Refillable Mugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyPhD

The prices seem to be going up. It was 11.99 at WL last week. Also they only sold the travel size (so they fit in cup holders.)

Also in Aug at OKW instead of only selling the 5:99 mug with refills that cost they did have a 11.99 nemo mug that had free refills for the summer. They sold the same one in the parks for 3.00. I think our OKW one had a specal stamp on the bottom for refills.

We bring them back to the resort we are staying at, but if we stay at a new resort we get new ones, mostly because we collect them. As DVC members they aren't as good of a deal (since we have a refreg in the room anyway and buy some pop of our own,) However they are also good for hot chocolate, yum!

trendymagic

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
buy some pop of our own.

POP! I have been living in the south too long. Took a while to get use to saying 'coke' for any type of soft drink. When I first moved down here and said 'pop' they looked at me like I was crazy.

Originally posted by trendymagic
POP! I have been living in the south too long. Took a while to get use to saying 'coke' for any type of soft drink. When I first moved down here and said 'pop' they looked at me like I was crazy.

This is WAY Off topic but, you lived in the north and moved to the south and said 'pop'?? I thought most of the east coast said coke for any type of soft drink....at least thats what the Food Network says..unless I'm one of those people who go opposite of the rest...haha...

Originally posted by trendymagic

This is WAY Off topic but, you lived in the north and moved to the south and said 'pop'?? I thought most of the east coast said coke for any type of soft drink....at least thats what the Food Network says..unless I'm one of those people who go opposite of the rest...haha...

LoriMistress

My dh and I did this and it saved us so much money! I'm a soda addict, and I have to have something in the morning and before I go to bed. I would rather pay $22 (two mugs), than pay ten bucks a day for soda.

JBSLJames

I'm sure it's been asked, I'm sure it's been answered...Does WDW have a re-fill cup program inside the parks?

chrisjoi

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I'm sure it's been asked, I'm sure it's been answered...Does WDW have a re-fill cup program inside the parks?

No way... not when they can charge for each drink.

ogryn

Originally posted by Murky
I am going to be staying at POR and was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the refillable mug cold drinks are all carbonated or not or if there was anywhere that gave you a list of the drinks available.

At the All-Star they had the (gorgeous) Pink Lemonade (that wasn't carbonated). You could also make hot drinks in them as well.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by chrisjoi
No way... not when they can charge for each drink.

I assumed WDW would not have a free re-rill program, but do they have collectors cups for say $5.00 and refills for a lower price. PKI sells cups for between $4 and $5 and sells refills for less than $2 and you can use the cup all year (clean at home of course). We've even used previous years cups for current use.

luvJC4saken

If any of you is a cheap college kid like me there's an even cheaper way by not buying soda at all and just drinking water the whole time...

Yeah, some don't like the taste of tap water, which is why I emphasize this would only work w/ college kids who are cheap. It'd be a lot healthier too though!

Even at home, I never get soda at a sit down restaurant. Water does just fine with me.

AliBeth

We always bring our mugs along...as long as they're from the same resort (or in the case of the all-stars...they can be used in all the resorts).

In fact they've changed the designs like 3 times since we bought them, and we've never been questioned on it.

My family does that too! We got the Dixie Landings mugs several years ago and even though they've actually changed the name of the resort, no one has ever said anything to us.

figment1985

lol.. i was worried about bringing our Pop Century mug back and reusing it.. but I bet they haven't changed the design on the mug since we got it just back in march

FanofDinsey1981

just an FYI for anyone staying at both Old Key West and then heading to Vero Beach. We bought ours for our mugs for our 6 day stay at OKW, but the mugs said 'vacation club' on them, not OKW. Once we arrived in Vero Beach, much to our surprise, were the same! I am not usually an advocate for 'cheating the system', but it seems silly to buy one at both places when they are exactly the same. The gal working the outside food place at Vero said that several people mentioned it to her as well.

tigsmom

The mugs now sold are marked for use during this trip only (or words to that effect, I'm to lazy to go get one & look).

mousebymarriage

i've heard that you can bring a refillable mug with you that you've purchased on a previous trip... does anyone know if this is fact, before i consider packing refillable mugs? i've got about a zillion of these mugs in my cabinets at home...
We always bring our mugs along and I have seen all different ones that belong to other resorts but, no one says anything. I don't think your supposed to do it but, so many people do and no one gives it a second look. Besides, if I am not mistaken WDW doesn't pay for the fountain soda anyway because it is part of the "free" advertising that coca-cola gets by being on Disney property. Plus, $3.50 or$4.00 for a bottle of water, they are getting their money from us and then some!

wannab@dis

We always bring our mugs along and I have seen all different ones that belong to other resorts but, no one says anything. I don't think your supposed to do it but, so many people do and no one gives it a second look. Besides, if I am not mistaken WDW doesn't pay for the fountain soda anyway because it is part of the "free" advertising that coca-cola gets by being on Disney property. Plus, $3.50 or$4.00 for a bottle of water, they are getting their money from us and then some!
When the mugs were first introduced, they said the mugs could be used on subsequent visits but ONLY at the resort that it was purchased. As Tigsmom said, they are now stamping the mugs with the new policy... only to be used during the stay that the mug was purchased.

I've not taken a "stamped" mug back, but I'll still take my old "pre-policy change" mugs back to use when I visit those resorts. Since I like Pop Century now and that mug is stamped, I'll probably have less chances to use my old mugs. :lol:

mousebymarriage

I just checked my mugs and there is no stamp on them saying they can only be used in that resort for that particular stay but, then again they do have a rather large 100 Years of Magic logo on them!:D
We're going in Feb. and so are my mugs!

Nemo14

When the mugs were first introduced, they said the mugs could be used on subsequent visits but ONLY at the resort that it was purchased. :

I don't recall that ever being the policy with the mugs, and we've been buying them since the early 90's. :veryconfu

Woody13

I don't recall that ever being the policy with the mugs, and we've been buying them since the early 90's. :veryconfu
Ask my wife. Her explanation is identical to that of wannab@dis. I do not dare dispute her mug knowledge. :D :wave:

wannab@dis

There wasn't a "written/displayed" policy early on when the mugs were introduced. The CM mentioned it... I was incredulous... so I asked a manager. Same line every time. "This resort for any visit" I asked on later trips and got the same thing. *shrug*

This was probably in 91 or 92... maybe a little earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom