Peter Pan Queue

matt9112

There's no way a ride like that would fit over in the spot occupied by the Speedway. As much of an eyesore it is from the Fantasyland side of things, a Frozen or BATB dark ride would be an even bigger eyesore from the Tomorrowland side.

Tuck a small attraction or maybe pixie hollow in the back of the spot (near tracks) and just forest it up to provide a smoother transition fill it in with foliage and some seating and less concrete. Anything the size of the speedway will be poor since the lands are so close....no true transition....you could also do some kind of faux barrier like the castle walls in front of BOG to help with this...

matt9112

Double Dumbo could be rethemed rather easily. Flying Pirate Ships?

Double dumbo i think is one of the neatest things right now...I have no issue with storybook circus and minus no mickey house is ten times better than the old toons...

matt9112

Absolutely not a chance. It is a low cost attraction to operate, has a huge capacity, and its massively popular with guests. It would make no sense what-so-ever to close it.

And moving rides? When does that really ever happen these days. IASW is a Magic Kingdom classic and will remain that way.

I agree with steve....on financial grounds....not moral ones...

mharrington

I agree with steve....on financial grounds....not moral ones...

Also on practical grounds. Relocating Small World to Epcot just doesn't seem very practical.

Yes to push to tracks....no to station.
Opinion.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem like an option. Yes, there is plenty of space back there, but it would be extremely difficult to get back there without having to contend with backstage areas. Here's a shot showing off a bit of the backstage area:
Fantasyland_Full_17123.jpg

In addition to roads (not shown here; I know, it's not the best image), I thought I read that the back end there has some stairs, so it's not all one level, but two. It's also the entrance to the utilidors. I just think it would create a great deal of headaches. Sure, you can build new rides back there, but how can the utilidors be folded into the proceedings?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Also on practical grounds. Relocating Small World to Epcot just doesn't seem very practical.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem like an option. Yes, there is plenty of space back there, but it would be extremely difficult to get back there without having to contend with backstage areas. Here's a shot showing off a bit of the backstage area:

In addition to roads (not shown here; I know, it's not the best image), I thought I read that the back end there has some stairs, so it's not all one level, but two. It's also the entrance to the utilidors. I just think it would create a great deal of headaches. Sure, you can build new rides back there, but how can the utilidors be folded into the proceedings?

Not to mention that they have recently begun a project (maybe complete by now) to add more parking and a new retention pond behind Small World.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
How permanent is the retention pond?

Nothing is permanent, just making the point that although expanding back to the tracks might sound like a good idea, it's likely that there are no plans to do this anytime soon since they just built something else there.

matt9112

I would honestly not be interested in any new attraction minus a meet and greet gazibo or something...I'm thinking paths and such to just flesh out the area...add some shade some greenery little pathways and such...more space for people to move around. But yes you are correct highly unlikely and costly.

jt04

Double dumbo i think is one of the neatest things right now...I have no issue with storybook circus and minus no mickey house is ten times better than the old toons...

I have no issues at all with SC except the chosen location. Would be perfect between MSUSA and TL. My point was it would be relatively easy to retheme it to a PH/PPF mini-land at some point in the future if they wanted. Not saying it will ever happen but it would not be difficult.

jt04

Nothing is permanent, just making the point that although expanding back to the tracks might sound like a good idea, it's likely that there are no plans to do this anytime soon since they just built something else there.

Unfortunately. Perhaps they have decided all major expansions will happen at the other 3 parks for the next couple decades. Or that the IaSW building has an adequate footprint should they ever decide to expand Fantasyland.

PeterAlt

Unfortunately. Perhaps they have decided all major expansions will happen at the other 3 parks for the next couple decades. Or that the IaSW building has an adequate footprint should they ever decide to expand Fantasyland.
I remember quite clearly soon after Iger became CEO, someone in the company (Iger?) said that instead of building a fifth gate, they will instead focus on expanding and improving the existing four parks over the next 10 years. MK was the first to get this special treatment with FLE. AK was next with Avatar and the other improvements and shows coming there. We can assume that an HS expansion and a major EC rehab have been in the planning stages for some time and at least one of these may be announced very soon.

jt04

I remember quite clearly soon after Iger became CEO, someone in the company (Iger?) said that instead of building a fifth gate, they will instead focus on expanding and improving the existing four parks over the next 10 years. MK was the first to get this special treatment with FLE. AK was next with Avatar and the other improvements and shows coming there. We can assume that an HS expansion and a major EC rehab have been in the planning stages for some time and at least one of these may be announced very soon.

Exactly. My hunch is the parks will see a lot in the next few years. 5th gate would never happen until after the 50th celebrations are long over. And then I suspect it will be a small boutique park. IMO.

Tom

Beta Return
Exactly. My hunch is the parks will see a lot in the next few years. 5th gate would never happen until after the 50th celebrations are long over. And then I suspect it will be a small boutique park. IMO.

I will be absolutely shocked if they build an actual 5th park in the next 10, or even 20 years. The costs involved with a new park (all the infrastructure, parking, support areas) are insurmountable compared to the relatively low costs of adding to existing parks.

And personally, I'd rather see EC, DHS and DAK all receive major investments, making each of them a 1.5 day park. Disney owes its guests fuller experiences at its existing properties first, before it owes any new choices, which will just further water down the vacation as a whole.

jt04

I will be absolutely shocked if they build an actual 5th park in the next 10, or even 20 years. The costs involved with a new park (all the infrastructure, parking, support areas) are insurmountable compared to the relatively low costs of adding to existing parks.

And personally, I'd rather see EC, DHS and DAK all receive major investments, making each of them a 1.5 day park. Disney owes its guests fuller experiences at its existing properties first, before it owes any new choices, which will just further water down the vacation as a whole.

I know what you are saying but if they have a compelling idea for a boutique park I think they might do that. If Sea World can afford a Discovery Cove type experience so can WDW. Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom