Peter Pan Queue

AllyInWonderland

I am guessing that there is going to be some sort of interactive element with the paintings.
Me too. Especially the ones with Peter's shadow. I'm also thinking maybe the shadows of Mr. and Mrs. Darling in the windows will move too, and maybe Peter will be flying in the sky over that wall before you enter the house. I'm also thinking maybe the chest on Michael's bed will be interactive.

Those are just guesses though. :)

Sped2424

I know Pan was down, but they did a MAJOR refurb on it? The ride is in TERRIBLE shape. I thought the ship would fall of the track when I was on it in May LOL
The refurb had 0 to do with any show scenes or effects and was more for the ride system If I remember correctly. The actual part that guest see was left rather unaltered. Such a shame as the ride's only good part is the london scene for me.

Jon81uk

Again, any refurb/improvements to Peter Pan would be a waste of money. What Disney needs to do is address the capacity issue by building a NEW Peter Pan ride with dual tracks BEHIND the New Fantasyland. 1) Peter Pan has had one of the most persistent long lines since the park opened and it will only get worse. 2) The outside (German) theme has nothing to do with Peter Pan, so a newly themed English area BEHIND New Fantasyland where other like attractions can be built, like Pixie Hollow (scratched from New Fantasyland), and the Cinderella' Chateau and Aurora's Cottage (also scratched from NFL), and bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (also dual track) and the Micky Mouse Revue. Not much planning necessary, since each of these attraction either exist or have already been planned out. Perhaps a new Sleeping Beauty and/or Cinderella dark ride(s) could be added to accompany the cottages. A new bridge over the railroad would be needed (no big deal). Entrances would be through Belle's Village and over by the railroad station. Then, after the new attraction opens, (I'd imagine both the new and old attractions would be crowded, for those who wanted to see the old one one last time)), the old Peter Pan could be converted into another meet and greet. And if they wanted to spend a LOT of money they could build a mountain over the train tracks and add the Matterhorn and/or bring back 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (that would go UNDER the tracks). Call it RETRO Fantasyland. The best thing is, unlike NFL, this entire addition could be build behind the scenes saving us from the construction eyesores we've endured with NFL and the Castle hub upgrade.

That all sounds great, but I wouldn't expect an expansion to Magic Kingdom for 10-20 years, the park is already over capacity and if they draw more people in with extra fantasyland then there isn't the room for everyone to watch fireworks and parades. They will sort out the other three parks before even thinking about MK.
Also most of what you propose is heavy on Princesses, they need to look at the other MK lands as well and create new original ideas for Tomorrowland that don't rely on characters.

wdrive

That all sounds great, but I wouldn't expect an expansion to Magic Kingdom for 10-20 years, the park is already over capacity and if they draw more people in with extra fantasyland then there isn't the room for everyone to watch fireworks and parades. They will sort out the other three parks before even thinking about MK.
Also most of what you propose is heavy on Princesses, they need to look at the other MK lands as well and create new original ideas for Tomorrowland that don't rely on characters.

Or you could say because it is over capacity they need to add more. But sadly your answer is the one that Disney will prefer.

dstrawn9889

Or you could say because it is over capacity they need to add more. But sadly your answer is the one that Disney will prefer.
you cannot add capacity on rides without guest traffic flow lanes, restrooms, water fountains, transportation options back and from the parking lots... OH, WAIT, thats what is going on now...

Jon81uk

I would rather they invested heavily in Hollywood Studios and Epcot than Magic Kingdom. Also as PP says, more restroom, transportation etc is needed and larger firework/parade viewing area is needed, which the hub expansion will help with, but the MK can't cope with that many more guests, they need to even it out and get more familes going to DHS instead of a third day at MK.

kma71677

The best part about this is that it hopefully will free up space in the choke-point between PP and IASW. It is pretty hairy thru there on busy days, the kids can get lost easily if not holding your hand.

wdrive

you cannot add capacity on rides without guest traffic flow lanes, restrooms, water fountains, transportation options back and from the parking lots... OH, WAIT, thats what is going on now...

A high capacity ride, such as Pirates or the Haunted Mansion, takes many many people off the walkways which helps to free up the restrooms, water fountains etc.

But yeah, I get your point too.

tl77

Who's to say they'll bring those updates east? They haven't brought any of the other updates to date (which already make DL's PPF far superior).

This Peter Pan Queue is referred to as "phase 1" on the permits and paperwork posted on-line, and WDW's Little Mermaid is scheduled for a referb early next year, some people are guessing it's give it the recent DCA Little Mermaid upgrades, but this is all just unconfirmed speculation at the moment

Sped2424

The new difference is now when you enter the line you continue like you did before but now you into a hallway shortly after entering the line. Which then leads to the room seen in the pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom