So, You Want to be an Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition (Season 13: Get a Clue)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I have a question

The killers were picked before the team swap/Walt's vault thing.

Does that mean there is still one killer per team?

According to the Walt's vault thing, poe was supposed to choose 2 people to come to team mystic, and two people to leave. There were 6 people total swapped so something else happened. Since there was an additional team swap...was that so there is one killer per team?

I swapped the other two people to even out the teams a bit more. Poe picked the two people who came in and out of Team Mystic. I swapped Dsquared with Disneyforever as @disneyforever101396 has been inactive while DSquared has been active and Team Gracey needed more active people after you were swapped to Team Mystic. Hope that makes sense and sorry I didn't make it more clear.

This is the last word I'll say on the Killers Twist regarding the swap. I announced that there was one killer on each team BEFORE the swap took place. Rather or not one of the killers got swapped to a different team is a mystery and part of the twist! Ambiguity, thy name is Tiki ;)

As for something a little less ambiguous, see my avatar for a rather obvious hint at the next challenge ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
I swapped the other two people to even out the teams a bit more. Poe picked the two people who came in and out of Team Mystic. I swapped Dsquared with Disneyforever as @disneyforever101396 has been inactive while DSquared has been active and Team Gracey needed more active people after you were swapped to Team Mystic. Hope that makes sense and sorry I didn't make it more clear.

This is the last word I'll say on the Killers Twist regarding the swap. I announced that there was one killer on each team BEFORE the swap took place. Rather or not one of the killers got swapped to a different team is a mystery and part of the twist! Ambiguity, thy name is Tiki ;)

As for something a little less ambiguous, see my avatar for a rather obvious hint at the next challenge ;)
Well that's what I'm asking is there currently one killer on each team post-swap?

spacemt354

Chili's
I hate to do this, but I'm gonna have to plead the fifth. Like I said, there was one killer on each team before the swap. Rather or not a killer got swapped to another team would be too much of a give-away.
Right, what I'm saying is there is still one killer per team, correct? Because you said after round 2 we are supposed to internally vote for the team's killer so if there is one team without a killer that doesn't make much sense to me. :p

RMichael21

Right, what I'm saying is there is still one killer per team, correct? Because you said after round 2 we are supposed to internally vote for the team's killer so if there is one team without a killer that doesn't make much sense to me. :p
Yeah, if there's one team without a killer, how would the killer vote anyone on that team off? They wouldn't even know any of the activity levels of anyone.

MANEATINGWREATH

I'm just gonna leave this here:

http://www.great-murder-mystery-games.com/tip-solving-the-murder.html

Means

How was the murder committed?

- In our case, the murders were committed by undercover "killers" who secretly sent individuals to the Museum of the Weird. So, in real-world terms, it appears as if this murder was an "unharmful accident."

Opportunity & Motive

Who was in the right place at the right time?

- We need to figure out who, what, when, where and why the murder happened. Is it someone trying to spite the game? Is it someone who knows the game? Or is it someone new? Why are they the killer, and what was their motivation?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Albertlogo_zpsdszvzvee.png

Timber Peak Saloon
3_zpsma8xrx7r.png

Prelude
The essence of Disney parks and resorts has always been a sense of exploration and an immersion in your adventures. They also incorporate rich backstories that develop the narrative of your adventure, to provide context and clarity. The one commonality that the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Disney's Wilderness Lodge have is that spirit of adventure. For our new bar surrounding a S.E.A. character, we have chosen Barnabas T. Bullion, owner of the Big Thunder Mining Company. Throughout our narrative, we will explore his character development and interactions with other S.E.A. member Jason Chandler, explorers such as Ezekiel Moreland of the Wilderness Lodge, and most notably the relationship with his daughter Abigail. As you progress through the narrative, and ultimately see the final product, you'll be able to understand Bullion's motivation behind the bar/local meeting place, how it connects with the Big Thunder Mountain attraction, S.E.A., and Bullion's innate, yet sometimes hidden, compassion for his daughter Abigail.

Backstory
20160708_194320_zps5htqvypp.jpg

The Wildest Ride in to The Wilderness
Timber Peak Saloon Origins

20160706_121241_zps5sygwasb.jpg

The year is 1882, in the mountains of the Arizona Territory. Barnabas T. Bullion, a greedy and stubborn businessman, continues to mine in the Big Thunder Mountain Region despite several cave-ins due to what locals call a "supernatural" presence in the mountains. The tiny town of Tumbleweed neighbors the mountain range, where Bullion has taken residence for the past several years, as he feels it is his birth-right and entitlement to find the gold out west. Growing up with an East Coast fortune, Bullion made the journey west to find gold and increase his fortune.

Along for his endeavors has been his daughter, Abigail Bullion. A young, restless, and rebellious woman, Abigail has gone on several adventures in the Big Thunder Mountain landscape, sometimes teaming up with cautionary miner, Jason Chandler. Chandler, while having respect for Barnabas (nickname Barney), has always warned the greedy businessman of the supernatural forces that haunt Big Thunder, making it dangerous for the miners, and recommending to Bullion that he move to a different mountain range. Stubborn and persistent, Barney consistently denied Chandler's recommendations, while simultaneously having to deal with his rambunctious daughter, who would, with the help of Chandler, attempt to steal her father's gold, and give it to the poor citizens of Tumbleweed.

After decades of searching for gold, and the appearances of a runaway mine train roaring through the desert landscape, Barney Bullion had developed high stress and needed a change of scenery. While a ruthless businessman, he did have a soft spot for his daughter, Abigail, and always wanted the best for her, especially after her mother passed away. Being the only parental figure in her life, and wanting her away from the harsh environments of Big Thunder, Barney asked his daughter if she would like to take a trip north with him to build a new vacation estate.

Being close to Jason Chandler, Abigail asked Chandler if he could come along on the journey so she didn't have to constantly talk with her father, and Chandler, aspiring to expand and develop his secret society, the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, decided to take the trek north through the untamed wilderness. Chandler also took this journey to avoid having to interfere with the spirits of Big Thunder, something he had always professed while on the mining job.

The trio of explorers set off from the northern Arizona border on horseback with a goal of reaching the Grand Tetons, as a new estate location. However, early on in the trip, Barney's motivation for the trip swayed back to his greedy personality, and rather than looking out for his daughter, spent most of the days making Chandler search for new areas to mine for gold. This frustrated Chandler and alienated Abigail, who wish she never made the journey with her father.

Reaching the basins of present-day Utah, they arrived at a small frontier town of Arches in the snowy winter, where the native town folk greeted the travelers with hospitality. One of the townsmen was Reginald Rosenfield, who greeted the trio and invited them to his local meeting place in the town. Walking inside the expansive space, Chandler was impressed by how it brought everyone together, and recommended to Bullion that he would help him build and construct his estate, as long as there is a local meeting place for S.E.A. Even Bullion was impressed by the design of the town meeting place, and made a deal with Chandler that they would build a local meeting place for the Society of Explorers and Adventurers in the same vein as the local meeting place in Arches, Utah. They thanked Rosenfield for the hospitality, however when they went to stay the night, Bullion realized that Abigail had run away.

Suddenly overcome with remorse and grief, Bullion set off with Chandler on horseback through the Utah canyons and mountain ranges, searching for Abigail. Bullion remembered that Abigail's favorite spots were high above the ground below, and gazing at the vista below. So Bullion climbed to the tallest mountain in the region in search for his daughter. Eventually, on top of the mountain, Abigail was sitting with an easel and paint, turned it around, and showed her father a portrait of him coming to find her. Bullion realized he had been distance with his daughter, and asked for forgiveness and was remorseful. He promised that while he may go back down to Big Thunder, he will always find the time to spend with Abigail. She forgave him and they continued on their journey north.

United States Map
Bullion's Travel from Tumbleweed, AZ to Yellowstone, WY
20160707_161139_zpsk7fxhs8a.jpg

Reaching into the mountains of Wyoming, the trio came across a towering lodge next to a spring with a geyser, neighboring a large lake. Approaching the large atrium, they were greeted by the founder of the property, an elderly Colonel Ezekiel Moreland. Sitting in a rocking chair by a large fireplace in the main concourse, Colonel Moreland greeted the travelers and introduced them to his daughter Genevieve and her companion, an Austrian artist, Frederich Alonzo Gustaf. They toured Silver Creek Springs and fell in love with the land just as Ezekiel Moreland did in the early 1800s. Growing older and passing of his land to his daughter, Bullion, being the businessman that he is, however with a newfound softer side, asked Ezekiel if he could help maintain and expand his land with new additions and a local gathering place on property. Ezekiel was happy to make the agreement with Bullion and soon work began on an expansion of the property.

After a few years of work, the Cooper Creek Cabins were built for members of S.E.A. as well as the local meeting place for the organization. The local meeting place was given the name Timber Peak. It featured a fine assortment of beverages and food for the S.E.A. members, as well as a second level for a game room, and a private S.E.A. lounge, along with a balcony wrapping around its exterior for the inhabitants to admire the breathtaking views of the surrounding area. To elicit the new amicable relationship with Bullion and his daughter, the first decoration he added to his local meeting place, was the painting Abigail drew of him trying to find her in the Utah mountains. This painting meant something special to him, as it was the moment he realized that while you can't take the persistence of adventure and exploration out of him, he should reconcile and nurture the relationship with his only daughter.

Abigail's Painting of Barnabas T. Bullion in Utah
BuionPortrait_zpsvqnj5xyo.png

Furthermore, as part of the construction agreement, Colonel Ezekiel Moreland and his family were all inducted into the S.E.A. community by Jason Chandler, as well as Abigail Bullion, who took up a permanent resident in Silver Creek Springs, having fallen in love with the atmosphere. She was quoted regarding how there is much to explore in the American Northwest without the risk that was bestowed upon everyone at Big Thunder. Furthermore, Jason Chandler sent out letters to other members of S.E.A., in particular Lord Henry Mystic, who in 1880, attempted to build a secret meeting place for members in the rain-forest, however over the years it was taken by natural elements. Now with the new location in Silver Creek Springs, several of the S.E.A. members soon flocked to the wilderness and the community grew and prospered, and the Boulder Ridge Villas and Wilderness Lodge Resort opened in the later 1920s.

Over the years, Barnabas T. Bullion still travels back down to Tumbleweed for business, and Jason Chandler, who decided to also stay in the Cooper Creek Cabins, would write letters to Bullion when he was in Tumbleweed, slightly jabbing at his colleague for his persistence in digging up gold he shouldn't tamper with. Ultimately though, the local meeting place served as a reminder and acknowledgement for Bullion that there is more to life than gold, and somethings in life, you can't put a price-tag on. Timber Peak, the meeting place for S.E.A. and a local gathering location, still stands and is open to guests today at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Location - Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort

20160708_085047_zpsduvtkyf1.jpg

Timber Peak Saloon will be located in between Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort and the adjacent Boulder Ridge Villas (The Wilderness Lodge DVC Villas). There is a covered walkway right starting at the Buttons and Bells Arcade attached to the main lobby and traveling all the way to the lobby of the Villas.

The bar will be located to the right of that in the open area to the right of the covered walkway. This is an ideal location because it is also close to the bus stop for quick and easy transportation.

In addition, as we will see in the exterior and interior description, Timber Peak's color pallet is a blend of both the Wilderness Lodge green and brown exterior, with a hint of the villas dark red roof colors, making it a transition piece between the resort and the villas. both in location and thematically.

Timber Peak Saloon - Exterior Description
1_zps54zgx4eg.png

The quaint, two-story Timber Peak Saloon is a seamless blend of the architectural designs of both the Wilderness Lodge and Boulder Ridge Villas. It also is reminiscent of a small town saloon, typical in the American Frontier, which ties it back to the local meeting place location that Bullion stumbled upon in his travels through Utah, and is also a subtle call-back to the greater Frontierland/Big Thunder Mountain Railroad archetype of a saloon.
2_zpsuyz63mp8.png

Timber Peak Saloon - Interior Description
Render_zpsphbov5s8.png

5_zpsst31mf6e.png

Using the Bullion family fortune and gold profits that Barnabas had inherited and found, the interior of Timber Peak keeps a rustic vibe, but also adds a sophisticated touch as well. The wood panelings blends in with the cabin atmosphere of the Wilderness Lodge, while the more vibrant olive green furnishings offer a unique atmospheric location within the resort, while still keeping true to the overall Wilderness Lodge theme.

Barnabus T. Bullion outside of the Timber Peak Saloon (circa 1882)
Bullion_zps0gpke1mg.png

Inside Timber Peak Saloon there are two floors.

The first floor includes the bar area, majority of the seating locations, restrooms, as well as a corner for live western music to be played on select nights. As you take the stairs up to the second floor, you can walk out onto a balcony that wraps around the majority of the saloon, providing grand vistas of both the resort and villas. Moreover, on the second floor, there is additional seating for the food/beverage area, and two private rooms that can be used by the guests.

6_zpskfzr3dzg.png

There is a Billiards room on the second floor, continuing the rustic theme in its design, equipped with a billiards table and an assortment of other games.
20160707_202631_zpsaadsnrpu.jpg

There is also an elaborate S.E.A. private meeting room next to the billiards room, which was used by Jason Chandler, Barnabas T. Bullion, and several other S.E.A. members who would visit Timber Peaks for secret meetings in the American Wilderness.

The Society of Explorers and Adventurers Secret Meeting Room
20160708_172729_zpspiwsujd5.jpg

Timber Peak Saloon - Elevation Chart
Elevations_zpsejlofjsi.png

Timber Peak Saloon has an elevation of 37 ft above sea level and rises two stories in the air (at a height of approximately 23 feet tall).

Timber Peak Food Menu
TimberPeakMenu_zpsoxa95gvp.png

Appetizers/Bar Menu
Pork Chili - $5.25 ----- Served in a Frybread bowl - $7.50
Vegetarian Chili - $5.25 ----- Served in a Frybread bowl - $7.50
Homemade TNT Salsa with Sweet Potato, Tortilla, and Frybread Chips - $9.50
Thunder Mountain Golden Onion Rings - $9.50

Nachoes - loaded with white queso, shreaded Jalapeño Cheese, tomato, refried beans, and sour cream $9.50
Steam Train Salad served with Bacon, cheese, tomatoes, peppers, chicken, and Jalapeno Ranch dressing --- $9.50
Frybread topping Trio - BBQ Pork, Refriend Beans, and Geyser Guacamole $5.25

Lunch/Dinner
Tumbleweed Trout - served with a sweet corn, peppers, and tomato Salsa. - 19.50
Rainbow Ridge Citrus Fire Grilled Chicken - 1/2 Chicken seasoned in a Savory Marinade of Cumin, Garlic, Cilantro, Lemon and Lime served with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans - 16.50
Big Thunder Burger - TNT Salsa, Lettuce, Pickle, Tomato, Bacon, Onion Rings, Jalapeños, and Pepper Jack Cheese.
Chandler's Switchback Nachoes - loaded with white queso, BBQ shredded pork, shreaded Jalapeño Cheese, tomato, black beans, refried beans, sour cream, geyser guacamole, and queso fresco. $17.50
Sizzling Southwest Fajitia - Choose from Chicken, Steak, BBQ Pork, or Fish, with fresh 5 fresh tortillas, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, black beans, refried beans, sour cream, geyser guacamole, and shredded cheese to build your own Fajitias. $20.50
The Bullion Family Sizzling Southwest Fajitia Dinner - Choose from unlimited Chicken, Steak, BBQ Pork, or Fish, with fresh fresh tortillas, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, black beans, refried beans, sour cream, geyser guacamole, and shredded cheese, quesco fresco, green and red peppers, and red cabbage to build your own Fajitias. - 32.50 per person
Steam Train Salad - served with Bacon, cheese, tomatoes, peppers, BBQ Pork, cucumbers, Jalapenos, and Jalapeno Ranch dressing --- $14.50

Kid's Menu
Thunder Mesa Golden Nuggets - Corn Dog Nuggets or Chicken Nuggets served with fruit (Grapes, Apples or Strawberries) and a vegetable (carrots, side salad, or mashed potatoes). - $13.50
Railroad Wheel Macaroni and Cheese - Mac and Cheese in the shape of train wheels served with fruit (Grapes, Apples or Strawberries) and a vegetable (carrots or mashed potatoes).- $11.50
Cowboy Cheese Pizza - A Small cheese pizza in the shape of a cowboy hat served with fruit (Grapes, Apples or Strawberries) and a vegetable (carrots, side salad, or mashed potatoes) - $15.50

Desserts
Peanut Butter Frybread with Grape pie topping a la mode - 7.45
Carmel Corn Cheesecake with Strawberry Topping - 8.45
Goldmine Chocolate Cake - Chocolate cake topped with dulce de leche - 8.25
Gluten Free Berry Crumble - 9.45
Goat's Dessert Trio - Go Out with a Bang! Choose any two desserts served with 3 strawberry filled, chocolate covered cannoli "dynamite") 14.45

Kid's Desserts
Cowboy Chocolate Cake - A Small vanilla cake in the shape Mickey Ears with a frosting cowboy hat.
Gold and Dirt - A take on the Classic "Worms and Dirt" with candy chocolate gold nuggets, chocolate pudding, and oreo crumbles.

Timber Peak Saloon - Beverage Menu
20160707_133825_zpsofwdcpgo.jpg

Mixed Drinks/Liquors/Spirits
Thunder Mesa - Whiskey with cherries for garnish, simple syrup, and fresh lemon juice. $12.99

Old Faithful - a classic old fashioned. Bourbon Whiskey with two dashes of bitters, simple syrup, and an orange slice. $13.99

Nature's Wonderland - bombay sapphire gin, cherry brandy, lemon juice, and choice of soda mix. $11.99

Moreland - Galliano Liqueur, Cointreau Liqueur, orange juice, and a dash of creme. $11.99

Rainbow Ridge - bourbon, mint sprigs, rainbow syrup. $10.99

Teepee Cocktail - Dewar's White Label Blended Scotch Whisky, cooled darjeeling tea, orange juice, lemon juice, raspberry syrup, sugar, and soda water. $12.99

Steamroller - 23 year old DeKuyper Strawbwerry Schnapps, apple juice. $14.99

"Fire in the hole" - Tequila Cazafores Blanco, grapefruit soda, lime juice, club soda. $12.99

Bullion's Last Resort - Dry Sherry Wine, martini rosso, orange bitters. $12.99

Redstone - bombay sapphire gin, cherry brandy, lime juice, sloe gin, grenadine, creme de cassis liqueur. $13.99

Grand Valley - Sour apple liqueur, pure vodka, apple juice, fresh lime juice. $12.99

The Conestoga Wagon - martini bianco, chambord liqueur, pineapple juice. $11.99

Albert's Delight - sloe gin, apricot brandy, bacardi dark rum, lemon juice, grenedine. $12.99

Backstory - When Lord Henry Mystic first arrived at Timber Peak after an invitation from Jason Chandler, his monkey, Albert, ended up drinking a concoction that was on the bar table. Soon, Albert was the happiest monkey around.

The Explorer - southern comfort liqueur, cranberry juice, lime juice. $11.99

Cowboy Up! - Mckenna Bourbon, sugar syrup, orange peel, and angostura bitters. $11.99

Beer on Tap
Coors, Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller, Sam Adams Seasonal, Narragansett

Non-Alcoholic Drinks
Genevieve's Pink Lemonade

Soda Geyser
- Choice of Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta, Iced Tea, Soda Water.

Custom Bar Glasses
Glassesforbar_zpsrqwxg7jt.png

Additional Timber Peak Saloon Facts

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Hidden Easter Eggs:
The original concept for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was inspired by the Disney film The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band, starring John Davidson. On select nights, a live music band of the same name will play, with the name being a tribute to the inspiration for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

The horseshoe in the bar is right-side up. On the ride, before you enter the bat room mine section at the beginning of the attraction, there is an upside-down horseshoe, which superstitious people think is bad luck. When Barnabas T. Bullion built his new saloon, he made sure any horseshoes inside were right-side up.

Timber Peak's founding date was September 23rd, same as the opening day of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in the Magic Kingdom.

The famous saying "Hang on to your hats and glasses" can be seen as you walk towards the rest rooms on the first floor.

Holiday Overlays
20160708_193124_zpss9yal8s5.jpg

Disney's Wilderness Lodge is one of the most decorated resorts during the holiday season, and Timber Peak Saloon will follow suit with the greater resort area. During the Christmas Season, the Saloon will feature various decorations including wreathes, garland, and lights, to add to the holiday cheer. There will be special holiday menu items that are only available from November till the beginning of January.

Some prominent menu items are Peppermint Vodka drinks, Egg Nog (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) as well as a variety of mixed beverages with a dash of seasonal delight, such as festive bar glasses and elaborate decoration displays.

Timber Peak Saloon Information and Statistics

Hours: 11:30 AM - 1:30 AM
Capacity: 86
Bartenders: 6
Servers: 9
Cooks/Chef: 5
Attendance per night: Slow Season 250/High Season 500
Dining Plan?: Yes, Quick Service Credit
No Reservations and No MyMagic+ Pre-Ordering
Custom Cakes for Celebrations? Yes, Call 407-WDW-DINE
Phone: 407-234-9396
Address: 902 Timberline Dr, Orlando, FL 32830

Conclusion
The Timber Peak Saloon hopes to offer an adult location in the vein of Trader Sam's at one of the more romantic and secluded resorts at the Walt Disney World Resort. The saloon also ties together and expands several of the intertwined Disney story-lines in their parks and resorts, tying the S.E.A. mythology with the explorers who founded the Wilderness Lodge, as well as giving a greater character development to Barnabas T. Bullion.

Thank you for reading Team Mystic's presentation!

Last edited:

SandyClaws

STORY:
Harrison Hightower III, an infamous world traveler and explore for S.E.A., who was known as the richest and most selfish explorers of his time. He traveled far and wide, across the globe looking for the most valuable treasures and artifacts. However, Hightower began to become unaware how his wealth was blinding his judgment...

In 1899, he ventured out to the wild jungles of the Congo in Africa in search for hidden treasure. However, this artifact is not just any other piece of value. He was searching for an ancient statue to the gods, known as the Shirik Utundu. However, after Hightower left his abode in search for this statue, he was never seen again. S.E.A. assumed Hightower to be dead, so all hope was lost in recovering the body.

However, circa 1910, Hightower's ghost was spotted at the infamous Hightower Hotel. This jumpstarted a S.E.A. search party in an attempt to recover Hightower's body. This search party searched for many years, eventually arriving in the small village of Harambe. Tired and exhausted, the search party (now grown old), they repeated their typical spiel to the villagers, stating their mission to the intrigued villagers. This message now engrained itself into Harambe lore, its story passed down generation to generation.

Now, in present day, a storm has approached Harambe. The violent typhoon unfortunately knocks over a large tree in the eerie back woods of the village, a part of town barely set foot in by the villagers. However, as the tree crashed with a large sound, a loud cry escapes from the hollows of the earth. The villagers run to the crashed tree, finding a secret hideaway filled with incredible riches and beautiful statues. Overgrown after a century of apondonent, the legendary statue, the Shirik Utundu stands there. It is obvious that this hideaway is the secret abode of Harrison Hightower III. The natural spring inside this hideaway, as the villagers found, creates various concoctions that, when drunk, controls the evil power of the Shirik Utundu. Seeing its profitability, the villagers sold the drink and its power for high profits, eventually becoming greedy.

People sought to replicate the concoctions, becoming extremely close to its taste and texture. However, the large power could not be replicated, so as soon as the spring ran dry the Shirik Utundu's power became unstoppable. The villagers, who had been replicated the spring's desirable concoctions, had decided to open a bar in the abandoned hideaway. But, without them knowing, the elusive Shirik Utundu's power dominated over the those who enter the bar. Good luck...

EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR:
Far off from the ghostly and mysterious HighTower Hotel, deep within the jungles of Africa lies Hightower Tavern. Home of the most sinful drinks, and dwelling place of the mighty Shririk Utundu!

It’s located right off of the Harambe Market, as it blends in the the architecture of the area.
The only difference being the vines and shrubbery wrapped around it,
as well as the exotic plants and trees growing around it. Through the roof of the Tavern is
a monstrous Baobab tree providing shade over the building.

Off to it’s side lies a pond, with debris of what was once some sort of temple or ancient
architecture.

Around the entrance of the bar we can see large tiki torches as they glow bright orange, illuminating the bamboo doorway.

As you enter the Tavern you are greeted by large Tiki totem pole that appears to be watching you.

In the center of the room sits the big baobab tree, and as you look up you see where it has busted through the roof.

The bar counter is wrapped around this baobab and large bamboo chairs
and stools sit waiting to be at service.

Carved into the large tree are big open shelves and cupboards for storing
bottles, glasses, and all necessities of a proper bar, and more! As you turn around and look up over the doorway,

sitting in an indoor tree branch looking over the
bar is the idol of Shririk Utundu! Waiting and watching for it’s next victim..!

Turning around you see large passageways and rooms, boarded up. But as you peak through the planks of
wood covering the entrances you see the rooms are filled with treasures, gold and idols..and skeletons.
You are unfortunately unable to enter, but that may be for the best as Shririk Utundu warns us of the cursed treasure.

The stone walls have ancient carvings and sculptures in them, then as you go around the baobab and bar,
your attention focus on towering sculptures, idols and gold monuments. Perching on top of all of it are macaws, toucans,
and various other tropical, colorful birds.

The whole Tavern glows yellows and oranges with torches and lanterns (still in working order) as you hear outside the assorted cries, calls and noises of the creatures of the jungle.

LOCATION, CONCEPT ART AND MUSIC ARE ATTACHED.
MUISC TYPE:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 11.56.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 11.56.28 PM.png
    618.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 12.02.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 12.02.24 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 99

mickeyfan5534

Play It Again Trader Sam!- A Team Hightower Presentation.

1974.jpg

Taking use of the old River Country plot next to Fort Wilderness, The Bitter End Boardinghouse takes cues from the dearly missed Adventures Club and adds brand new twists on them to create a one-of-a-kind experience.

The Boardinghouse is based on little-known S.E.A member, Barnabus T. Bullion, a greedy man who will stop at nothing to increase his fortune by mining all the gold out of Big Thunder Mountain.

But, alas, all of his miner employees need a place to hang out after digging all day, so this miner's club was created. Other S.E.A members stop by here too, suspicious of fellow member Bullion's actions.

So grab your mining hat, drink up some snake oil, and prepare to explore The Bitter End Boardinghouse.
------------------------

"In the early days, when Big Thunder was just being dug into, a cave-in, much like the ones today, trapped several miners in the tunnels. Determined to find a way out the miners ventured deeper into the caves. After several dead ends, the miners were ready to give up hope, but one of the older miners declared, "No! We'll keep on going to the bitter end!" So the miners pressed on until they found a series of caves that led them out into the wilderness. Relived and overjoyed to be outside again, one of the younger miners exclaimed, "Well, I guess this is what the bitter end look like!" The Bitter End Boardinghouse sits on top of this very cave entrance, although now it's used mostly to store the spirits. If you venture far enough, you'll see the names of those very miners etched into the walls."
------------------------
img_0770.jpg

With more and more accidents happening at the mine every day and the disagreements over wages, miners are high tailing it out of town faster than they can be replaced. Guests entering the boarding house are greeted as replacement miners by Mrs. Liddy Calloway, the proprietor of this establishment. As stated by the sign in the Big Thunder Mountain queue, all miners are required to bunk at the boardinghouse, so guests are already in Mrs. Calloway's good graces by coming here.

Main Lobby
24f5041e95dd0f64ca4ad0cddf0389cf.jpg

The main lobby is where guests will gather for a drink, listen to a live band (appropriately themed to the old west of course), and wait for one of the shows.

Immediately, guests will notice the many details that both fans and newbies will enjoy. Behind the bar, not only is there alcohol, but also a display of fool's gold. Near each rock, there is a slip of paper telling who tried to pass it off as real and what they were trying to buy with it. The biggest piece was brought in by Dinah Mite (try saying it out loud) who just wanted a glass of rot gut. The lobby is filled with animal heads mounted to the walls, including the famous jackalope and for some reason a goat with a stick of dynamite in it's mouth. Hmm, peculiar. Any hoo, guests will sure notice the enormous skull of a "dragon" found while excavating deep with in the mine. While waiting for the next show to start in one of several other rooms, please wander around a take a gander at some of the unusual decor including telegrams, wanted posters, and notices.
full

As with the Adventurers Club, there will be many interactive characters for guests to talk to. Not every character will be available each night, but the guests should be very well entertained.
Characters

Barnabus T. Bullion
full

Barnabas Bullion is the owner of the The Bitter End Boardinghouse. He's antagonistic, rude, arrogant, vile, sexist, and elitist. He never fails to greet guests with a sneer and a snide comment.
Abigail Bullion
full

Barnabas's daughter. She takes after her mother far more than her father. Kindhearted, gracious, generous, and a humanist. She sees the good in everyone and has feelings for Jason. What those feelings are, however, are unknown to her. She becomes a member of SEA at night's end.
Jason Chandler
full

The hero of the night. The founder of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers. He's a strong Steve Rogers type of character. Intelligent, clever, and always with a strong desire for adventure and discovering things. He has a strong love for Abigail and makes her a SEA member at the end of the night.
Madame Zasher
A founding member of SEA. She's a mystic with a strong connection to the spiritual and hosts private audiences with guests and miners.
Gracey
A member of the Gracey family with connections to Bullion. Played by either a man or a woman, they visit the boardinghouse as a friend to Barnabas or Abigail. Superstitious, easily spooked, and a frequent victim of the miner's antics.
The Miners
full

The Greek Chorus. They comment on the goings on of the night as they happen and keep guests posted on the story, while also frequently going into slapstick and other comedy routines.
Mrs. Liddy Calloway and Mama Hutchinson
full

The heads of house. Act as the leaders of the miners and will always keep the men in line. Mrs Liddy is tough as nails and the straight man.
Mama Hutchinson is flightly, ditzy, and the fool to Mrs. Liddy
Professor Marvel and Professor Cumulus Isobar
full

Isobar is a snake oil salesman
Marvel is a steamunk style inventor
They switch between the nights. Isobar and Marvel will never be in the house at the same night.
The Barmen
Waiters and bartenders. Customizable costumes from variety of choices but keep to the same basic idea of hat, vest, shirt, apron, slacks, boots.

The Saloon Girls
Waitresses and bartenders. Customizable costumes from variety of choices but keep to the same basic idea of hat, dress, bustle, apron, shoes.

Performers
Saloon performers. Singers, piano players, dancers. Can also double as miners, ladies of the night, barmen, and saloon girls.

Appetizers

Bullion Wings
A personal favorite of our club founder, B.T. Bullion, these savoury buffalo wings are baked, then dusted with flour and lightly fried fresh to order and tossed in your choice of house made sauce! Mix and match your combinations.

Burning Mine Sauce - (mild, medium, hot, EVACUATE) A spicy sauce that will leave your mouth cave charred, but wanting more!
Sweet Abigail Sauce - A honey and molassas based BBQ glaze
Lemon Liddy - A dry wing offering, coated in a lemon and pepper panko bread crispy crust.

All wings orders are served with our three signature Dressings for your dipping pleasure! Dive deep, that's where the gold veins are!
Cool Chipotle Ranch - Chopped chipotle peppers and adobo sauce add some flair to a traditional buttermilk Ranch dressing.
Bluest Cheese - Blue cheese hand crumbled from a wheel of our stock kept deep in our cool caverns, then blended with a creamy emulsion with a touch of ground mustard
Carolina Gold - A mustard based BBQ sauce, with a sweet and tangy aftertaste.

(additionally all wings are served with sweet baby carrots and zucchini slivers, and sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley. Celery and One(c) brand sweet grape tomatoes are also available by request, or with large orders of 24 or more)

image81.jpg

Navajo Flatbread
Navajo fried flatbreads served with house made hummus and melted Tillamook Cheddar Cheese sauce for dipping.

Three Way Dip
Fresh spicy guacamole, garlic and chive tomatillo salsa and Tillamook Cheddar Cheese sauce served with freshly fried multi colored tortilla strips.

Uncontrolled Explosion
House made Ceviche with freshly caught seasonal seafood, avocados and a drizzling of garlic and chive tomatillo salsa, served in sweet and crispy green butter lettuce cups.

img_3892.jpg

The Mother Load (feeds 4 - 6)
For large groups, a sample platter of your choice of three of the four offerings above!

Sandwiches
All sandwiches are served with your choice of freshly made chunky french fries or a side salad.

The Drift Mine
Turkey, roast beef or pastrami, shaved to order, served on toasted swirled Rye and melted baby swiss cheese. Topped with crunchy sauerkraut and topped with house made thousand island gold dressing.

reuben.png

The Goaf
Ham, Turkey, Roast Beef and Bacon, served on freshly toasted Ciabatta with your choice of white american, swiss, cheddar or provalone cheese, over topped with leafy green butter lettuce and sliced red onions, then drizzled with olive oil, red wine vinegar and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.

Hogsback
Shaved roasted pork butt, served with your choice of BBQ sauce (Carolina Gold or Sweet Abigail), and topped with cole slaw.

Salads

Jackleg
Romaine, Iceberg and butter lettuce, with crunchy carrots, fresh cucumbers, diced hard boiled eggs, house made garlic croutons and chopped celery, with your choice of dressing. Chicken or diced ham or smoked turkey, or chopped cheeses may be added for an additional charge.

chef-salad-DSC_1338.jpg

Regulator
Our take on a ceasar salad. House made dressing, with real eggs! Chicken may be added for an additional charge.

Navajo Tacos
Fried, puffy and delicious! Served with your choice of toppings from our toppings bar!
indian_taco.jpg

Dessert

Panning for Gold
A crunchy chocolate lava cake, served with a side of house made vanilla bean ice cream and dusted with real edible gold flakes!
004cec1d02e7a7c3224e6a914c02a22f.jpg

Ventilation
Our take on fresh and sweet flan!

Drink Menu

Mixers / Cocktails / Frozen Drinks
  • Aquifer
  • Beneficiation
  • Bug Dust
  • The Cap
  • Factor of Safety
  • Communation
  • Longwall
  • Methane Mixer
  • Nip
  • Pyrite
  • Severence
  • Syncline
  • White Damp

Shot Flights
Get your mining expedition going for you and your friends with these choice shots, chosen by the honorable B.T. Bullion himself to compliment each other! (Details of the shots can be found in the a la carte Shots menu below)

• The Saloon Girls - The Car-dump, The Highwall, The Mud Cap
  • Strike Gold! - The Anticline, The Crusher, The Crossbar
  • The Miners - The Percussion Drill, The Pick-ax, The Slickenside
  • Blasting Circuit - The Fuse, The TNT, The Misfire
  • The Cage - The Black Damp, The Crossbar, The Jackrock
  • Core Sample - The Crusher, The Fault Zone, The Scrubber

Shot Details
  • Anticline
  • Backfill
  • Black Damp
  • The Car-dump
  • Crossbar
  • Crusher
  • Fault Zone
  • Fire Damp
  • Fuse
  • Highwall
  • Jackrock
  • Misfire
  • Mud Cap
  • Percussion Drill
  • Scrubber
  • Slickenside
  • Pickax
  • TNT
  • Wire Rope

The Rooms

Upstairs
fefc0e867c13c42b3cb0931cf58f2071.jpg

The upstairs is where the miners sleep and guests can see flickering lights and noises behind the doors. This can be the primary entrance and exit for the characters that live in the building. Bullion, Marvel, Isobar, and Chandler can come in through the front or back door. The miners and some of the women can come out from these doors occasionally to call down to the other characters in the lobby below. A big crash can be heard from time to time causing a character to go check it out (which can be used as an excuse for a random character to take a break)

The Stock Room
full

The stock room is where Professor Isobar and Professor Marvel hold their little shows (each on a separate night).

A tidbit from Professor Isobar's skit. (two miners will join the group as well)

“Hey Professor! I’m losing all of my hair. What can I use to keep it in?” Miner #2
“How about a paper bag!” Miner #3 (The miner chuckles)

“Gentlemen, what I have here a new hair tonic that would grow hair on a billiard ball,” Professor Cumulus Isobar.
“That’s great, but who needs a hairy billiard ball?” Miner #1 The other men hoot and laugh.

Professor Isobar claims his tonics and snake oil potions do work. In fact he could make it rain if he wanted to. The men scoff. (This could reference back to the ride as it's often said Isobar's rain making machine is the reason Tumbleweed flooded). The show could end when when Mrs. Liddy or someone else comes to boot him from the house.

The "secret" Gambler's Room
full

The secret gambler's room is secret because most boarding houses I've read about don't allow gambling. This could be where Madame Zasher warns the new miners (guests) about the danger of Thunder Mountain and her disdain for Bullion. This show can also alternate where some miners gather to tell the guests about the curse of Thunder Mountain: supernatural, Thunderbird or other wise. (Gracey, he could be a part of these shows growing more nervous and easily frightened the longer the stories go on.)

Another alternate show could be that the miners have stolen the portrait of Barnabus T Bullion and spend their time painting faces on Bullion's portrait. Guests could be encouraged to help as well.(This hearkens back to what happen to what happened to the original picture placed in the queue.

The Saloon
The saloon can but up against the back side of the house and be run by Mama Hutchinson. A bigger bar and another piano can be set there.

The Cellar
vengecave.jpg

Alternative show: Madame Zasher hold her warning tales down here. When one of the barkeeps says this is where all the spirits are stored, the Mr. Gracey shouts, "Spirits?! I don't want to go down there!"

Conclusion:
The Bitter End Boardinghouse provides a classic, unique mix of the Adventurer's Club and the hokey Old West to create something even ol' Henry Mystic would approve of, adding another amazing experience to Walt Disney World Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom