TAFI Town Hall

MonorailRed

Applebees
Imagineering Forum Logo 2016 - as we are coming down to the end of the year, it might be time to decide on our logo for the new year. Last year, we had some very nice logo designs, with ultimately Sam4D23's logo becoming the winner (the logo at the top of the newsletter):

If anyone has any ideas about next year's logo, or if you just want to update this logo above, feel free to comment below and discuss!

For reference this was last year's logo competition

hatlogo_zpscwxatvx7.png

I may update and do a different font....

Sam Magic

Best of luck! (with both!) I'm sure you'll do well.
Well the other candidate is from one of the public high schools and she's running a strong campaign, but you can always buy votes with some breakfast, position manipulation, and emotional manipulation. ;)

The way our nomination process works is like this:

Each school has two votes. They can choose to give them all to one candidate or give one to each (vote splitting). There are roughly five-seven schools coming which means 10-14 votes overall. Now to win a candidate must get a majority and sense this district nomination includes the public and private schools in our city (the schools that attend) traditionally the public schools vote for the public school nominees and the private schools vote for the private school nominees.

In recent years this meant that the Baton Rouge district could never get its stuff together because someone from one of the schools would win and the other schools would be mad and vote for another person at the conference. Over the past year I, along with others, have sought to unify our school district against a competing district and win back control. However, this nomination process could divide us.

So I have reached out to the public schools, to get them to either split votes or worked to get officers who didn't like that idea impeached and put in my own friends. It's a little dirty, but come January I'll have unity and the nomination.

spacemt354

Chili's
Well the other candidate is from one of the public high schools and she's running a strong campaign, but you can always buy votes with some breakfast, position manipulation, and emotional manipulation. ;)

The way our nomination process works is like this:

Each school has two votes. They can choose to give them all to one candidate or give one to each (vote splitting). There are roughly five-seven schools coming which means 10-14 votes overall. Now to win a candidate must get a majority and sense this district nomination includes the public and private schools in our city (the schools that attend) traditionally the public schools vote for the public school nominees and the private schools vote for the private school nominees.

In recent years this meant that the Baton Rouge district could never get its stuff together because someone from one of the schools would win and the other schools would be mad and vote for another person at the conference. Over the past year I, along with others, have sought to unify our school district against a competing district and win back control. However, this nomination process could divide us.

So I have reached out to the public schools, to get them to either split votes or worked to get officers who didn't like that idea impeached and put in my own friends. It's a little dirty, but come January I'll have unity and the nomination.
I gotta give you props I would never be able to do that:p

Hopefully it works out!

spacemt354

Chili's
Just wanted to plop this down and see what everyone thinks. I was just going to write it in the Newsletter on Friday, but it's on my mind now and I'll write it out in case I forget :p

I really am happy at the response to the ICS Weekends stuff! Next weekend, Disney Debates is going to do the first trial run of the text-based debates on the forum and we can also do another round of Imagineering Gameshows if everyone wants! The weekend after that and leading into New Years, since it was asked about by @DisneyManOne , we (@IDInstitute and myself) are going to do the first run of "Whose Park is it Anyway?"

For people who haven't seen the show, "Whose Line is it Anyway?" is basically an improv comedy where people have to act out different scenarios.

The initial plan is to do two segments from the show - "Questions Only" and instead of the Props segment, we will substitute it for "Gif and Pictures"...

For the Questions Only, the participants (how ever many there are) have to keep up a conversation with each other based around a Disney Parks scenario...using only questions. Some scenarios I was thinking of (and if anyone has any ideas feel free to add them!)

1 - You're waiting in a 120 minute line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
2 - You're a new guest asking for directions to the Nemo Musical in Epcot.
3 - You go to Universal Studios Orlando thinking it's Disney's Hollywood Studios

For the Gifs and Pictures, the prop segment that they do on the show usually involves the participants creating a string of scenes with the props, but here...the objective would be to reply to a topic using only gifs or pictures, and each one has to flow off the other.

So we could start off by saying something as a conversation starter:

"Your reactions to Disney announcing an E-ticket restroom!"

1st person
Steve-Carell-The-Office-GIF.gif

2nd person
giphy.gif

3rd person
tumblr_inline_mmlkuyJqsH1qz4rgp.gif

And then it goes on and on until another topic is posted. :p

This concept was part of the original idea for ICS Weekends way back when, so it'd be neat to bring it to life now! If anyone has any suggestions or is interested, comment below! Thanks everyone!

spacemt354

Chili's
2201519_orig.png

TAFI Newsletter
December 18, 2015

Introduction
Greetings everyone! The newsletter will be structured a little differently this week, mostly because there's a few things to focus on, but also because I want to mix it up and not have it rehash the same things each week. And since Star Wars is still on my mind (and might be for the foreseeable future:cool:)...I'll sprinkle some elements to help this week's theme. With that, let's punch it!:D
Hiperespacio-Star-Wars-800x343.jpg

(some reading music too...I love this new track!)

Imagineering Competitions and Events

2015 ICS Elite Eight

The two finalists @tcool123 and @TheOriginalTiki will receive their challenge soon and begin the final competitive challenge of the 2015 Season. It's been a great year...and one I think we should all be proud to have been a part of. Let's rally around these two great members of the community and end on a high note heading into 2016!

ICS Weekends - Disney Debates

Currently going on now and throughout the weekend, Tiki, tcool123, and myself will be debating Disney topics ranging from films to parks, in a format based on the ScreenJunkies show "Movie Fights" Acting as judge and host is the creator of this event @DSquared

ICS Weekends - Imagineering Gameshows
Last weekend I was so happy at the response to the Jeopardy game. Thank you once again to Flippin'Flounder, tcool123, IAmNotAHufflepuff, DSquared, and DisneyManOne for contributing to the first show! Tomorrow, we'll post a new gameshow...how would you like to try something based around "The Price is Right" where you guess ticket prices, merchandise costs, attraction costs, etc? Figured a different spin to keep it fresh each installment

ICS Weekends - Whose Park is it Anyway?

Upon request and interest, this will go through its trial run next weekend! I posted a "pilot" type episode so to speak in the post above, so look forward to that next weekend!

On The Horizons
star-wars-episode-iv-new-hope.jpg

2016 is less than 2 weeks away....time flies.

Coming up, we have the TAFI Alliance Awards Ceremony on December 31st plus the ongoing Imagineer Forum Logo Competition, which will also be revealed on December 31st!

Immediately following that...we head straight into The Sole Imagineer Season 2 - Redemption Island...the sequel to the epic competition based on Survivor and hosted by @RMichael21

And this is also where I wanted to talk about the forum as a whole going into 2016. I feel like we can go through an "awakening" of our own...we've grown so much over the last few years and over the last few months I have scattered the forum, looking back at the history for Throwback Thursday topics...I think we need to put this year into perspective.

Never in the 14 year history of the forum have a group of imagineers been able to accomplish what you all have accomplished this year. An entire year of organized imagineering competitions that not only start...but finish, and produce excellent content that will last in the archives forever. Go back and look or take my word for it, it has never happened...not like this. An astounding 39 people competed in ICS competitions alone (almost double the amount of last year)....that's not even including the amazing contestants from the 1984 competition, The Great Disney Race, The League of Dreamers AND the awesome new members we have gotten over the last few months.

My point here is that this is just the beginning. If we work together, we accomplish great things. Going into 2016, I was thinking about a motto to go by..sort of a New Years Resolution...kinda cliche in the Disney realm, but I think it speaks to this forum.

"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Basically, if you have an idea...go for it. This forum is built on people posting their ideas...that's what it's intended for (at least that's what it says under Imagineer forum on the home page:p).

My wish going into next year is for us to keep growing and creating new experiences.

The ICS Weekends are going to happen full time throughout 2016.. I promise you that, and I'd really like to see them count for ICS points as well as an added bonus for participating. I'd like to try and get some more weekly threads going...stuff revolving around possibly Imagineering history, concept art related material, things like that. And more too...really the only ceiling we have is one we set ourselves.

To sum up...I "don't" have a bad feeling about this;) In fact, I have a great feeling about this forum and the direction its heading. I envision this place really taking off next year.

That's it for now, thanks and may the force be with you!:happy:

Flippin'Flounder

The ICS Weekends are going to happen full time throughout 2016.. I promise you that, and I'd really like to see them count for ICS points as well as an added bonus for participating. I'd like to try and get some more weekly threads going...stuff revolving around possibly Imagineering history, concept art related material, things like that. And more too...really the only ceiling we have is one we set ourselves.
I think they should count for ICS points. For small ones like Gameshows, maybe just 1 or 2 points for the winner, and for large ones like LoD, it could be half of what you would get in a regular comp. They are ICS Weekends after all.

spacemt354

Chili's
I think they should count for ICS points. For small ones like Gameshows, maybe just 1 or 2 points for the winner, and for large ones like LoD, it could be half of what you would get in a regular comp. They are ICS Weekends after all.
Exactly my thoughts!

What I figured was on average for a comp each round is a week, so if you advanced in a comp for that week, "on average", you'd gain a point.

So for participating in an ICS Weekend Game Event I think it's fair to get a point as well. If you win, as an added bonus, you get 2 points. The LoD type stuff I agree can be structured differently because it involves more time. This way, you're absolutely right...it's called "ICS" Weekends, you should get points...and that way it also entices people to return knowing they will be rewarded for participation.

RMichael21

Exactly my thoughts!

What I figured was on average for a comp each round is a week, so if you advanced in a comp for that week, "on average", you'd gain a point.

So for participating in an ICS Weekend Game Event I think it's fair to get a point as well. If you win, as an added bonus, you get 2 points. The LoD type stuff I agree can be structured differently because it involves more time. This way, you're absolutely right...it's called "ICS" Weekends, you should get points...and that way it also entices people to return knowing they will be rewarded for participation.
Honestly, I think that that goes completely what ICS weekends were originally for. They're supposed to be a stress-free activity to do when you don't want to or don't have time in an actual competition. And, they're meant to be something that could be fun on the side, as not everything has to count towards points. Having them count for points just adds stress, and makes it almost required to participate to be a part of the E8 if you can get 3 points a weekend. That's just my 2 cents though.

spacemt354

Chili's
Honestly, I think that that goes completely what ICS weekends were originally for. They're supposed to be a stress-free activity to do when you don't want to or don't have time in an actual competition. And, they're meant to be something that could be fun on the side, as not everything has to count towards points. Having them count for points just adds stress, and makes it almost required to participate to be a part of the E8 if you can get 3 points a weekend. That's just my 2 cents though.
I'm not sure how it adds stress.

It's just a reward for participating and dedicating your time, and a thanks for doing it. Perhaps keep it a separate standings from the comp stuff though. But I think it would be fun to keep track of who wins and plays throughout the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom