Starbucks among other new vendors at Disney

jensenrick

Honestly, the food at MSB was hardly mind blowing. It was ok.

I'd rather have a decent iced coffee from Starbucks that a mediocre muffin from MSB. But that's me..

I totally agree. I got a cinnamon roll once from the old MSB years ago, and never again. But we always stop at Starbucks for the artisan breakfast sandwich (whether we are at WDW or not).

daisyduckie

Again Gaston's has some but THEY ARE NOT THE SAME! Cannot stress that enough and @POLY LOVER and many others on here can attest to the differences that have eaten both! :banghead:

They took the cinnamon buns out of the Main Street Bakery prior to adding Starbucks. Disney decided to change the rolls for some reason. Blaming Starbucks for it is ridiculous.

Matt_Black

That's not entirely accurate. Main Street Bakery as it was was still open serving their buns when Gaston's opened with their different buns. The idea, I believe, was to provide variety.

squidward

They took the cinnamon buns out of the Main Street Bakery prior to adding Starbucks. Disney decided to change the rolls for some reason. Blaming Starbucks for it is ridiculous.

If they did, I never noticed it, and I would bet good money (not proudly) that I've eaten more of the cinnamon rolls from the Main Street Bakery than anyone else on this thread. I don't blame Starbucks. I blame Disney for being cheap.

And for the record, the ones at Gaston's aren't the same. They're smaller, not made fresh, and use a different glaze. They're not bad, but they're not as moist due to lack of freshness.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No the rolls were still there AND still the same until the day MSB closed. I ate there right before it closed for the change to Starbucks. They were never removed/"changed" and if so we noticed no difference.
The only time we noticed a difference was at Gaston's and was a considerable difference. We had one from MSB and Gaston's on the same trip!! Both were open mid DEC 2013 when Fantasyland first opened and for several more months. So yes they were not changed in the MSB even when Gaston's was selling them at the same time. :banghead:
Also most of us don't just care about the cinnamon rolls,we had lots of favorites the MSB offered before Starbucks took over that you cannot get elsewhere in the parks etc. Not just about the Cinnamon Rolls. And if if they kept it still the same but just ADDED Starbuck's coffee most of us would have been thrilled! Sadly that was not the case. Also all seating inside was taken away as well. Always was a great escape from the elements and to sit and relax.. :(

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
That's not entirely accurate. Main Street Bakery as it was was still open serving their buns when Gaston's opened with their different buns. The idea, I believe, was to provide variety.
Yeah I don't know where @daisyduckie and a few others on this board got that info! Lol! Those of us that ate both when both locations were open at the SAME time know the 2 rolls were totally different from each other. They were both selling cinnamon rolls for several months before MSB closed for the change to Starbucks. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
What kind of spin nonsense is that claim about the buns being removed prior to the takeover. That is so not true, I spoke to the rep fromstarbucks and he never stated that because it never happened that way, let's not make up facts to support an obvious mis step at Disney. I,m down here this week and when I pass the Main Street bakery I will be sad that I can,t stop in for some fresh baked goods and a comfy place to sit and enjoy.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
If anyone thinks the buns are the same then they must believe that package microwaved pastry are better than fresh baked and that is sad. Hey let's open a toaster strudel shop on Main Street and make a fortune

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Staring rolls in DHS seems to have been able to keep baking great unique pastries an serve coffee. This should have been the Main Street model for Starbucks.

daisyduckie

What kind of spin nonsense is that claim about the buns being removed prior to the takeover. That is so not true, I spoke to the rep fromstarbucks and he never stated that because it never happened that way, let's not make up facts to support an obvious mis step at Disney. I,m down here this week and when I pass the Main Street bakery I will be sad that I can,t stop in for some fresh baked goods and a comfy place to sit and enjoy.

I'm not making things up. And I would believe a rep from starbucks as much as I would believe a bus driver about what goes on in the parks (no offence to any bus drivers here), which means I wouldn't believe them. Starbucks may have their own rolls, but Disney stopped serving their original rolls before they added Starbucks to the MSB. I agree a lot of people miss them, but I blame Disney for that and not Starbucks.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
No attack on Starbucks this is a Disney bad decision. They are the ones that could have fixed this issue by not selling out totally to Starbucks. Bring back the cakes and keep the coffee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom