One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hello, fellow Armchair Imagineers!
Welcome to Season 3 of the One Sentence Competition!
swbKuGu.jpg

For those of you who don't know, the One Sentence Competition is a fun, casual competition. There are no eliminations and no large time commitment involved. You can drop in or drop out at anytime and most prompts should not take very long.

I'm your host for episode 1 which will have about 10 prompts over roughly a month and a half. Each prompt will involve some sort of imagineering chanllenge. Some examples from the last episode was to replace the Voyage to the Crystal Grotto in Shanghai Disneyland with something a bit less underwhelming or to add a Haunted Mansion mini-land around the ride in Disneyland Paris. This episode will be similar, but focused on Walt Disney World.

This competition is built on simplicity. Your responses can only be 1-5 sentences long and can only include up to 2 pictures. No videos or websites. Plus there will be a bonus on each prompt that you can use an additional 1-2 sentences to respond to. The bonus is mostly for fun, but if two responses are equally good, the bonus will be used as a tie breaker.

Each response will receive a short review with encouragement and constructive criticism. Then, the top three will receive bronze (1 point), silver (2 points), and gold (3 points) medals. Whoever has the most points at the end of the episode gets first dibs on hosting episode 2 of season 3 (if they want to).

The competition aspect really isn't the focus though. This is meant to just be a fun time. Simple enough for new comers, but rewarding enough for veterans. A great way to start in the imagineering forums, to relax a bit between bigger competitions, or just to have a good time and use your imagination a bit!

Episode 1 begins Friday the 13th (01/13/17).

I'll periodically be posting one or two practice prompts between now and then just for fun and to make sure everyone understands the format.

If you're interested, give me a "woohoo!" (Or just say "I'm in" or whatever if you don't feel like shouting lol)​

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Practice Prompt 1
Re-Energized

ellens_energy_adventure_004.jpg

-Scenario-
Universe of Energy is widely considered to be the best place to nap in all four parks. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but for most people Ellen, Bill Nye the Science Guy, and Jeopardy aren't enough to save this 45 minute long attraction. Even I have to admit this pavilion lacks a sort of, pardon the pun, energy.

original.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to breath new life into this corner of Future World. Either update Universe of Energy, add a new attraction with an energy theme, or replace the whole thing with a new pavilion.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 5 sentences and up to 2 pictures. If this was a regular prompt, the deadline would be Sunday (1/1) at 7 PM (Most prompts will be given about 4 days). Since this is just a practice prompt, there is no real deadline. This is just for fun.

-Bonus-
No bonus for the practice. In the real game this will be an extra fun addition to the challenge. It will only effect judging if there is a tie though.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. It's a simple, casual competition. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!​

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
The ride is closed and turned into a festival pavilion.
Universe of Energy is converted into Guardians of the Galaxy

Digital Pavilion
The pavilion will be demolished and replaced with a new, more grand technology feel to it, with glowing neon lights at night to parallel the colors of Test Track across the way, but also designed in a way that makes it unique from its counterpart.

YSCojU1.jpg

Inside will be new version of the Tron Lightcycle roller coaster from Shanghai Disneyland - which will include a launched incline as well as steeper drops and sharper turns through the digital world.

If putting IPs in Epcot is a thing now...we might as well put in something cool :p

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Digital Pavilion
The pavilion will be demolished and replaced with a new, more grand technology feel to it, with glowing neon lights at night to parallel the colors of Test Track across the way, but also designed in a way that makes it unique from its counterpart.

YSCojU1.jpg

Inside will be new version of the Tron Lightcycle roller coaster from Shanghai Disneyland - which will include a launched incline as well as steeper drops and sharper turns through the digital world.

If putting IPs in Epcot is a thing now...we might as well put in something cool :p

There are few things I love more than Tron, so I may be a little biased haha. I think this could be a great addition. Epcot could use a rollercoaster and a pavilion themed to computers and the digital age would be a fantastic modern update to Epcot. My only real concern would be that the blocky building might look kinda ugly during the day, but the lights at night should be awesome enough to make up for it.

Suchomimus

Digital Pavilion

YSCojU1.jpg

Since Pionmycake gave me approval to make a quick criticism, I guess I'll split my review into to parts; the positive and the negative.
The positive:
•First Tron attraction in America
•Also having more additions to the
•Second thrill ride in Epcot
•SFX on the building at night
The Negative:
•Feels like Test Track and Mission to Mars all over again because it focuses on just the thrill factor than the educational one.
•Inconsistent to Future World's theme of being about man's discoveries in science and ideas for the future to come in them.
•There are two parks; Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom respectively; that can use science fiction; like Tron or Wall-E; so there's no real reason why any potential was wasted.
So if I was to give a grade report based on what's above, I'd give it a C. Not a good start, but not a bad one either.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Since Pionmycake gave me approval to make a quick criticism, I guess I'll split my review into to parts; the positive and the negative.
The positive:
•First Tron attraction in America
•Also having more additions to the
•Second thrill ride in Epcot
•SFX on the building at night
The Negative:
•Feels like Test Track and Mission to Mars all over again because it focuses on just the thrill factor than the educational one.
•Inconsistent to Future World's theme of being about man's discoveries in science and ideas for the future to come in them.
•There are two parks; Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom respectively; that can use science fiction; like Tron or Wall-E; so there's no real reason why any potential was wasted.
So if I was to give a grade report based on what's above, I'd give it a C. Not a good start, but not a bad one either.
That would depend. He titled it "Digital Pavilion." While he didn't go into detail on it, that was a subtle hint to me that he meant there to be more than just the ride. Using the IP to educate on stuff related to the digital age. A computer science pavilion would be a great addition for a modern day Epcot.

I guess how much this fits into Epcot depends on the details of the execution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom