So, You Want to be an Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition (Season 13: Get a Clue)

SandyClaws

STORY:
Harrison Hightower III, an infamous world traveler and explore for S.E.A., who was known as the richest and most selfish explorers of his time. He traveled far and wide, across the globe looking for the most valuable treasures and artifacts. However, Hightower began to become unaware how his wealth was blinding his judgment...

In 1899, he ventured out to the wild jungles of the Congo in Africa in search for hidden treasure. However, this artifact is not just any other piece of value. He was searching for an ancient statue to the gods, known as the Shirik Utundu. However, after Hightower left his abode in search for this statue, he was never seen again. S.E.A. assumed Hightower to be dead, so all hope was lost in recovering the body.

However, circa 1910, Hightower's ghost was spotted at the infamous Hightower Hotel. This jumpstarted a S.E.A. search party in an attempt to recover Hightower's body. This search party searched for many years, eventually arriving in the small village of Harambe. Tired and exhausted, the search party (now grown old), they repeated their typical spiel to the villagers, stating their mission to the intrigued villagers. This message now engrained itself into Harambe lore, its story passed down generation to generation.

Now, in present day, a storm has approached Harambe. The violent typhoon unfortunately knocks over a large tree in the eerie back woods of the village, a part of town barely set foot in by the villagers. However, as the tree crashed with a large sound, a loud cry escapes from the hollows of the earth. The villagers run to the crashed tree, finding a secret hideaway filled with incredible riches and beautiful statues. Overgrown after a century of apondonent, the legendary statue, the Shirik Utundu stands there. It is obvious that this hideaway is the secret abode of Harrison Hightower III. The natural spring inside this hideaway, as the villagers found, creates various concoctions that, when drunk, controls the evil power of the Shirik Utundu. Seeing its profitability, the villagers sold the drink and its power for high profits, eventually becoming greedy.

People sought to replicate the concoctions, becoming extremely close to its taste and texture. However, the large power could not be replicated, so as soon as the spring ran dry the Shirik Utundu's power became unstoppable. The villagers, who had been replicated the spring's desirable concoctions, had decided to open a bar in the abandoned hideaway. But, without them knowing, the elusive Shirik Utundu's power dominated over the those who enter the bar. Good luck...

EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR:
Far off from the ghostly and mysterious HighTower Hotel, deep within the jungles of Africa lies Hightower Tavern. Home of the most sinful drinks, and dwelling place of the mighty Shririk Utundu!

It’s located right off of the Harambe Market, as it blends in the the architecture of the area.
The only difference being the vines and shrubbery wrapped around it,
as well as the exotic plants and trees growing around it. Through the roof of the Tavern is
a monstrous Baobab tree providing shade over the building.

Off to it’s side lies a pond, with debris of what was once some sort of temple or ancient
architecture.

Around the entrance of the bar we can see large tiki torches as they glow bright orange, illuminating the bamboo doorway.

As you enter the Tavern you are greeted by large Tiki totem pole that appears to be watching you.

In the center of the room sits the big baobab tree, and as you look up you see where it has busted through the roof.

The bar counter is wrapped around this baobab and large bamboo chairs
and stools sit waiting to be at service.

Carved into the large tree are big open shelves and cupboards for storing
bottles, glasses, and all necessities of a proper bar, and more! As you turn around and look up over the doorway,

sitting in an indoor tree branch looking over the
bar is the idol of Shririk Utundu! Waiting and watching for it’s next victim..!

Turning around you see large passageways and rooms, boarded up. But as you peak through the planks of
wood covering the entrances you see the rooms are filled with treasures, gold and idols..and skeletons.
You are unfortunately unable to enter, but that may be for the best as Shririk Utundu warns us of the cursed treasure.

The stone walls have ancient carvings and sculptures in them, then as you go around the baobab and bar,
your attention focus on towering sculptures, idols and gold monuments. Perching on top of all of it are macaws, toucans,
and various other tropical, colorful birds.

The whole Tavern glows yellows and oranges with torches and lanterns (still in working order) as you hear outside the assorted cries, calls and noises of the creatures of the jungle.

LOCATION, CONCEPT ART AND MUSIC ARE ATTACHED.
MUISC TYPE:

Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 12.02.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 12.02.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 11.56.28 PM.png

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
@Angels and Disney's has been killed off by @MANEATINGWREATH who was revealed to be the killer and outed by Team Gracey. MEW and Angels and Disney's will now travel to the Museum of the Weird where they will work together to get back in the game. Also @iamaninsomniac, @disneydf, and @Flippin'Flounder are officially our 18th, 17th, and 16th place finishers respectively.

Project Three: Darth Side of the Moon

darth-side-of-the-moon.jpg

Today is a very appropriate day to start this project as it marks the first bit of vertical construction for vertical construction at Disneyland's Star Wars expansion! Star Wars Land is sure to be a MASSIVE hit for Disney and is practically guaranteed to be among the most highly themed and fully immersive lands the Imagineers have ever designed. With that being said, there's always room for a phase 2! For this project teams must create a new attraction for Star Wars Land that focuses on the villain side of the Star Wars universe. Darth Vader may make an appearance, but he can't be the focal point. You must choose one Star Wars villain BESIDES Vader to base your attraction around, but any and all Star Wars characters are allowed to make appearances but one villain in particular has to carry the attraction.

Good luck teams, this project is due Thursday, July 14th at 11:59 PM Eastern

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
And follow up question. Can we use expanded univèrse or tv?

You can use anything that's considered canon by Disney, which is the movies, Rebels, Clone Wars, and all the Disney produced books/comics etc. I would prefer if you didn't use stuff from the "Star Wars Legends" expanded universe that hasn't already been brought into Disney's established canon.

DinoInstitute

Welcome to the...
IDInstReviews! ;) :p

Unlike Tiki and Jokers, my reviews won't count towards you actual score, but rather having been observing in you PMs all week and now reading your projects, I'll give my feedback on how you guys did and what areas I think that you can work on to get even more points! Think of me as your motivational adviser judge :p Anyways, let's begin!:

Team Mystic!:
Fantastic work! Honestly, this was a really great concept, and not only that, but it was engaging and interesting which is important in a good project. While I'm on this note, I'll just jump into talking about your presentstion- This, IMO, is how you perfect the forum post! Telling the story of the bar rather than just summarizing it and pointing out random tidbits along the way of how it connects to the backstory really added to your work. As usual, the art was fantastic, another great part of your presentation ;) Likewise, in the detail, creativity, and group work categories, I wouldn't rate you poorly at all- it was really shining all over the place. Honestly, I only have one complaint, which would fall more under realism. While I understand that the theming of the Timber Peaks Saloon is supposed to tie in with both the resort and the place from your backstory, but for me, the way it looked in the pictures just didn't work. It felt too Wild-West-ey, which again makes sense for your project, it just clashed with the hotel because the Wilderness Lodge is not a Wild West resort. Overall though, you guys really worked well together and created an awesome project, keep up the amazing work :D

Team Gracey!:
Nice concept for your bar! This project definitely has some good and bad parts. On the positive side, I thought having a bar in DAK was a great place for it, as the park starts to become more mature and grow into exploring nightlife options. In addition, the bar itself looks amazing, as the piece of concept art is beautiful! However, there's quite a few problems here. First, of the three projects, both your backstory and presentstion feels the most just thrown together to me. While I like a bar being in DAK, the actual placement was poor. The aerial image you have for your map doesn't show the completed work of the extended Harambe marketplace, so if that bar went where it is shown right now, it would feel just thrown in the middle of the area, while DAK is supposed to have a feel of open space and natural land. Lastly, from a theme standpoint, it sounds like this would fit better in Discovery Island, or maybe even Asia, with its jungle feel rather than rundown Harambe. I know it sounds like I'm being awfully negative, but honestly I think the root of your problem was simply faulty team work. With better work on it as a group, I think a lot of these problems would be solved and the project would feel overall just a lot better :)

Team Hightower!:
Nice work guys! For staters, I actually really liked your backstory, and I thought it was very creative! It was short, simple, and sweet, and it just had that indescribable Disney charm about it (with the name "Bitter End"). Your menu looked delicious, it's clearly very well thought out and well written. If anything, though, it feels too restaurant-ey; I wish you focused a bit more on the drinks. The only other issue I had was with detail again- I would have liked to see more on how the characters will interact with guests and how they help create the experience of going to the Bitter End Boardinghouse. Speaking of which, fantastic job on the characters! This art knocked it out of the park presentstion wise! All in all, great work! Perhaps the main thing I would recommend to you guys is working more to expand your concept and ideas to develop it more and explore what other fun potential it has!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom