SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would doubt that Diagon opens before the Dwarfs coaster. That has nothing to do with the noise issues they are having at UNI. If this project is going to be open for the media in five days, one would ASSume that it should be open for all guests VERY soon. ... I have no knowledge of this. But that is common sense.

and we all know Disney management has an over abundance of common sense. ;)

FigmentsFangirl

I've read up to this point so I'll say my thought; When visiting over lunch {around 1PM today} My parents and I saw the film crew leaving 7DMT and heading for the castle. My parents and I pretty much stood and stared; Even for a commercial, So much equipment goes into the filming of it!

Bolt

I would doubt that Diagon opens before the Dwarfs coaster. That has nothing to do with the noise issues they are having at UNI. If this project is going to be open for the media in five days, one would ASSume that it should be open for all guests VERY soon. ... I have no knowledge of this. But that is common sense.
Exactly. If humans are on it already - no reason to panic about major issues.

HeatherWatson

Maybe I mentioned it in this thread before, maybe it was in another one--if y'all have already heard this rambling from me, my apologies--but I think it will open after the media event and that the intention has alwas been for the media to be the first to see it and with no soft openings to the public, which could explain the title "media preview." Consider the hype the mystery surrounding the ride has created, and remember the grand invitations Disney sent out to the media event--I think all this is intended to lead up to the big reveal, of which the media can be the first to witness and report on. Furthermore, why would Disney show off "its final gem in the crown of NFL" (or whatever that claim states) to the media without presenting a finished product that is ready to roll out to the public? Certainly not so the media could report that blah, blah, it should be nice...when it's finished, or that guests will enjoy it when it opens blah, blah, blah. That would only be more of the same teasers Disney has been selling for months. I think Disney would expect some nice fluff from the media that will bring the guests rolling in and that Disney's reasons for not doing soft openings could be so that the first impressions of the ride wouldn't come from a public of potentially harsh critics of its "crown jewel" (or whatever!). That said, I think disney would want the ride ready to roll on the momentum of the media event and its outcomes, sooner rather than later.

Anyways, just a theory on my part. I seriously don't know poo; I'm just turning the wheels in my mind because I want to ride this thing so darn bad sometime between 5/3-11 :)

flyerjab

I always appreciate your not-so-random CAPITALization throughout your posts.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Maybe I mentioned it in this thread before, maybe it was in another one--if y'all have already heard this rambling from me, my apologies--but I think it will open after the media event and that the intention has alwas been for the media to be the first to see it and with no soft openings to the public, which could explain the title "media preview." Consider the hype the mystery surrounding the ride has created, and remember the grand invitations Disney sent out to the media event--I think all this is intended to lead up to the big reveal, of which the media can be the first to witness and report on. Furthermore, why would Disney show off "its final gem in the crown of NFL" (or whatever that claim states) to the media without presenting a finished product that is ready to roll out to the public? Certainly not so the media could report that blah, blah, it should be nice...when it's finished, or that guests will enjoy it when it opens blah, blah, blah. That would only be more of the same teasers Disney has been selling for months. I think Disney would expect some nice fluff from the media that will bring the guests rolling in and that Disney's reasons for not doing soft openings could be so that the first impressions of the ride wouldn't come from a public of potentially harsh critics of its "crown jewel" (or whatever!). That said, I think disney would want the ride ready to roll on the momentum of the media event and its outcomes, sooner rather than later.

Anyways, just a theory on my part. I seriously don't know poo; I'm just turning the wheels in my mind because I want to ride this thing so darn bad sometime between 5/3-11 :)

Is that not how Test Track 2.0 was unveiled also? Cast previews then Big Media Event, then general guests the next morning? Blurrrrr

Edit: CMs Guests Media Event. Went back and looked at an old thread

Last edited:

bakhuizen

The possibility exists that the actors/riders were not privy to the inside scenes of the mountain - the scenes all could have easily been masked to prevent any leaks thereby giving Disney a real media preview and reveal.

dgp602

I must admit, I love the excitement of opening this page everyday to see if this is THE DAY that the soft opening happens!! Enjoy the moment! Because, in reality, we only go through this process every few years....

So......is it today??

smhurlb

My family will be there for the exact same days so you have at least one other member pulling for you! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom