Peter's Awe-Inspiring Conquest of California on a Budget

MOXOMUMD

While I am waiting on the train, I'll talk a little about the game show I was part of the studio audience of.

View attachment 63842

It had stars Luke Perry and Kathy (I don't know her last name but the audience was very familiar with who she was). Any way, I was talking to the person sitting next to me. She's from LA. When I told her I was from Florida, her exact words: "Really?! I've never been to Florida. It's been my dream to go there and see Walt Disney World! I'm a Disney nut!"

You can imagine the can of worms she just opened up by saying that. My whole attitude changed abruptly from semi-shy to mega-talkative. She wanted to hear everything I had to say about WDW, comparing the rides, etc.

She told me a lot about DL. It was funny hearing her talk about Car Land having lots of shops and not enough rides because that's exactly what we say about FLE. She went on a tangent about how DL's Tomorrowland doesn't have enough rides. I told her that Star Wars Land was coming to Tomorrowland but latest rumor says it's coming to Toontown. She said, "That's what I heard."

I told her to sign up for this site and she told me she's already a member her and come on "occasionally". I told her my screen name and she didn't recognize it. So, I'm not sure she was being completely honest about being a member here. I should have asked her what her screen name is. She also advised me to take the Metrorail to Union Square and then the bus. I should have listened. I'm still waiting on the Metrolink train from Union Square.
Isn't that Craig Ferguson's new show? @JenniferS

PeterAlt

Original Poster
That was fun! I didn't expect it to be a roller coaster. It's Splash Mountain meets Test Track themed with Cars. They can keep it an original exclusive. They're entitled to it since we have the better Splash Mountain and an original exclusive Test Track.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Scarier than WDW version. More or better maintained effects than WDW version.

More dramatic pre show and use of subwoofer low frequency effects not found in WDW version. More light effects in boiler room. Sound effects on elevator not in WDW version.

All these things still doesn't make up for the fact that they had cut out the Fourth Dimension scene. There's just something that makes it feel "cheep" - the fact that it just goes up and down quite literally takes out a very real third dimension from a ride about the Fourth Dimension, effectively reducing the ride to three dimensions.

It's obvious they tried everything in their Imagineering tool chest to make up for this. Try as they did, with an honest effort to do so, they can't. No new effect can make up for the removal of an actual real world dimension scientifically referred to as depth.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Waiting on the next train to Frontierland and going straight to BTMRR. Can't wait to see the new ending!

By the way, have you noticed a recurring theme for this trip? It started with me waiting on my local train. It's been a trip of continuous train waiting from the start. Now is just a continuation of that!

image.jpg image.jpg

Notice how you can see DCA from here and the entrance plaza. WDW is better at entrances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom