SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

phi2134

I'll be at the MK for rope drop today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'll upload the photos tonight.

Any chance you can get pictures from a wider angle showing the SDMT from a wider angle? All the pictures that I have been able to see with the walls down seem like they are right against the fence and havent gotten a good look at a wider shot of the ride. Thanks in advance!

Marc Gil

image.jpg

Work still being done on the track as of 8:30 AM

My fingers are still crossed!!

Marc Gil

Just talked to a Cast Member (I am aware they are usually unreliable sources) and he said that they will most likely open in late May or Early June.

EDIT: Meaning Grand Opening... Nothing new here..

CheekBoys

Just talked to a Cast Member (I am aware they are usually unreliable sources) and he said that they will most likely open in late May or Early June.

EDIT: Meaning Grand Opening... Nothing new here..
That is most likely wrong because it seems to be safe and pretty much done, if they hold it out any longer it will just to be to train CM's or other small things,

I spoke with a cast member the other day that told me a few things I found interesting that might be of interest. I was told that while the ride was in testing they felt they needed to tweak the swaying action in certain areas, and that was being adjusted in some areas...Final tweaking... perhaps that is why it has taken this long to get them to filming stage. ALSO, I heard from another cast member that when they opened the first part of the expansion they were on an essential lock down that didn't allow them to bring additional family and guests to the park. They have indeed done this "lock down" again for the month of June I heard. I have been checking my fast pass+ for my June dates, not added yet. Rumor I heard was soft opening was going to be the Disney Side 24hr event...but that is purely speculation based on chatter heard

landauh

Actually, one CM apart of the opening team for Mine Train works over at DHS and today is her last day here.
I would assume training definitely will happen tomorrow, but always take it with a grain of salt.
Transfers are always effective starting on a Sunday for pay reasons. The CM most likely had Friday/Saturday as regular schedule days off with training starting on Sunday.

LostPrincessKarleigh

I spoke with a cast member the other day that told me a few things I found interesting that might be of interest. I was told that while the ride was in testing they felt they needed to tweak the swaying action in certain areas, and that was being adjusted in some areas...Final tweaking... perhaps that is why it has taken this long to get them to filming stage. ALSO, I heard from another cast member that when they opened the first part of the expansion they were on an essential lock down that didn't allow them to bring additional family and guests to the park. They have indeed done this "lock down" again for the month of June I heard. I have been checking my fast pass+ for my June dates, not added yet. Rumor I heard was soft opening was going to be the Disney Side 24hr event...but that is purely speculation based on chatter heard
I would think TDO would definitely want a grand opening at least the day of the 24 hour event. To do a soft opening at that time seems a little ridiculous. Plus, it is a great pull to get more people in the park that day. "Come play with us for 24 hours at the Magic Kingdom and enjoy the Grand Opening of our new attraction, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!" That will get people excited!
IMHO....JUST OPEN ALREADY! I WANNA RIDE!:arghh:

Kevin_W

Just wanted to say thanks for the updates on this thread, rumor-based or otherwise. It's an interesting read.

We were last at WDW in Jan 2013 and headed back the first week of June 2014. It didn't cross my mind that there was a chance it wouldn't be open by then. Here's hoping there are no last-minute bugs discovered.

At least one guy in Marc Gil's picture is wearing a dress shirt under his safety vest. So he's hot there to do work. Hopefully it's to give a thumbs-up rather than to solve a problem.

DoctorDisney

Ok, if walls are still up when the park opens, it's not opening that day. Walls are never taken down during park operations.

Also, it's not ridiculous for it to open in May or June just because "all seems safe and pretty much done." We are not aware of what's working properly or not working properly. We aren't aware of what is going on inside the mountain. We aren't sure of how much training has been done. We aren't aware of what Disney's plans are and if they want or have more to do before it opens.

If one will think back to 1999 and Test Track, it seemed ready to open and then again a month later and then again two months later and then again a month later, but things went wrong, things weren't ready, and more needed to be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom