Peter Pan Queue

jt04

Thought this permit deserved it's own thread. Based on "PP" and the address this is likely Peter Pan, and "Phase 1" would seem to indicate it's a major change. Maybe we are finally getting the long awaited Peter Pan queue expansion.

PP Queue Phase 1, 1450F Magic Kingdom Drive - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

Finally. Hope fixing the facade is included.

I love Disney's methodical approach.

OBJ had a nice write up on Disney Springs today.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I've kinda hoped that an update to the attraction would go hand and hand with this update. Maybe it still will, but I'm not holding my breath. Still, an update to the queue will be very welcome indeed.
Too bad they don't have room to really do a "queue-less" one like Dumbo. It seems like they could come up with something interesting to keep people entertained for the extra long waits, wouldn't really need to be a playground. Like I said, I don't think there is room at all for this.

Also, guessing with new fantasyland finally complete, it's going to take up the capacity in case Pan needs to close for any time for one of the phases of this project.

WDW1974

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thought this permit deserved it's own thread. Based on "PP" and the address this is likely Peter Pan, and "Phase 1" would seem to indicate it's a major change. Maybe we are finally getting the long awaited Peter Pan queue expansion.

PP Queue Phase 1, 1450F Magic Kingdom Drive - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
I'd say it's a pretty good guess. I think they built the Tangled restrooms to replace the ones that were near the back end of the PP queue (I don't even think they are still open)...

I suspect they'll utilize the space freed up by those restrooms to change it up.

Anything they do would be good. That is one of the WORST queues at Disney (but one of the BEST rides!)

Mike S

I'd love to see IASW move to EPCOT where it makes more sense...
What doesn't make sense about a ride with the theme of world peace being in FANTASYland? If anything in Magic Kingdom would make better sense in Epcot it's Carousel of Progress. Put it in the old Wonders of Life pavilion along with a new version of Horizons (with necessary expansion of the pavilion of coarse). Then the vacated space in Tomorrowland along with the backstage area could be used for the Tron Lightcycle coaster that's going in Shanghai.

Fox&Hound

What doesn't make sense about a ride with the theme of world peace being in FANTASYland? If anything in Magic Kingdom would make better sense in Epcot it's Carousel of Progress. Put it in the old Wonders of Life pavilion along with a new version of Horizons (with necessary expansion of the pavilion of coarse). Then the vacated space in Tomorrowland along with the backstage area could be used for the Tron Lightcycle coaster that's going in Shanghai.

Haha-nice point!!!!!

It just strikes me as odd that a ride about how small the world is and how we're all alike fits so naturally into EPCOT. But once you open that door you get people saying MILF should be at the studios and Jungle Cruise at AK. Where does the insanity stop?!?!?!?!?

jt04

Haha-nice point!!!!!

It just strikes me as odd that a ride about how small the world is and how we're all alike fits so naturally into EPCOT. But once you open that door you get people saying MILF should be at the studios and Jungle Cruise at AK. Where does the insanity stop?!?!?!?!?

When the have fixed the theming contradictions. Jungle Cruise would be the icing.

The only reason they would ever consider moving IASW is if the building had structual issues which is possible. Wooden building filled with water in the Florida humitity for half a century. Yikes.

Imagine what they could do with that expansion pad if it did become available.

TeriofTerror

Unless they speed up the ride, I guess there's no way to actually do that without some major redo.
Now I'm picturing the pirate ships whipping through like clothes at the dry cleaners. Oh, and maybe the ships can just tip a bit to dump guests out, saving the time it takes them to climb out. I have no idea why I find this mental image so freaking amusing...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom