Peter Pan Queue

DoTheImpossible

Actually, I'd say it was vital. That queue was the worst in the park. I don't think they'll do much with the ride anytime soon, outside of a small refurb possibly, only because they just finished doing a major refurb recently (last year, iirc).

I know they won't. Obviously Magic Kingdom, let alone Peter Pan, at this time isn't their priority. I agree it was vital, the queue was awful. I simply meant it didn't impact attendance or jeopardize the entirety of the park, which seems to be the driving force behind the rumored DHS overhaul. That in my view is when it is "vital" to Disney itself, not in our sense of the word. Because there's plenty of vital overhauls necessary we won't see anytime soon as they don't impact the bottom line. Nevertheless I'm excited about any positive changes, regardless of the motivation, but it's nice to see Disney improving something for the sake of improving it.

Kman101

I know Pan was down, but they did a MAJOR refurb on it? The ride is in TERRIBLE shape. I thought the ship would fall of the track when I was on it in May LOL

tl77

They are upgrading all the DL dark rides soon, and will most likely clone the Peter Pan stuff for WDW, but the ride is a bit different and a bit longer at WDW

JeffH

Again, any refurb/improvements to Peter Pan would be a waste of money. What Disney needs to do is address the capacity issue by building a NEW Peter Pan ride with dual tracks BEHIND the New Fantasyland. 1) Peter Pan has had one of the most persistent long lines since the park opened and it will only get worse. 2) The outside (German) theme has nothing to do with Peter Pan, so a newly themed English area BEHIND New Fantasyland where other like attractions can be built, like Pixie Hollow (scratched from New Fantasyland), and the Cinderella' Chateau and Aurora's Cottage (also scratched from NFL), and bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (also dual track) and the Micky Mouse Revue. Not much planning necessary, since each of these attraction either exist or have already been planned out. Perhaps a new Sleeping Beauty and/or Cinderella dark ride(s) could be added to accompany the cottages. A new bridge over the railroad would be needed (no big deal). Entrances would be through Belle's Village and over by the railroad station. Then, after the new attraction opens, (I'd imagine both the new and old attractions would be crowded, for those who wanted to see the old one one last time)), the old Peter Pan could be converted into another meet and greet. And if they wanted to spend a LOT of money they could build a mountain over the train tracks and add the Matterhorn and/or bring back 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (that would go UNDER the tracks). Call it RETRO Fantasyland. The best thing is, unlike NFL, this entire addition could be build behind the scenes saving us from the construction eyesores we've endured with NFL and the Castle hub upgrade.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Fab video!

But you can already see at about 2.45, there's a kid through the railings with their hand on the bed post!

And then a few seconds later, ducking back under the railings. Oh dear.
I know what I would do if it was my kiddo.

42205i0416BA2350774DB8

Problem solved.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Very very nice - but I hope the audio will have much more variation than what we hear in that video. Listening to Hook say "Now I've got you, Peter Pan!" over and over while waiting in line would drive me nuts. :p

Well, you have to keep in mind that multiple tracks and area specific audio zones are quite involved and difficult to accomplish smoothly. This type of technology isn't really possible yet...

... Hmm never mind. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 116

Bairstow

Very very nice - but I hope the audio will have much more variation than what we hear in that video. Listening to Hook say "Now I've got you, Peter Pan!" over and over while waiting in line would drive me nuts. :p

In the comment thread, the owner of the video said that the audio he actually recorded in the queue was useless, so he dubbed in on-ride audio from the ride itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom