One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Ah I'm honored!:oops: I like the rotating panel -- I would make an exception here only because you're at Disney for so long for the video reviews -- and you're on a role with hosting, might as well strike while the iron is hot!

And @tcool123 hosted the first two episodes of Season 2 last year, so one more for the gipper if you're up for it I don't think would hurt;):D
Haha, we'll see!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So, the footage has officially been lost :(

A new, fresh recording of the reviews and the results of Prompt 9 will be coming either Thursday or Friday (the two days I go in to work late lol)

Sorry for the delay. I tried to record to my memory card so I could do a longer, uninterrupted video and take my time doing the reviews and touring Hollywood Studios, but then it tried to download it to my phone's memory before it would upload to YouTube and that killed the file. I think. I'm still not entirely sure lol.

Sephirenn

Press Release

OSC. Corp is proud to announce a true homage to Mickey's PhilharMagic and Walt Disney World's first interactive trackless dark ride; follow Donald duck on his adventures through the worlds of Disney music, creating your own path as you revisit childhood (and modern) memories.

Donald's OrchestroMagic

aIufrOU.png

As guests enter the queue for the attraction, their Magic Bands sync up to multiple interactive monitors and stations allowing them to pick their favorite Disney characters, films, and music; the music will not only play while they wait in line, but their choices will be provided to the cast members to best accommodate them onto their favorite ride vehicles (fast pass+ reservations can choose a preference for their ride vehicle also, upon making their reservation).

Once aboard the attraction (which, as discussed above, gives guests a chance to ride in multiple differently themed vehicles like the Magic Carpet, Sven, a Clamshell, etc), guests use an interactive screen to pick one of 2-4 routes through each of the scenes in the ride, allowing them to experience new views and angles in a scene, new voices, easter eggs, and different vehicle speeds and movements (even special routes for a scene depending on which vehicle you are in, like being given a choice to fly in the sky if you are in the magic carpet), providing for a TRUE chance for a totally new ride every time a guest experiences the attraction.

CraniumCommand89

Mr Toad's Wild Ride

To replace the 3D show, let's bring back a classic Disney attraction with its signature double ride vehicle system that was seen in Walt Disney World for years before its replacement with Pooh. The attraction will be about 3 minutes long and take you on a journey with Toad through the Wind in the Willows and all his crazy adventures.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Here are the video reviews! Thank you for your patience!

Before revealing the medals, let me just say that this was incredibly tough to judge because you all did fantastic and often wildly different ideas! Under different circumstances, all of your parades would be been told medal worthy. This was just such an incredibly impressive round of ideas!

Honorable Mention
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@gonzoWDW
I just love your idea so much! I just an not sure this would work as well in a parade as it would as a stage show. But I need an American idol parody in Hollywood Studios now with Star Lord trying to get Gamora to sing a duet with him and Balloo convincing the awkward Bagheera into a surprisingly well done solo lol.

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@spacemt354
Perhaps the parade itself may not be the moooost exciting here, but it is very solid and something Disney Springs could really use!

Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@MonorailRed
A clever parade idea and a well thought out description all in what is technically 2 senteences. A great One Sentence Comp Proposal!

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@Sephirenn
This was just an incredible mix of classic parade ideas and grand out of the box thinking! Possibly one of my favorite things I've seen proposed all episode!

Congrats again everyone! Thanks again for making the season great so far!

Now for the final prompt! The grand finale!

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

Before revealing the medals, let me just say that this was incredibly tough to judge because you all did fantastic and often wildly different ideas! Under different circumstances, all of your parades would be been told medal worthy. This was just such an incredibly impressive round of ideas!

Honorable Mention

@gonzoWDW
I just love your idea so much! I just an not sure this would work as well in a parade as it would as a stage show. But I need an American idol parody in Hollywood Studios now with Star Lord trying to get Gamora to sing a duet with him and Balloo convincing the awkward Bagheera into a surprisingly well done solo lol.

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@spacemt354
Perhaps the parade itself may not be the moooost exciting here, but it is very solid and something Disney Springs could really use!

Silver Medal

@MonorailRed
A clever parade idea and a well thought out description all in what is technically 2 senteences. A great One Sentence Comp Proposal!

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@Sephirenn
This was just an incredible mix of classic parade ideas and grand out of the box thinking! Possibly one of my favorite things I've seen proposed all episode!

Now that is a competition review. Very nicely done!

**meanwhile, DisneyDad re-examines his travel budget for the Great Movie Ride competition later this year...*** :)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Now that is a competition review. Very nicely done!

**meanwhile, DisneyDad re-examines his travel budget for the Great Movie Ride competition later this year...*** :)
Thanks! You guys have me a lot to talk about this round! Really fantastic job!

And assuming I'm still in Disney when your comp takes place, i'd be happy to help do some in park stuff do you!

Sephirenn

Honorable Mention

@gonzoWDW

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@spacemt354

Silver Medal

@MonorailRed

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@Sephirenn

I felt really bad about the bullet points, but I think I used them once before and you didn't call me out on it so I did it again :) And the video reviews continue to be a great addition to this comp, bravo on that!

gonzoWDW

The Royal Visit
A new dark (in both the literal and figurative sense) ride replaces the location previously occupied by Phillarmagic, but it really fills the hole left behind by the removal of Snow White’s Scary Adventure.

The Prince is coming to find the missing maiden, who has left her slipper behind, but Cinderella is locked in the attic, with basically no hope of escaping; to save Cinderella, Fairy Godmother shrinks you down to the size of a mouse, and you scurry to the challenge in this coaster, which utilizes the "crazy mouse" ride vehicle - making turns and effects feel all the more jarring/intense.

latest

You have to survive dark spaces, the stomping feet of the evil “step” sisters, broomsticks smashing the ground around you, and the menacing, ravenous cat Lucifer as you ride through the house (which utilizes physical sets and effects) to free Cinderella in time to meet her Prince.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I felt really bad about the bullet points, but I think I used them once before and you didn't call me out on it so I did it again :) And the video reviews continue to be a great addition to this comp, bravo on that!
Lol no need to feel bad. This is a casual competition so I'm not super strict. And it's not like you're breaking any rules. Maybe stretching them a bit, but not breaking haha. You're all good!

spacemt354

Chili's
Cinderella's Royal Ball
open-uri20160107-21163-16zgl3_52fc647e.jpeg

In the tradition of a classic Fantasyland style simplistic dark ride, Mickey's PhilarMagic will be gutted and replaced with a centrally located IP to the courtyard area of Fantasyland that has never had a dark ride attraction in the decades of Fantasyland's existence, Cinderella.

Journey with Cinderella from her days with the evil stepsisters, to her encounter with the fairy godmother, and finally in a dash to leave before midnight - and in true classic style, your ride vehicle through all of this will be a pumpkin cart that you sit in and follow a guided track around the 8 different vaguely defined, and simplistically crafted scenes.

This attraction would be further choreographed with the recent release of a live-action remake that instilled a deeper appreciation for the animated film, would add variety to the Fantasyland lineup, and further elaborate on the aesthetic of Cinderella Castle.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm gonna tag people in groups so no one who wants to participate will miss out on the grand finale!
Prompt 10
Final Fantasyland

latest

-Scenario-
I'm sad to say it, but the episode is over. A bit bitter sweet. Thank you all for making this a great episode! I've really enjoyed my first time hosting a competition and I've really enjoyed seeing what you all have come up with! Let's end the first episode of season 3 with a bang!

DSC04654.jpg

I love Phillarmagic. You (presumably) love Phillarmagic. Phillarmagic is fantastic! Its also just a well done 3D movie. 3D movies aren't special anymore. Most people try to avoid watching things in 3D if at all possible. Not to mention the fact that Phillatmagic rarely if ever fills it's theater anymore except for during peak times. Taking all that into consideration (and the fact that it's sitting on some prime real estate in the heart of fantasyland), maybe it's time for a replacement.

Walt_PeterPan.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your final challenge is to create a new Fantasyland style dark ride to replace Phillarmagic. You get to follow in the grand tradition of Peter Pan's flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and so many other classic Disney experiences!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 12 noon on Sunday, March 12th.

And no copying rides from other parks even if Disney World doesn't have it.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your ride to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 10
Final Fantasyland

latest

-Scenario-
I'm sad to say it, but the episode is over. A bit bitter sweet. Thank you all for making this a great episode! I've really enjoyed my first time hosting a competition and I've really enjoyed seeing what you all have come up with! Let's end the first episode of season 3 with a bang!

DSC04654.jpg

I love Phillarmagic. You (presumably) love Phillarmagic. Phillarmagic is fantastic! Its also just a well done 3D movie. 3D movies aren't special anymore. Most people try to avoid watching things in 3D if at all possible. Not to mention the fact that Phillatmagic rarely if ever fills it's theater anymore except for during peak times. Taking all that into consideration (and the fact that it's sitting on some prime real estate in the heart of fantasyland), maybe it's time for a replacement.

Walt_PeterPan.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your final challenge is to create a new Fantasyland style dark ride to replace Phillarmagic. You get to follow in the grand tradition of Peter Pan's flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and so many other classic Disney experiences!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 11:59 PM on Sunday, March 12th.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your ride to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​
I'm gonna tag people in groups so no one who wants to participate will miss out on the grand finale!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 10
Final Fantasyland

latest

-Scenario-

DSC04654.jpg

Walt_PeterPan.jpg

-Challenge-

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 11:59 PM on Sunday, March 12th.

-Bonus-

-tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?

@David2319 - are you back on the boards? Wanna try for one last One Sentence prompt this episode!
@jsurbs
@tcool123

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 10
Final Fantasyland

latest

-Scenario-

DSC04654.jpg

Walt_PeterPan.jpg

-Challenge-

-Rules-

-Bonus-

-tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?

FigmentPigments

Here are the point rankings at the heading into this final prompt!

@spacemt354 - 17
@Sephirenn - 16
@DlpPhantom - 8
@kmbmw777 - 6
@Magic Feather - 11
@FigmentPigments - 18
@David2319 - 5
@jsurbs - 2
@tcool123 - 1
@michmousefan - 5
@StevenU - 1
@gonzoWDW -2
@Angels and Disney's -1
@Poe Dameron -1
@Disney Dad 3000 -1
@MonorailRed -2

The due date for this last prompt so he pushed back until 11:59 PM tomorrow, Sunday, March 11th!
Have fun! Go create!

Thank you! Much appreciated! :)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 10
Final Fantasyland

latest

-Scenario-

DSC04654.jpg

Walt_PeterPan.jpg

-Challenge-

-Rules-

-Bonus-

-tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom