Refillable Mugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If you are staying at a Disney resort, be sure to buy a Refillable Mug for $10.99, and then receive free refills for the length of your stay!

BenS

But don't some resorts have just discount refils and charge less than normal for the cup? I heard that at Old Key West (where I'm staying next month) it's like $5.99 for the cup and then $1.99 per refill. I may be wrong (I hope so! :lol: )

Nice new section, by the way.

SirNim

A WDW vacation would not be the same without the excellent value provided by the refillable mug program...

and without the late night journeys to fill them up after a day at the parks...

and without falling to sleep with a mug frosted with condensation on the nightstand..

:D :D :D

EmeraldDolphin

i've heard that you can bring a refillable mug with you that you've purchased on a previous trip... does anyone know if this is fact, before i consider packing refillable mugs? i've got about a zillion of these mugs in my cabinets at home...

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin
i've heard that you can bring a refillable mug with you that you've purchased on a previous trip... does anyone know if this is fact, before i consider packing refillable mugs? i've got about a zillion of these mugs in my cabinets at home...

We always bring our mugs along...as long as they're from the same resort (or in the case of the all-stars...they can be used in all the resorts).

In fact they've changed the designs like 3 times since we bought them, and we've never been questioned on it.

EmeraldDolphin

ok... thanks... so, we're going to be staying at all star's music this time, and we've usually stayed at caribbean beach in the past... so i have mostly those mugs... so i can bring a caribbean beach mug to all star's music then?... just so i don't screw up... in case i misunderstood... :brick:

trendymagic

--> (or in the case of the all-stars...they can be used in all the resorts).

The All-Stars now each have their own design.

They usually don't care which design mug you use.

EmeraldDolphin

whew... ok... so we'll be safe bringing caribbean beach resort mugs...

.... this is so frustrating... all my posts today i have to type w/o using my shift keys... 'cuz whenever i hit a shift key on my computer this demo thing comes up... and i don't know what to doooooo [exclamation points] :brick:

Dopey Dave

Strickly by the rules, I believe the mugs are for length of stay at the resort you bought the mug at. I have never been questioned about an old mug. If a CM questions you, smile and pony up the 11 bucks for a new one.

raven

Love these mugs! My only wish was that the soft drink fountains were closer to the rooms. I learned to carry this mug in my back pack when I would leave for the day. That way I could have something to drink while on the bus in the morning and I could get it fiulled up before going back to my room in the evening.

Since I was a CM, they put me in the Rock & Roll section at the All Star Music Resort (a very long walk from the main building). After walking all day in the parks, I just didn't want to treck all the way back to my room to get the mug then come back to the main building, fill it up, then walk all the way back to my room. When I didn this my cup was empty by the time I got back anyway.

On a side note, I got to know one of the CMs running one of the cash registers very well (Maria). I was on a trip to WDW by myself and wanted to meet other CMs anyway. One night after I got back from the parks I was so tired so I baught a fruit plate and filled up my mug and headed back to my room. Well, my brain must have also been tired because when I got all the way back to my room (anout a 10 minute walk), I realized I left my fruit plate on the counter by the soft drink machine when I was filling up my mug. I thought "oh geez, forget it!" Just then, there was a knock at my door. I openned the door at it was Maria. She found out my room number and brought it to me knowing that I must have forgot it and I didn't want to walk all the way back!

That wasn't the only time I had fun with them. They also filled my room with Mickey balloons one time knowing that it was my birthday!

domincfh

Account Suspended
when i stayed at the polynesian...i just bought a dollar cup and refilled it the entire time. same at the allstar....the drink station is usually not right infront of the counters, so no one really cares.

Originally posted by Dopey Dave
Strickly by the rules, I believe the mugs are for length of stay at the resort you bought the mug at. I have never been questioned about an old mug. If a CM questions you, smile and pony up the 11 bucks for a new one.

When my family bought our mugs 3 years ago back in '00, we asked if we could bring them back again and again, the CM at the cashier said as long as the resort is still standing you can bring them back without having to pay. Although in 01 or 02 we were frightend by the site of a new mug for WL (the design was the same but the handle was different) so we always held our mugs hanle when a CM was nearby, are you allowed to use these mugs in the parks too or just resorts?

trendymagic

Originally posted by HM999thGhost
are you allowed to use these mugs in the parks too or just resorts?

To my knowledge you can use them as water bottles and such but can not use them for soft drinks and related.

Murky

I am going to be staying at POR and was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the refillable mug cold drinks are all carbonated or not or if there was anywhere that gave you a list of the drinks available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom