Starbucks among other new vendors at Disney

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
WOW some people are what my Grandmother used to say are THICK. I LOVE FREAKIN STARBUCKS , I JUST HATE THE TAKEOVER OF THE BAKERY AND THE LOSS OF THE FRESH MADE BAKED GOODS. OPEN A HUNDRED OF THEM AROUND THE PARKS WHO CARES THE ISSUE IS THE MSB ONLY.

BaconPancakes

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
WOW some people are what my Grandmother used to say are THICK. I LOVE FREAKIN STARBUCKS , I JUST HATE THE TAKEOVER OF THE BAKERY AND THE LOSS OF THE FRESH MADE BAKED GOODS. OPEN A HUNDRED OF THEM AROUND THE PARKS WHO CARES THE ISSUE IS THE MSB ONLY.
Actually, we already have someone here about living up to that moniker. But don't let that keep you from trying....

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
the orgiinal point is that Starbucks took over the MSB and now we do not have fresh made baked goods. The unique bakery is gone from Main Street and that is a bad move on Disneys part. Main Street to me is sacred to Disneys idea of Main Street. Bottom Line bring back the baked goods and keep the coffee.

Thank You

Im pretty sure you can find baked goods anywhere in the park. Its not that big of a deal...

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Im pretty sure you can find baked goods anywhere in the park. Its not that big of a deal...

no you actually can't find fresh made baked goods anywhere in the park like the MSB, I wish you could. The MSB was unique to Main Street USA

anchorman314

You keep going back to this concept of "fresh made baked goods". Can anyone here share, from first-hand experience, if the MSB actually ever made things on premises? I get that the cinnamon rolls were, at a minimum, heated on-stage. But was anything ever actually baked from start to finish in this location? And doesn't the current incarnation of MSB still offer most of the same baked Disney treats like the cookies, brownies, and cupcakes?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
You keep going back to this concept of "fresh made baked goods". Can anyone here share, from first-hand experience, if the MSB actually ever made things on premises? I get that the cinnamon rolls were, at a minimum, heated on-stage. But was anything ever actually baked from start to finish in this location? And doesn't the current incarnation of MSB still offer most of the same baked Disney treats like the cookies, brownies, and cupcakes?

The current STARBUCKS MSB does not offer the same items that the Original MBS did.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does second hand experience from a first had source count?;)

I had a friend that worked the MSB prior to Starbucks (2006-2007) and pretty much everything aside from the cakes were baked on the premises. MSB was an actual bakery as the title suggested.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Does second hand experience from a first had source count?;)

I had a friend that worked the MSB prior to Starbucks (2006-2007) and pretty much everything aside from the cakes were baked on the premises. MSB was an actual bakery as the title suggested.

OH LORD THANK YOU we can finally put this to rest. It was a bakery!!!!! and now it is no longer. Thank you master yoda

Last edited:

Berret

In the Parks
No
OH LORD THANK YOU we can finally put this to rest. It was a bakery!!!!! and now it is no longer.

I think it was put to rest a LONG time ago, like when you first started this thread. I really don't see how yammering on and on about it is going to change anything. We ALL know you don't like the change, and that you don't want Starbucks or others of its ilk to be anywhere near WDW. Fine. Great. I, for one, am happy it's there. I hope they put one in every corner of WDW so I can get my espresso on whenever I need some. :hungry:

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I think it was put to rest a LONG time ago, like when you first started this thread. I really don't see how yammering on and on about it is going to change anything. We ALL know you don't like the change, and that you don't want Starbucks or others of its ilk to be anywhere near WDW. Fine. Great. I, for one, am happy it's there. I hope they put one in every corner of WDW so I can get my espresso on whenever I need some. :hungry:

Name one time I said I don't want Starbucks in WDW. You are trying to skew the discussion. As many times as I have said this is about the MSB location and nothing else you continue to make statements that are not true. I said I like the coffee, I like the company I just don't like the removal of the bakery and its baked goods. MAYBE this time you will get it but then again somehow I think you wont. This board is a about people who care about WDW sorry you have to read these posts but thats what its about people who care not people who just go along with no passion for WDW.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Those are not in the park...except for Richter which is not a franchise...for that matter Emerils is a unique restaurant. You said that Islands of Adventure was loaded with franchise places...please name a few...or are you just trolling now?
Emeril's is not unique either by the way. The original is in New Orleans. Yes there is only those 2 but not original/unique as being the only one. :)

Last edited:

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
When I go on vacation I like going to places where there are new things. traveling thousands of miles and get to a destination that has every franchise there that I just left at home is boring. I think when I encounter stores and rresturants that I don't have back home thats fun. One of the reasons I liked Disney so much it the unique resturants with their own twist. It's an escape from the boring. The last think I want to see after traveling a thousand miles is franchiseville in the parks.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
When I go on vacation I like going to places where there are new things. traveling thousands of miles and get to a destination that has every franchise there that I just left at home is boring. I think when I encounter stores and rresturants that I don't have back home thats fun. One of the reasons I liked Disney so much it the unique resturants with their own twist. It's an escape from the boring. The last think I want to see after traveling a thousand miles is franchiseville in the parks.
Disney has utilized franchises as part of their restaurant lineup in both US parks before, and continue to do so.

And I was under the impression this thread was about Starbucks and the former Main Street Bakery....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom