Starbucks among other new vendors at Disney

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
If they pulled them, it must have been really quick. I was there and got buns Christmas 2012, and they closed to refurbish it in January 2013.
Exactly!! We did the same! Really don't know where people keep getting this info from because those of us that always ate them and went into the MSB right before they closed know the truth. Lol :)

Maelstrom Troll

I've never had a cinnamon roll from MSB or Gaston's Tavern, but I'm all for keeping as many things uniquely Disney (food as well as merch) as possible. I'd love to have MSB featuring Starbucks coffee and not just another generic store. That being said, as @Matt_Black mentioned above, I have no doubt that Starbucks has the ultimate say as to what is served with their drinks. The funny thing is that I know I've seen college bookstores with Starbucks' full coffee line but with different pastries and no sandwiches. My guess would be that Starbucks would want full integration of their line in WDW for a bigger piece of the pie or in this case cinnamon roll.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I've never had a cinnamon roll from MSB or Gaston's Tavern, but I'm all for keeping as many things uniquely Disney (food as well as merch) as possible. I'd love to have MSB featuring Starbucks coffee and not just another generic store. That being said, as @Matt_Black mentioned above, I have no doubt that Starbucks has the ultimate say as to what is served with their drinks. The funny thing is that I know I've seen college bookstores with Starbucks' full coffee line but with different pastries and no sandwiches. My guess would be that Starbucks would want full integration of their line in WDW for a bigger piece of the pie or in this case cinnamon roll.

I spoke to the Starbucks representative and he stated that if enough people comment about this it can be changed, they always reevaluate their stores. He stated they have had many comments about this. I posted his email in an earlier post, you can email Starbucks and Disney they do respond to you. I,m sure Starbucks does not like the negative posts about their store in Disney. Bring back the unique pastries and cakes.

anchorman314

The odds of fresh-made cinnamon rolls returning to the MSB are about equal to Starbucks licensing Ariel for their logo. It's not just a matter of someone saying "OK, we've heard the people. Let's bring them back." There is actually a great deal of infrastructure needed to make something from scratch on-site. You need storage space for the ingredients, prep space to make the dough and prepare it for baking, oven space to cook them, and hot-storage display space. When MSB was refurbished, the building was not expanded (as far as I can tell). That means they needed to take away backstage space in order to have more onstage space for guests.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
The odds of fresh-made cinnamon rolls returning to the MSB are about equal to Starbucks licensing Ariel for their logo. It's not just a matter of someone saying "OK, we've heard the people. Let's bring them back." There is actually a great deal of infrastructure needed to make something from scratch on-site. You need storage space for the ingredients, prep space to make the dough and prepare it for baking, oven space to cook them, and hot-storage display space. When MSB was refurbished, the building was not expanded (as far as I can tell). That means they needed to take away backstage space in order to have more onstage space for guests.

All true, but there was space prior to the starbucks take over, Making coffee should take less space than the MSB did so the space should still be there in the rear where the baking was orginally taking place. The logistics should not be an issue and yes ariel would make a good logo for Starbucks;) All things are possible when the will is there. One of the real differences that i have noted between Disney and Universal was the unique featureas at Disney. Family members have noted that universal is just like a mall with nothing but franchise stuff that you can get anywhere. Disney don't become Universal and I fear if we don't call them on this it will slowly continue to move in that direction.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

All true, but there was space prior to the starbucks take over, Making coffee should take less space than the MSB did so the space should still be there in the rear where the baking was orginally taking place. The logistics should not be an issue and yes ariel would make a good logo for Starbucks;) All things are possible when the will is there. One of the real differences that i have noted between Disney and Universal was the unique featureas at Disney. Family members have noted that universal is just like a mall with nothing but franchise stuff that you can get anywhere. Disney don't become Universal and I fear if we don't call them on this it will slowly continue to move in that direction.
Were you at the same Universal I was? It is the only place you can get Duff Beer, The areas in the Wizarding World are filled with items you can only get there, heck Rowling didn't allow any branded products in there...you won't find a coke logo there. And even their value hotel sells tons of resort specific products. I wish Disney did more things like Uni in that regard.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
when I was there I saw many franchise places in the Island of adventure areas. Maybe it has changed?
Are you saying that UNI has surpassed WDW?

Jon81uk

when I was there I saw many franchise places in the Island of adventure areas. Maybe it has changed?

I don't remember seeing anything franchised inside the Universal parks except Starbucks. And of course they only serve Coke (except Wizarding World).
Seuss Landing has items themed to Dr Seuss books such as a Green Eggs and Ham, Moose Juice and Goose Juice. Wizarding World has loads of unique items such as Butterbeer, a Chocolate Frogs and Pumpkin Juice. Then Simpsons area serves Duff Beer, Flaming Moes and Krusty Burger.

What franchises were you thinking of?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Your full of it.

Let me take you to school, franchise places in universal, right off their web site under quick service....... Maybe you have never been there

Bubba gump
Emerald
Jimmy buffitts
Bread box
Menchies
Burger King
Cold stone
Starbucks
Cinnabon
Moe,s southwest grill
Panda Express
Richter burger

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Let me take you to school, franchise places in universal, right off their web site under quick service....... Maybe you have never been there

Bubba gump
Emerald
Jimmy buffitts
Bread box
Menchies
Burger King
Cold stone
Starbucks
Cinnabon
Moe,s southwest grill
Panda Express
Richter burger
How many of those are at Citywalk?

Club Cooloholic

Bubba gump
Emerald
Jimmy buffitts
Bread box
Menchies
Burger King
Cold stone
Starbucks
Cinnabon
Moe,s southwest grill
Panda Express
Richter burger
Those are not in the park...except for Richter which is not a franchise...for that matter Emerils is a unique restaurant. You said that Islands of Adventure was loaded with franchise places...please name a few...or are you just trolling now?

BaconPancakes

In your first post you stated it was family members who told you about these so-called franchises in the park, and now you're saying you yourself saw them in the park. Which is it?

Also all the ones you listed were CityWalk. Do you want me to list all of the ones that appear in Disney Springs?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
the point is you said there were none and I showed you there are. Just read Universal quick service vendors. They have franchise resturants in UNI bottom line and I would hate to see Disney become what Universal has become. Sorry you can't admit you made a mistake.

BTW- this was my original post-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom