Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 10
Final Fantasyland

latest

-Scenario-
I'm sad to say it, but the episode is over. A bit bitter sweet. Thank you all for making this a great episode! I've really enjoyed my first time hosting a competition and I've really enjoyed seeing what you all have come up with! Let's end the first episode of season 3 with a bang!

DSC04654.jpg

I love Phillarmagic. You (presumably) love Phillarmagic. Phillarmagic is fantastic! Its also just a well done 3D movie. 3D movies aren't special anymore. Most people try to avoid watching things in 3D if at all possible. Not to mention the fact that Phillatmagic rarely if ever fills it's theater anymore except for during peak times. Taking all that into consideration (and the fact that it's sitting on some prime real estate in the heart of fantasyland), maybe it's time for a replacement.

Walt_PeterPan.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your final challenge is to create a new Fantasyland style dark ride to replace Phillarmagic. You get to follow in the grand tradition of Peter Pan's flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and so many other classic Disney experiences!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 11:59 PM on Sunday, March 12th.

And no copying rides from other parks even if Disney World doesn't have it.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your ride to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​
@MonorailRed
@CraniumCommand89 - I know you said you were interested in joining in!

FigmentPigments

Prompt 10
Final Fantasyland

latest

-Scenario-
I'm sad to say it, but the episode is over. A bit bitter sweet. Thank you all for making this a great episode! I've really enjoyed my first time hosting a competition and I've really enjoyed seeing what you all have come up with! Let's end the first episode of season 3 with a bang!

DSC04654.jpg

I love Phillarmagic. You (presumably) love Phillarmagic. Phillarmagic is fantastic! Its also just a well done 3D movie. 3D movies aren't special anymore. Most people try to avoid watching things in 3D if at all possible. Not to mention the fact that Phillatmagic rarely if ever fills it's theater anymore except for during peak times. Taking all that into consideration (and the fact that it's sitting on some prime real estate in the heart of fantasyland), maybe it's time for a replacement.

Walt_PeterPan.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your final challenge is to create a new Fantasyland style dark ride to replace Phillarmagic. You get to follow in the grand tradition of Peter Pan's flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and so many other classic Disney experiences!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 11:59 PM on Sunday, March 12th.

And no copying rides from other parks even if Disney World doesn't have it.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your ride to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​
Brave: Fate Be Changed

Replacing the diminished Mickey's Phillarmagic, this ride sees guests enter a replica of the Witch's cottage filled will all manner of bear carvings, bypassing a broom sweeping by itself, a bubbling cauldron, a sassy, talking crow heckling the guests, and then meeting the (animontronic) witch enticing the guests with a story about a young princess striving to change her fate.

Guests board their vehicles (carved, wooden bears) and start their journey with a scene of Merida accepting a spell, then the vehicles travel through the Standing Stones (which tower over the guests) and continue to follow Merida and her mother as they try to break the spell, follow the will o' the wisps, and defeat Mor'du in the process.
Brave+Stones.png
This ride not only makes use of a movie and princess that does not have a very strong presence in the parks, but this attraction uses a mix of animontronics (the witch in the queue and the Mor'du attack), projected images (the will o' the wisps leading guests through the scenes), and practical sets (the towering Standing Stones and Castle Dunbrough entrance) to immerse guests into a tale of being brave enough to see your fate.

Bonus: Much like Mickey's Phillarmagic theatre, the Fantasyland Theatre in Disneyland is sitting on a prime piece of real estate, and this ride's show building (the witch's cottage) will add some much needed greenery and blend into the hillside for Casey Jr.

MA Screamin'

lockshockbarrel.jpg

Jack Skellington's Chase for Christmas! is a new dark ride for Walt Disney World's Fantasyland, and the first ever Walt Disney Imagineering direct collaboration with the legendary Tim Burton himself! It's Christmas Eve once again, and Lock, Shock, and Barrel are up to their same ol' tricks, and have kidnapped Santa, leaving it up Jack to chase them through the Seven Trees, which have been further developed uniquely for this attraction, to save Christmas before it's too late. Dense sets and a lean on more practical effects, blended with technical proficiency of a trackless ride system and the gorgeous art of Tim Burton, Chase for Christmas! shines new light onto the art that is the original Fantasyland dark rides and brings them to a new generation of fans!

Bonus: This attraction would be perfect as a low-cost addition to the struggling Hong Kong Disneyland, as international audiences devoured Burton's latest work in the Alice in Wonderland franchise, and they have proven successfully in Shanghai!​

michmousefan

Cruella's Crazy Chase
maxresdefault.jpg

This all-new attraction, based on Disney's classic 101 Dalmatians, takes guests on a crazy jaunt through the streets of London (you might even see a nod to a certain Toad if you look carefully) and the english countryside as riders are enlisted by Pongo and Perdita to help chase down the evil Cruella and rescue the stolen puppies. Filled with family-friendly thrills and spills, plus a fantastic, show-stopping finale with (you guessed it) 101 animatronic dalmatians in one scene, this ride is sure to take its place among Fantasyland's great rides.

spacemt354

Chili's
Cruella's Crazy Chase
View attachment 193561
This all-new attraction, based on Disney's classic 101 Dalmatians, takes guests on a crazy jaunt through the streets of London and the english countryside as riders are enlisted by Pongo and Perdita to help chase down the evil Cruella and rescue the stolen puppies. Filled with family-friendly thrills and spills, plus a fantastic, show-stopping finale with (you guessed it) 101 animatronic dalmatians in one scene, this ride is sure to take its place among Fantasyland's great rides.
Good gosh that image:eek::hilarious:

Magic Feather

PS: Sorry it is late-
Rapunzel's Magical Adventure
Embarking upon royal Carriages, guests can venture into the forests of Corona, as they encounter Flynn Rider, Rapunzel, Mother Gothel, and the Stabbington Brothers, all before entering the Snuggly Duckling, where you learn about the dreams of all of the thugs. After a narrow escape from thugs and guards, you will watch as 100 physical "floating" lanterns as you watch Flynn and Rapunzel in an awe inspiring scene. After a final encounter with Gothel, watch as the happy ending unfolds before your eyes.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
PS: Sorry it is late-
Rapunzel's Magical Adventure
Embarking upon royal Carriages, guests can venture into the forests of Corona, as they encounter Flynn Rider, Rapunzel, Mother Gothel, and the Stabbington Brothers, all before entering the Snuggly Duckling, where you learn about the dreams of all of the thugs. After a narrow escape from thugs and guards, you will watch as 100 physical "floating" lanterns as you watch Flynn and Rapunzel in an awe inspiring scene. After a final encounter with Gothel, watch as the happy ending unfolds before your eyes.
Not late! I extended the deadline till midnight

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom