Starbucks among other new vendors at Disney

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Your full of it.

Original Poster

pjkdog said: ↑

Your full of it.

Mybe you need to go back and take acloser look.

Bubba gump
Emerald
Jimmy buffitts
Bread box
Menchies
Burger King
Cold stone
Starbucks
Cinnabon
Moe,s southwest grill
Panda Express
Richter burger

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Those are not in the park...except for Richter which is not a franchise...for that matter Emerils is a unique restaurant. You said that Islands of Adventure was loaded with franchise places...please name a few...or are you just trolling now?

Original Poster

pjkdog said: ↑

Your full of it.

Let me take you to school, franchise places in universal, right off their web site under quick service....... Maybe you have never been there

Bubba gump
Emerald
Jimmy buffitts
Bread box
Menchies
Burger King
Cold stone
Starbucks
Cinnabon
Moe,s southwest grill
Panda Express
Richter burger

Club Cooloholic

They are listed as quick service in universal!
the point is you said there were none and I showed you there are. Just read Universal quick service vendors. They have franchise resturants in UNI bottom line and I would hate to see Disney become what Universal has become. Sorry you can't admit your made a mistake.

BTW- this was my original post-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when I was there I saw many franchise places in the Island of adventure areas. Maybe it has changed?
Are you saying that UNI has surpassed WDW?
Again you refuse to list any in Islands of Adventure that you actually saw. Your a troll. Your making things up and failing to back them up. Everything you listed is in Citywalk. By your definition Disney is already like Uni because of the many franchises in DisneySprings and on the propery. Your gonna have to start writing complaint letters to Hess, McDonalds, Earl of Sandwich, Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood...etc. start writing now and dont stop! We will see you back on here in a few days good luck!

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
In your first post you stated it was family members who told you about these so-called franchises in the park, and now you're saying you yourself saw them in the park. Which is it?

Also all the ones you listed were CityWalk. Do you want me to list all of the ones that appear in Disney Springs?

They are not all in citywalk,
here are the citywalk ones listed in their site.

The Cowfish®
Vivo Italian Kitchen
Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food
Hard Rock Cafe®
Hot Dog Hall of Fame®
Red Oven Pizza BakerySM
Emeril’s® Restaurant Orlando
Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville®
Bob Marley–A Tribute to Freedom
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant & Market
NBA City
Pat O’Brien’s

here are the ones I lsted................................................................

Bubba gump
Emeril
Jimmy buffets
Bread box
Menchies
Burger King
Cold stone
Starbucks
Cinnabon
Moe,s southwest grill
Panda Express
Richter burger

Last edited:

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
LETS GET BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POINT.

The starbucks takeover of the Main Street Bakery and how to make sure we do not continue on that path. Starbucks is a great company but we lost something in the takeover and that was the uniquness of the baked goods at the bakery. How do we get is back and maintain the main street we know and love.
This is about the MSB and nothing else.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Quite simple- don't go in there. Encourage others not to go in there. If they lose enough money, they'll pull out or change things.

I agree that was the point of this thread, I'm not starting a boycott of starbucks but trying to point out the problem as Disney fans may see it and initiate some change. I have taken steps to contact and have spoken with both Disney and Starbucks representatives. The more people that comment the better chance we have to make a change. If we sit back and say nothing then the trend will continue, I can gurantee that much. I posted the contact information in an earlier post for others to use if they feel so moved to do so.

SO LET'S AT LEAST BRING BACK THE BUNS

Last edited:

Disnee4Me

if the pastries were not the same ones you could buy anywhere else that would be different but they are not. If they kept the baked goods from the old bakery and just had the coffee selection that would have been fine but they did not. It is a slippery slope I just want Disney to be a different experience and main street was just that BUT if some day I enter main street and all I see is fast food and merch franchises that I can get any where in the country it will be over for me. Wheres the Disney Magic in that ????

its a slow process but one day you go to Disney and bam its a different Disney it sjust an amusement park.
and like I said I love the starbucks company they are righteous people and a good franchise to partner with if you have to partner with someone.
I agree, bring in the coffee (which I don't drink personally - tea lover) but keep the regular pastries that were always there and that would have been great!!

James J

In the Parks
No

The Cowfish®
Vivo Italian Kitchen
Hard Rock Cafe®
Hot Dog Hall of Fame®
Red Oven Pizza BakerySM
NBA City
Pat O’Brien’s

here are the ones I lsted................................................................

Bubba gump
Emeril
Jimmy buffets
Bread box
Menchies
Burger King
Cold stone
Starbucks
Cinnabon
Moe,s southwest grill
Panda Express
Richter burger

The ones you've listed are all in Citywalk, as has been stated numerous times. The Universal website isn't the best, but you can find the pages where it lists the dining at each park:

https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/Universal-Studios-Florida-Dining.aspx

https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/Islands-of-Adventure-Dining.aspx

And here are the restaurants you've listed, clearly on the Citywalk page: https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/CityWalk-Casual-Dining.aspx

If you'd actually been to Universal/IoA, you'd probably have known where these were...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
LETS GET BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POINT.

The starbucks takeover of the Main Street Bakery and how to make sure we do not continue on that path. Starbucks is a great company but we lost something in the takeover and that was the uniquness of the baked goods at the bakery. How do we get is back and maintain the main street we know and love.
This is about the MSB and nothing else.
Who's we?

And you do realize TWDC has always partnered with other corporations, for food or otherwise?

So it's not just Universal....

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
The ones you've listed are all in Citywalk, as has been stated numerous times. The Universal website isn't the best, but you can find the pages where it lists the dining at each park:

https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/Universal-Studios-Florida-Dining.aspx

https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/Islands-of-Adventure-Dining.aspx

And here are the restaurants you've listed, clearly on the Citywalk page: https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/CityWalk-Casual-Dining.aspx

If you'd actually been to Universal/IoA, you'd probably have known where these were...

At this point the issue is the MSB and Starbucks takeover and the loss of the baked goods. This discussion is moving far from the issue. If there web site is wrong so be it, we can start a new thread to get universals web site corrected.

Matt_Black

I agree that was the point of this thread, I'm not starting a boycott of starbucks but trying to point out the problem as Disney fans may see it and initiate some change. I have taken steps to contact and have spoken with both Disney and Starbucks representatives. The more people that comment the better chance we have to make a change. If we sit back and say nothing then the trend will continue, I can gurantee that much. I posted the contact information in an earlier post for others to use if they feel so moved to do so.

SO LET'S AT LEAST BRING BACK THE BUNS

Not even a boycott. Just don't use the Main Street Starbucks.

Jon81uk

The Cowfish®
Vivo Italian Kitchen
Hard Rock Cafe®
Hot Dog Hall of Fame®
Red Oven Pizza BakerySM
NBA City
Pat O’Brien’s

Bubba gump
Emeril
Jimmy buffets
Bread box
Menchies
Burger King
Cold stone
Starbucks
Cinnabon
Moe,s southwest grill
Panda Express
Richter burger

Other than Starbucks they are all in CityWalk. Similar to DownTown Disney / Springs.
At DTD you can find the following;
House of Blues,
Wolfgang Puck,
Cirque Du Soleil,
Planet Hollywood
Basin
Rainforest Cafe
Lego
Ghiradelli
Earl of Sandwich
And many more non-Disney stores/restaurants.

And Disney are opening more and more third party places at Disney Springs too.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
the orgiinal point is that Starbucks took over the MSB and now we do not have fresh made baked goods. The unique bakery is gone from Main Street and that is a bad move on Disneys part. Main Street to me is sacred to Disneys idea of Main Street. Bottom Line bring back the baked goods and keep the coffee.

Thank You

a2grafix

That's just an estimate. I havent been to WDW in years so i cant comment on how many are actually in each park xD.

In addition to the cafes in the four parks, don't forget the original Starbucks that has been around since 2007 at the Shades of Green.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom