagineer YouTube channel - the official wdwmagic hub for all imagineering competition recap podcasts. It's a truly fantastic channel and tons of contributions from people all around the forums. Below you can check out our brand new Elite Eight Challenge 1 Recap Tiki and I made just a few hours ago!

On The Horizons

ICS Weekends - Exciting news! Coming on Saturday night @IDInstitute will host a new thread entitled:
"Imagineering Gameshows"

Each weekend (or bi-weekend), members can participate in gameshow style Imagineering trivia contests as a part of ICS Weekends. For the trial run this Saturday night, the gameshow theme will be of Imagineering Jeopardy! Tune in Saturday if you'd like to participate in this fun event. All are welcome!
jeopardy.jpg

Imagineering Forum Logo 2016 - as we are coming down to the end of the year, it might be time to decide on our logo for the new year. Last year, we had some very nice logo designs, with ultimately Sam4D23's logo becoming the winner (the logo at the top of the newsletter):

If anyone has any ideas about next year's logo, or if you just want to update this logo above, feel free to comment below and discuss!

For reference this was last year's logo competition

Conclusion
Once again, we have come to the conclusion of another edition of the TAFI Newsletter. Tune in next week and for now have a great time imagineering! :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom