SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

SpectroMan93

I spoke with a cast member the other day that told me a few things I found interesting that might be of interest. I was told that while the ride was in testing they felt they needed to tweak the swaying action in certain areas, and that was being adjusted in some areas...Final tweaking... perhaps that is why it has taken this long to get them to filming stage. ALSO, I heard from another cast member that when they opened the first part of the expansion they were on an essential lock down that didn't allow them to bring additional family and guests to the park. They have indeed done this "lock down" again for the month of June I heard. I have been checking my fast pass+ for my June dates, not added yet. Rumor I heard was soft opening was going to be the Disney Side 24hr event...but that is purely speculation based on chatter heard
If this is part of why soft openings are being delayed, I can live with that. From what we've seen, the trains barely sway back and forth, even with people in them. I'm not saying it needs to do a 360 loop, but considering that the swaying is one of the main draws of the ride, it should be more prominent.

Jerm

CM are in training right now. They do have the basic crew they have been running with already trained but that is just for a shift at a time. Walls are still up, but they will and have done cast testing with walls still up to keep park guests out. Dedication is happening on May 2nd but not to the public is the latest word. Commercial was/is being filmed right now which is where all the people on it photos have come from. Cast preview was set for a heart beat for the 22nd but they removed the page from the Hub due to delays in training.

randyrut

I am pretty sure the goal for both Disney and Universal to have their new projects completed a few weeks prior to the 4th of July. I also think that Disney wants to open the mine train as close to when Universal open Diagon as possible. Therefore, since Diagon appears to be running a little behind, Disney has no problem taking the time to make sure everything is perfect with their ride.

Susan Wengert

Going on Saturday and fingers are crossed for a soft opening to celebrate my sisters birthday! I am, however, a Floridian with an annual pass, and could go every weekend if I wanted to. Not gloating, just saying it wouldn't kill me to have to wait a little while longer! I will be there the 1st weekend it's opened! You can guarantee that!! :)

wdw71fan

It takes much less time to build the frame of the house then it does to add everything else... typical coasters are exposed frames without attention to detail (except for paint colors on steel).. this, and other attractions like it, are not typical coasters. they take more time because they is a ton of pre and post ride system construction work that has to be done...

GrumpyFan

I think we are getting off subject. Or is the filler for the non action of anything new to report with SDMT? :facepalm:

Indeed, it seems we have gotten a bit off topic. I guess in lieu of any actual news of the soft opening, we've resorted to trying to define a kiddy coaster and the length of time it takes Disney to build an attraction, a topic that's been discussed ad nauseam I might add. Ugh! Can we get back to the original topic, or take it elsewhere, please? Moderator?

GrumpyFan

Since we're off topic, I just saw a commercial for the additional Harry Potter attractions at Uni, opening this summer. Just wondering if this is going to be perceived as 'just more Potter stuff' by the general public? It will be interesting to see if it generates any lasting buzz, or, maybe the bloom is off the rose?

This thread is for updates on soft openings of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster only.

Please keep this thread purely for updates, and not for general discussion on the coaster.

If you have any information about soft openings, please feel free to update us.

So much for monitoring this thread for news of the soft opening... Ugh!

The Mom

Premium Member
People complained that the thread got off topic, but not one person reported it. I do have other things to do besides read every single thread, so really appreciate it if posters alert me to a problem. Just remember that you and I might have a different opinion as to what is problematic. ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Guys, please can I refer you to my first post in this thread.

This thread is for updates on soft openings of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster only.
Please keep this thread purely for updates, and not for general discussion on the coaster.
If you have any information about soft openings, please feel free to update us.

The idea for this thread is contain UPDATES about the soft opening status. Please post other discussion about the coaster, or your plans to ride it once it opens in another thread.

We want this thread to be clear of clutter so people can quickly and easily see what is happening. So please only post anything relevant to the soft opening status. Anything else will be deleted. Many thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom