Peter Pan Queue

doctornick

Using existing buildings, there's not a whole lot of room to expand the ride track unless they take out Columbia Harbor House or PhilharMagic.

I guess the question is whether the old bathrooms space could be used to increase the ride length. Does anyone have the blueprints for the ride?

doctornick

PeterPansFlight_zps2cd48b5a.jpg

OK, I found this. It makes it seem like you could potentially expand the ride into the old bathroom space and add another early scene, but it would take a reworking of the existing scenes.

mahnamahna101

Peter Pan's Flight really does have the potential to be a truly great dark ride on par with POTC and HM if they were willing to rebuild it somewhere else. I'd say behind IASW, Mermaid and BoG is the best fit. Take up IASW's old space after relocating to the new area.

Taking up all that space, you could probably work in -
  1. Near the area behind Big Thunder and TSI, Bald Mountain (MK's first true-blue thrill ride with a 48"-54" height requirement), Nightmare Before Christmas show (if they refuse to retheme Haunted Mansion to NBC during the holidays) and a Sleepy Hollow dark ride
  2. C-ticket Tangled dark ride by the bathrooms (3 minutes - nothing too fancy, but still nice)
  3. Neverland mini-land with Peter Pan's Flight in grand fashion (lavish facade, actual AAs, detailed sets and a 10 minute length alongside a high capacity ride system/RV), a Tinkerbell/Pixie Hollow M&G, and a Jolly Roger play area (replacing the Casey Jr. splash area as the water play area for Fantasyland)
  4. Wonderland mini-land with Alice maze, Cheshire Cafe, Tea Cups and newly themed Caterpillar coaster (Barnstormer gets relocated)
  5. Diagon Alley-esque theming for an Arendale section including a new Princess Fairytale Hall, a trackless dark ride themed to Frozen and an Olaf flat ride similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
  6. Pinocchio shoot-the-chutes mixed with a standard family dark ride (basically a mini-Splash Mountain, but still on an E-ticket scale) by Storybook Circus
Likewise, it would open up the opportunity for the following
  1. Casey Jr. Circus Train is brought over to MK, but in a new form that includes some theming/show scenes along the way (replaces Barnstormer and a little extra space)
  2. The old Tea Party/Cheshire Cafe area is rethemed to Pooh. Tea Party's space is used for a Hunny Flyers flat ride (mini-swings themed to a beehive inside a tree) and Cheshire Cafe's old spot becomes Rabbit's Hole
  3. The old Peter Pan building and bathrooms could be used for a Mary Poppins dark ride with a larger queue
  4. The old Princess Fairytale Hall could become a Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent dark ride
  5. Mickey's Philharmagic could be relocated to Town Square Theater. Thus, the old building could be used for a new show or dark ride themed to an underutilized IP
This would give Fantasyland

1. 8 dark rides (including 2 E-tickets and a D-ticket)
  2. 3 coasters (I kiddie, 1 mid-level and 1 thrill)
  3. 1 water ride (relatively all-ages... maybe a 32"-36" height requirement)
  4. 1 track ride (Casey Jr.)
  5. 3 shows
  6. 5 flat rides (all slightly different)
  7. 1 play area
  8. potentially 5-7 M&Gs
While some might think 22 attractions in Fantasyland may be a little much, think about how much of the day most toddlers/preschoolers spend in Fantasyland to begin with. Aside from POTC, HM, Jungle Cruise and Buzz, I can't imagine they do much else outside of Fantasyland unless whoever took them had a certain show/ride they wanted to do in another area. It would ease the capacity issues for Fantasyland, give adults and teens some more to do (Bald Mountain, trackless Frozen dark ride, revamped and extensive PPF, SDMT, Sleepy Hollow, Nightmare Before Christmas) when in this area of the part, and reinforce the idea that WDW should be for everyone... not just little kids. It's not sacrilegious to add one thrill ride to Fantasyland - adults like fantasy, too (HP, LOTR, Narnia, WoW, Game of Thrones, Studio Ghibli, Greek mythology, etc) and Disney shouldn't exclude other forms of fantasy because they aren't all-ages.

Yes, all-ages dark rides should be added to other areas of the park (a people-eater in Tomorrowland and Frontierland would be appreciated... a small Fantasyland-style one themed to Jungle Book could fit in Adventureland, too), but most little kids want to go to Fantasyland for the vast majority of the day. So give them a day's worth of adventures/attractions!

RSoxNo1

Peter Pan's Flight really does have the potential to be a truly great dark ride on par with POTC and HM if they were willing to rebuild it somewhere else. I'd say behind IASW, Mermaid and BoG is the best fit. Take up IASW's old space after relocating to the new area.

1. Near the area behind Big Thunder and TSI, Bald Mountain (MK's first true-blue thrill ride with a 48"-54" height requirement), Nightmare Before Christmas show (if they refuse to retheme Haunted Mansion to NBC during the holidays) and a Sleepy Hollow dark ride
  2. C-ticket Tangled dark ride by the bathrooms (3 minutes - nothing too fancy, but still nice)
  3. Neverland mini-land with Peter Pan's Flight in grand fashion (lavish facade, actual AAs, detailed sets and a 10 minute length alongside a high capacity ride system/RV), a Tinkerbell/Pixie Hollow M&G, and a Jolly Roger play area (replacing the Casey Jr. splash area as the water play area for Fantasyland)
  4. Wonderland mini-land with Alice maze, Cheshire Cafe, Tea Cups and newly themed Caterpillar coaster (Barnstormer gets relocated)
  5. Diagon Alley-esque theming for an Arendale section including a new Princess Fairytale Hall, a trackless dark ride themed to Frozen and an Olaf flat ride similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
  6. Pinocchio shoot-the-chutes mixed with a standard family dark ride (basically a mini-Splash Mountain, but still on an E-ticket scale) by Storybook Circus
  1. Casey Jr. Circus Train is brought over to MK, but in a new form that includes some theming/show scenes along the way (replaces Barnstormer and a little extra space)
  2. The old Tea Party/Cheshire Cafe area is rethemed to Pooh. Tea Party's space is used for a Hunny Flyers flat ride (mini-swings themed to a beehive inside a tree) and Cheshire Cafe's old spot becomes Rabbit's Hole
  3. The old Peter Pan building and bathrooms could be used for a Mary Poppins dark ride with a larger queue
  4. The old Princess Fairytale Hall could become a Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent dark ride
  5. Mickey's Philharmagic could be relocated to Town Square Theater. Thus, the old building could be used for a new show or dark ride themed to an underutilized IP

5. 3 shows
  7. 1 play area
  8. potentially 5-7 M&Gs
While some might think 22 attractions in Fantasyland may be a little much, think about how much of the day most toddlers/preschoolers spend in Fantasyland to begin with. Aside from POTC, HM, Jungle Cruise and Buzz, I can't imagine they do much else outside of Fantasyland unless whoever took them had a certain show/ride they wanted to do in another area. It would ease the capacity issues for Fantasyland, give adults and teens some more to do (Bald Mountain, trackless Frozen dark ride, revamped and extensive PPF, SDMT, Sleepy Hollow, Nightmare Before Christmas) when in this area of the part, and reinforce the idea that WDW should be for everyone... not just little kids. It's not sacrilegious to add one thrill ride to Fantasyland - adults like fantasy, too (HP, LOTR, Narnia, WoW, Game of Thrones, Studio Ghibli, Greek mythology, etc) and Disney shouldn't exclude other forms of fantasy because they aren't all-ages.

Yes, all-ages dark rides should be added to other areas of the park (a people-eater in Tomorrowland and Frontierland would be appreciated... a small Fantasyland-style one themed to Jungle Book could fit in Adventureland, too), but most little kids want to go to Fantasyland for the vast majority of the day. So give them a day's worth of adventures/attractions!
Relocating PhilharMagic and re-doing Pan is a great idea. Combine that with moving it's a small world and we can Roller Coaster Tycoon our way into a much better Fantasyland.

mahnamahna101

..heheheheh...... I love that game. >->
Always wished Disney released their own version - as in "you can completely duplicate Horizons, POTC, HM, ToT, Indy, Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Splash, JttCotE, Spaceship Earth, Star Tours, PPF, Dumbo, Tea Party, etc."

You could build a whole Disney resort in the game (3 parks max - maximum of 500 acres per park, 2 water parks max, and one shopping district)

Not only duplicates, but you could build completely original dark rides, shows, roller-coasters, theming, AAs, flat rides, etc that fit the theme of your area. You would also unlock walk-around characters as you complete objectives/achievements throughout the story mode (eventually every character that's ever walked around can be in the park)

Of course, that's the armchair imagineer in me :p

omurice

If they're going to spend money to revise or expand a ride, think about potentially large people eating spaces that get substantially lower attendance per square foot than anything in Fantasyland. Don't think about closing down a space for 18 months that gets a 60 minute wait on the slowest of days.
Walk away from Fantasyland, then slowly walk through Tomorrowland and ponder "could a few of these spaces be used more effectively?".

Also, shoot a quick glance over toward Tom Sawyer Island next time you're on the river boat... Even on the busiest days, this is acres and acres of barely used space. ;)

*Not saying they can't plus PPF, I would love to see that! Just the idea of closing it for a long re-do, it seems unlikely for something that is already popular. Now IASW, that could use a long re-do... even with FP+ this is a walk-on in morning or late evening.

Last edited:

Gullywhumper

If they're going to spend money to revise or expand a ride, think about potentially large people eating spaces that get substantially lower attendance per square foot than anything in Fantasyland. Don't think about closing down a space for 18 months that gets a 60 minute wait on the slowest of days.
Walk away from Fantasyland, then slowly walk through Tomorrowland and ponder "could a few of these spaces be used more effectively?".

Also, shoot a quick glance over toward Tom Sawyer Island next time you're on the river boat... Even on the busiest days, this is acres and acres of barely used space. ;)
Agreed.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Always wished Disney released their own version - as in "you can completely duplicate Horizons, POTC, HM, ToT, Indy, Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Splash, JttCotE, Spaceship Earth, Star Tours, PPF, Dumbo, Tea Party, etc."

You could build a whole Disney resort in the game (3 parks max - maximum of 500 acres per park, 2 water parks max, and one shopping district)

Not only duplicates, but you could build completely original dark rides, shows, roller-coasters, theming, AAs, flat rides, etc that fit the theme of your area. You would also unlock walk-around characters as you complete objectives/achievements throughout the story mode (eventually every character that's ever walked around can be in the park)

Of course, that's the armchair imagineer in me :p

That. That would be AMAZING 8)

NiarrNDisney

5. 3 shows
  7. 1 play area
  8. potentially 5-7 M&Gs

I like many of your ideas but why not just turn PPF into the small Tangled attraction since it is already near the themed area/bathrooms?

I don't think I would be willing to eat at Rabbits Hole o_O But Rabbits Farm or garden would be ok.

The reason the Mouse has not done the NB4Xmas overlay on the east coast is because it shuts the HM down for a good amount of time. And since DL has a few more E-tickets to spread crowds about they can afford to close their HM down for refurbs and the overlay.

Last edited:

mahnamahna101

I like many of your idea but why not just turn PPF into the small Tangled attraction since it already near the themed area/bathrooms?

I don't think I would be willing to eat at Rabbits Hole o_O But Rabbits Farm or garden would be ok.

The reason the Mouse has not done the NB4Xmas overlay on the east coast is because it shuts the HM down for a good amount of time. And since DL has a few more E-tickets to spread crowds about they can afford to close their HM down for refurbs and the overlay.
Very true... I just want Mary Poppins to finally get an attraction of some sort in the parks. Maybe Mary Poppins could take over the old Philharmagic forum?

Rabbit's Garden is fine! I just came up with something Winnie the Pooh related.

And that's why a permanent NBC attraction at MK or DHS would be the right solution. Allows Jack Skellington a location in WDW without closing down Haunted Mansion. Adding 3-5 more E-tickets and a couple D tickets wouldn't hurt either!

WDWLover#1

I like many of your ideas but why not just turn PPF into the small Tangled attraction since it is already near the themed area/bathrooms?

The argument in house is that disneyland is more locals not tourists. WDW is the complete opposite. Many people take once in a lifetime trips so having one of disneys most famous rides down (for about a month) might annoy some people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom