Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 10
Final Fantasyland

latest

-Scenario-
I'm sad to say it, but the episode is over. A bit bitter sweet. Thank you all for making this a great episode! I've really enjoyed my first time hosting a competition and I've really enjoyed seeing what you all have come up with! Let's end the first episode of season 3 with a bang!

DSC04654.jpg

I love Phillarmagic. You (presumably) love Phillarmagic. Phillarmagic is fantastic! Its also just a well done 3D movie. 3D movies aren't special anymore. Most people try to avoid watching things in 3D if at all possible. Not to mention the fact that Phillatmagic rarely if ever fills it's theater anymore except for during peak times. Taking all that into consideration (and the fact that it's sitting on some prime real estate in the heart of fantasyland), maybe it's time for a replacement.

Walt_PeterPan.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your final challenge is to create a new Fantasyland style dark ride to replace Phillarmagic. You get to follow in the grand tradition of Peter Pan's flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and so many other classic Disney experiences!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 11:59 PM on Sunday, March 12th.

And no copying rides from other parks even if Disney World doesn't have it.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your ride to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's

I'm sad to say it, but the episode is over. A bit bitter sweet. Thank you all for making this a great episode! I've really enjoyed my first time hosting a competition and I've really enjoyed seeing what you all have come up with! Let's end the first episode of season 3 with a bang!
Not that I make the decision or anything :p But I would seriously vouch for you to host Episode 2. You've been a great host at this game (far better than what I did haha) and you have implemented a unique form of reviews that really nobody can do -- so if you're still interested -- you have my vote for sure!:)

kmbmw777

Prompt 10
Final Fantasyland

latest

-Scenario-

DSC04654.jpg

I love Phillarmagic. You (presumably) love Phillarmagic. Phillarmagic is fantastic! Its also just a well done 3D movie. 3D movies aren't special anymore. Most people try to avoid watching things in 3D if at all possible. Not to mention the fact that Phillatmagic rarely if ever fills it's theater anymore except for during peak times. Taking all that into consideration (and the fact that it's sitting on some prime real estate in the heart of fantasyland), maybe it's time for a replacement.

Walt_PeterPan.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your final challenge is to create a new Fantasyland style dark ride to replace Phillarmagic. You get to follow in the grand tradition of Peter Pan's flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and so many other classic Disney experiences!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 12 noon on Sunday, March 12th.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your ride to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​
I missed so much... Oops. :p
I will return one final time for the grand finale.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Not that I make the decision or anything :p But I would seriously vouch for you to host Episode 2. You've been a great host at this game (far better than what I did haha) and you have implemented a unique form of reviews that really nobody can do -- so if you're still interested -- you have my vote for sure!:)
Built on the backs of giants! I went through the previous games and took notes of what you, david, and all the other past hosts did!

And I've lived hosting and would not be against continuing, but I also love how the host changes with the One Sentence Comp! If none of the top scoring, most consistently showing up people from this round wanted to host, I'd be more than willing to do another episode though!

spacemt354

Chili's
Built on the backs of giants! I went through the previous games and took notes of what you, david, and all the other past hosts did!

And I've lived hosting and would not be against continuing, but I also love how the host changes with the One Sentence Comp! If none of the top scoring, most consistently showing up people from this round wanted to host, I'd be more than willing to do another episode though!
Ah I'm honored!:oops: I like the rotating panel -- I would make an exception here only because you're at Disney for so long for the video reviews -- and you're on a role with hosting, might as well strike while the iron is hot!

And @tcool123 hosted the first two episodes of Season 2 last year, so one more for the gipper if you're up for it I don't think would hurt;):D

kmbmw777

Prompt 10
Final Fantasyland

latest

-Scenario-

DSC04654.jpg

Walt_PeterPan.jpg

-Challenge-

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 12 noon on Sunday, March 12th.

-Bonus-

-tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?

A Journey to Oz
Oz_-_The_Great_and_Powerful_Poster.jpg

This ride seats guest in a flying "hot air balloon," which uses similar technology to Peter Pan's flight next door, and allows them to go on a journey inspired by the movie Oz: The Great and Powerful.

Guests fly across majestic scenes of Oz, witness incredible battles, and fly amongst the winged monkeys in this battle, as this ride recreates the movie - from an aerial perspective.

This ride will eventually become a part of a larger scale Oz land at Disney Studios Paris, as the Oz series is truly one of the greatest works in American culture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom