Peter Pan Queue

JustInTime

The front is still open like normal, the new area routes you back and around. So I guess the major difference is people aren't spilling out into Fantasyland at the end of the line - they're contained.

I wish they would have enclosed the entire thing but still awesome.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The front is still open like normal, the new area routes you back and around. So I guess the major difference is people aren't spilling out into Fantasyland at the end of the line - they're contained.

So they got closer to fixing the major bottleneck there (also partially relieved by the Tangled toilets)...thats good. They've slowly made progress at least.

Belowthesurface

Again, any refurb/improvements to Peter Pan would be a waste of money. What Disney needs to do is address the capacity issue by building a NEW Peter Pan ride with dual tracks BEHIND the New Fantasyland. 1) Peter Pan has had one of the most persistent long lines since the park opened and it will only get worse. 2) The outside (German) theme has nothing to do with Peter Pan, so a newly themed English area BEHIND New Fantasyland where other like attractions can be built, like Pixie Hollow (scratched from New Fantasyland), and the Cinderella' Chateau and Aurora's Cottage (also scratched from NFL), and bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (also dual track) and the Micky Mouse Revue. Not much planning necessary, since each of these attraction either exist or have already been planned out. Perhaps a new Sleeping Beauty and/or Cinderella dark ride(s) could be added to accompany the cottages. A new bridge over the railroad would be needed (no big deal). Entrances would be through Belle's Village and over by the railroad station. Then, after the new attraction opens, (I'd imagine both the new and old attractions would be crowded, for those who wanted to see the old one one last time)), the old Peter Pan could be converted into another meet and greet. And if they wanted to spend a LOT of money they could build a mountain over the train tracks and add the Matterhorn and/or bring back 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (that would go UNDER the tracks). Call it RETRO Fantasyland. The best thing is, unlike NFL, this entire addition could be build behind the scenes saving us from the construction eyesores we've endured with NFL and the Castle hub upgrade.

What the hell is going on here?

DisneyJunkie

I tried searching through threads and different sections and didn't find anything on it, but apparently the interactive queue at Peter Pan's Flight is finished. There are multiple POV videos on the finished product on YouTube, and personally, I think it looks great. You're basically moving through the Darling's home, through the children's bedroom, and there are some great paintings throughout from scenes in the movie. Good job, imagineers!

Kman101

Was hoping to see it yesterday but after waiting for the mine ride (no FP+ for it), couldn't imagine waiting 40 minutes in standby. I'm actually happy for FP+ when it comes to PPF. On and off in pretty much no time. The ride itself seemed brighter than last time when it was near pitch black in there.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'd nearly totally forgotten this work is going on. The queue looks nice. I skimmed a few YouTube videos, but didn't see any "interactive" pieces, just sets, which doesn't bother me at all. It looks nice. The "flat" trees kind of annoyed me at first, but I guess it's par for the course for the rest of that ride, with how flat a lot of the scenery looked.

Still not enough to make me want to go standby on it. Maybe I'll get to walk quickly through it during MVMCP.

Skibum1970

I'd nearly totally forgotten this work is going on. The queue looks nice. I skimmed a few YouTube videos, but didn't see any "interactive" pieces, just sets, which doesn't bother me at all. It looks nice. The "flat" trees kind of annoyed me at first, but I guess it's par for the course for the rest of that ride, with how flat a lot of the scenery looked.

Still not enough to make me want to go standby on it. Maybe I'll get to walk quickly through it during MVMCP.

Most of the other sites mention that the interactive pieces are either not working or not installed. No one mentions when that will change.

JohnD

I liked it. I got in the queue during MVMCP. I saw a family leave in the opposite direction. A father was complaining "This is ridiculous", not realizing a 20-30 minute standby wait for Peter Pan is the exception rather than the norm. I found it worth the shorter than average wait just to experience to queue.

Kman101

LOL if only that father knew 45-60 minutes is the norm. I would have gone through it on Monday like I had planned on, if it didn't bump up to 40 minutes after I got off of the Mine Train. It probably wouldn't have been that long now that I think about it. Mine train was 60 but I was on in about 45 (I timed it) and I started outside of the entrance. Wait times were very very good. Most everything beside Pan and Mine Train was basically walk on even if it said 20 minutes it was more like it took forever just to get through any queue.

DistractedGenius

I admittedly am more excited about this than I should be. This queue was always the most unbearable for a multitude of reasons. It was long and hot and one time my dad got a weird phone call there that I would later find out was my neighbor calling to tell us our dog had passed away (my parents had the brilliant foresight not to tell ust his heart wrenching news while enjoying our last day at MK). Glad there is a new queue to associate with better memories and get some much needed air conditioning! Also, it looks super cool, which is great, interested to see what interactive stuff gets put in.

Goofyernmost

I admittedly am more excited about this than I should be. This queue was always the most unbearable for a multitude of reasons. It was long and hot and one time my dad got a weird phone call there that I would later find out was my neighbor calling to tell us our dog had passed away (my parents had the brilliant foresight not to tell ust his heart wrenching news while enjoying our last day at MK). Glad there is a new queue to associate with better memories and get some much needed air conditioning! Also, it looks super cool, which is great, interested to see what interactive stuff gets put in.
Considering that Peter Pan has been in desperate need of a better queue since the park opened I would think that 42 years is taking a very long time to make that improvement, wouldn't you?

Kman101

I see your point but I also see nothing wrong with celebrating a brand new queue either. It's well done and deserves the kudos it's getting. We're the only ones who truly make it Universal vs. Disney. Why not celebrate both when they do well and be critical where it's deserved?

I'll be a party pooper and say just wait for the day Universal and IOA get complacent again. It's going to happen at some point.

Goofyernmost

Ssssssh don't mention they're building first class attractions every other year.

Whilst at Disney we celebrate >wait for it< a new que - a place where we line up to wait.

BRING OUT THE PARTY POPPERS AND CHAMPAGNE PEOPLE !!!!

How long our standards have dropped.
Also, don't let it out that they just started doing that a few years ago. Before that there was an occasional new attraction, but, a lot of the ones I remember when it first opened are ones that I still ride on. During those years Disney was building new parks and many attractions and was already way ahead of them for things to see or do.

I don't deny that they have been, back then and now, building things that are actually done better then Disney has done them, but, until recently, it wasn't all that common or that often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom