Peter's Awe-Inspiring Conquest of California on a Budget

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I'm leaving now to catch the last train to Fullerton and then the Amtrak Pacific Liner to LA Union Station.

EDIT - I didn't do this, but decided to stay until closing.

I ended up doing both parks and a few rides twice, covering all the important things.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

Original Poster
With aching feet and a biological system needing rest, I made it back. Friendly reminder to self: avoid buses at all costs and keep advocating for mass transit rail expansion. Does anyone have any idea how much I hated buses before tonight? Well, after riding on one for two hours just to make the metro connection, I hate them even worse now.

Any way, I made it back. Not only did I make it back, but I also managed to get three more rides in! I saw the new and improved version of Alice in Wonderland. They did a good job with it. WDW needs one. Maybe an improved version. I can't believe I almost forgot to do Indiana Jones. Done. I also saw DL's Splash Mountain for the first time. Yes, WDW's version is vastly superior. No only that but it's in worse shape than WDW's before it's most recent rehab. It's like comparing the two Space Mountains but its Splash Mountain is in far worse condition and lacking of show elements than our Space Mountain is compared to theirs. Does that make any sense? Or do I sound like a babbling person whom is overtired (which I am, but I'm trying to make sense).

While on line for Indiana Jones, I overheard this lady talking to her friends about WDW. I told her I overheard her talking about about WDW and asked her where she was from. She told me Orlando and that she workS for TDO. In her conversation wither friends that I overheard, she bragged about how efficient and cost effective TDO is compared to TDA, and how TDO is "better", citing specific ride examples, the complete opposite I've been telling everyone. I guess it's a company subculture at TDO that makes them manage Ike that.

A CM walked with me and help me fin the bus. We discussed the latest Star Wars Land rumors. It is not going where Toonstown is. It can't because of height restriction required because of the fireworks. The rock work is actually designed to help stop misguided fireworks from setting the pace a blaze, among other reasons.

Tomorrow I plan to take it easy until the evening. Maybe the beach...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
With aching feet and a biological system needing rest, I made it back. Friendly reminder to self: avoid buses at all costs and keep advocating for mass transit rail expansion. Does anyone have any idea how much I hated buses before tonight? Well, after riding on one for two hours just to make the metro connection, I hate them even worse now.

Any way, I made it back. Not only did I make it back, but I also managed to get three more rides in! I saw the new and improved version of Alice in Wonderland. They did a good job with it. WDW needs one. Maybe an improved version. I can't believe I almost forgot to do Indiana Jones. Done. I also saw DL's Splash Mountain for the first time. Yes, WDW's version is vastly superior. No only that but it's in worse shape than WDW's before it's most recent rehab. It's like comparing the two Space Mountains but its Splash Mountain is in far worse condition and lacking of show elements than our Space Mountain is compared to theirs. Does that make any sense? Or do I sound like a babbling person whom is overtired (which I am, but I'm trying to make sense).

While on line for Indiana Jones, I overheard this lady talking to her friends about WDW. I told her I overheard her talking about about WDW and asked her where she was from. She told me Orlando and that she workS for TDO. In her conversation wither friends that I overheard, she bragged about how efficient and cost effective TDO is compared to TDA, and how TDO is "better", citing specific ride examples, the complete opposite I've been telling everyone. I guess it's a company subculture at TDO that makes them manage Ike that.

A CM walked with me and help me fin the bus. We discussed the latest Star Wars Land rumors. It is not going where Toonstown is. It can't because of height restriction required because of the fireworks. The rock work is actually designed to help stop misguided fireworks from setting the pace a blaze, among other reasons.

Tomorrow I plan to take it easy until the evening. Maybe the beach...

The beach sounds like a very good idea. With the non-stop schedule you've been having for the past few days, the beach may be a good place to unwind. Besides, I've always heard that CA has terrific beaches.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Eating the breakfast burrito I bought yesterday, took a bite of, and had stashed in the fridge. Just nuke and eat. But wait... What's that burning smell? I forgot to remove the aluminum foil. I removed the foil and continued to reheat it and yum it is good!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Why do Californians envy WDW? Like every one wished they could have WDW instead of DL. I had to campaign to convince them that they don't really want to do that. I would trade MK's with them any day, less the castle and Splash Mountain!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I changed my mind again. I'm going to the beach. It's just that it's an hour and a half bus ride! I really really hate buses with an absolute passion now!

You'll be happy once you arrive at the beach. The long bus ride will be worth it. You'll survive. ;) And, why don't you enjoy taking in the scenery on this long bus ride, too! There might be interesting places to see along the route.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
image.jpg

What time is it? What time was it when I posted last? That's how long it took me to walk to the bus stop (you know, the one that takes an hour and a half to get to the beach). On paper, it misleadingly gives the impression that it's not that bad of a walk. The above picture is of the walking directions given to me by the hostel I just checked in at to get to the beach bus. Where 704 is written in is where I am now (the bus stop). Notice below that, where it says "Santa Monica Boulevard (Route 66) NOT TO SCALE". That "NOT TO SCALE" part is a major and complete and total understatement! There were at least ten (10) major street crossings I passed through! Omg! I am not happy about that! Beach better be worth it!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
As I wait on the bus, let's day dream for a minute...

Imagine if a clone of DL's Indy ride and the once-proposed Fire Mountain ride were to come to WDW's MK as part of an Adventureland redo and expansion project. It would probably cost around the same as Avatar to construct. If I were a Disney CEO, I would order WDI to do this. Sure, it would be a budget-buster, but it would have immediate short term spikes in attendance as well as lasting long term increases in attendance. These types of projects are what's needed to keep Comcast from taking WDW's attendance share!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom