So, You Want to be an Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition (Season 13: Get a Clue)

MonorailRed

Applebees
And that's one of the reasons why I'm going pass on Season 14. I'm glad that Tiki and MEW took the initiative to move it up to January though. I told them about that opening, since Red and myself are just going to be too busy this winter to host another competition sadly, the whole winter was open as of now. That's another, even more important reason why I can't play - this time unlike my 5 day retirement...I am serious:hilarious:

Yep! Next Spring is booked with school for me:hilarious: :cyclops:

Good Luck with the next season though! Can't wait to watch it! :D

MANEATINGWREATH

I've been with this game for a long, long time. I've seen players come and go. I've seen players return, I've seen players resign. In a way, I've seen it all. I think it is interesting to note how, since its conception in the early to mid-2000s, SYWTBAI has really grown into its own creature. It has become a living, breathing creature that requires people to make it work. It's certainly had its fair share of ups and downs along the way, but by all means, I see it as a tremendous success in every aspect of the term. It has become so much more than a game, and I really hope that with this next season we can better translate the concept and spirit of the original game to our new audience here on WDWMagic. I wish there was a way we could take you all back in time to the days when VF was in its heyday and the game was the ultimate in online Imagineering-based competitions.

For me at least, Season 14 will be just that - a trip back in time. We aren't sending anyone to the Museum of the Weird. No one will be excluded due to heavy IP-based prompts. Nobody will be able to kill someone else off. This will be a return to the basics, with a true emphasis on what the game was originally all about - armchair Imagineering. The prompts will focus more on Disney (with one or two minor exceptions; accessible exceptions, mind you) and more on the spirit of Walt in a way. Some of our favorite past projects from the days of VF are coming back and let me tell you, you are all in for a treat. What we have lined up is a truly solid roster of stellar material to work with. Trust me, there won't be any dull moments to come by. This will be fun.

Of course, as Tiki has mentioned, the team format will remain relatively the same, as will the general concept of Walt's Vault, PoMVP, and the standard elimination setup. Even with Walt's Vault, there won't be any - mark my words - any game-changing power that destroys one person's game completely. For me personally, I would rather the contestants focus on Imagineering than strategy. We have decided that, rather than having your Team Leader decide who will receive PoMVP at the end of each round, Tiki and I will choose who receives the PoMVP. This will essentially help weed out any "dead-weight" and make the season into one collective of creative amazement and whimsy. Sorry, I had a Michael Scott moment there.

I know we won't be able to retain the exact same cast as this past season, but I greatly encourage any newcomers, lurkers, or returners reading this to signup come January. This is a quest to bring SYWTBAI to WDWMagic in the utmost excellence. You will live the magic of the original game. I promise.

Poe Dameron

@Poe Dameron and @Angels and Disney's, next year's Amazing Race based summer competition should be more of your style. It'll see the return of the class Sorcerer's Apprentice format and will involve no strategy (except a small detour here or there, but that shouldn't effect the game that much at all). :)
Been giving this some thought and I will try this. :)

I don't think I'll return for this game in January though. It's too quick of a turnaround. I need some time first and the summer would be nice. Thanks for the offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom